Reliance Thunder plan -good enough ?

@Kiran Gopinath How did you get access to the modem?
They provided me with their own (pre configured) modem and they refused to give its login details..
I get pathetic speeds without using Google dns. With Google DNS its fine.
Also since I am using google dns I cant use their login url or the application so they gave me a IP using which I can log on. Though its slow its better than not being able to access the login page while using google dns.
The login page ip is http://220.224.142.229/reliance/startportal_isg.do?CPURL=null
For some strange reason the ?CPURL=null seems to make a lot of diff :D

Anyone knows how to access their modem? what credentials can I use? Its not even on the default IP.

Also I am not able to register my account details online on their website to view my bills and account details. They are not helping in that too....

Actually, they know what they are doing;). They pretend they are unaware! So the users get a feeling that there is no use complaining about this and they refrain!! :banghead:

Might be true in your case but in bhopal nobody knows anything. Recently faced multiple disconnections and they had no idea what was wrong, i had to drag the lineman from the office to the exchange and have him check the battery which had died. This whole process took 15 days. Every time i complain the guy in charge sends the line man to change the wires, apparently they think changing wires fixes everything. Just to let you know my wires have been changed 9 times in past three months. The only reason i dont get my connection terminated is because i refuse to support greedy companies with (un)fair usage policy.

Few days back reliance sales guy came to my home in Mumbai to sell Thunder plans, bhaga diya usko.
Was trying his level best to sell the plan. I told i am happy with MTNL.
He tell me 12 Mbps for XYZ and 1 Mbps after FUP and such and i told mujhe itna speed nahi chahiye :p

@Kiran Gopinath How did you get access to the modem?
They provided me with their own (pre configured) modem and they refused to give its login details..
I get pathetic speeds without using Google dns. With Google DNS its fine.
Also since I am using google dns I cant use their login url or the application so they gave me a IP using which I can log on. Though its slow its better than not being able to access the login page while using google dns.
The login page ip is http://220.224.142.229/reliance/startportal_isg.do?CPURL=null
For some strange reason the ?CPURL=null seems to make a lot of diff :D

Anyone knows how to access their modem? what credentials can I use? Its not even on the default IP.

Also I am not able to register my account details online on their website to view my bills and account details. They are not helping in that too....

I never use the modem which they gave! The only time I use it is when i call the customer care for lodging complaints! IP address of reliance starts with 123.xxx.x.x, which on using routers turn to 192.168.x.x(IPV4). They say all the issue is due to the usage of routers and they don't entertain this and they tend to disconnect without further conversations! :p

Before resetting my connection, I can't view my usage statistics and even which plan I was on!

Might be true in your case but in bhopal nobody knows anything. Recently faced multiple disconnections and they had no idea what was wrong, i had to drag the lineman from the office to the exchange and have him check the battery which had died. This whole process took 15 days. Every time i complain the guy in charge sends the line man to change the wires, apparently they think changing wires fixes everything. Just to let you know my wires have been changed 9 times in past three months. The only reason i dont get my connection terminated is because i refuse to support greedy companies with (un)fair usage policy.

Aw! I feel sorry for you! Hope everything will be alright soon! BTW what speeds do you get? Upload n Download?

I never use the modem which they gave! The only time I use it is when i call the customer care for lodging complaints! IP address of reliance starts with 123.xxx.x.x, which on using routers turn to 192.168.x.x(IPV4). They say all the issue is due to the usage of routers and they don't entertain this and they tend to disconnect without further conversations! :p
Before resetting my connection, I can't view my usage statistics and even which plan I was on!
Are you able to check your account details online on their rcom service portal?
For me it asks for the billing account and other no but when i click on add it does nothing. It seems that they have deactivated the code on the button click.....

For me it asks for the billing account and other no but when i click on add it does nothing. It seems that they have deactivated the code on the button click.....

I have access to these pages! Sorry if i'm wrong. I'm a noob in all these stuffs!
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

I had the same issue last time i checked.

They say all the issue is due to the usage of routers and they don't entertain this and they tend to disconnect without further conversations! :p

Yeah they don't promote routers. They always tell to directly connect RJ45 cable to pc/lappy to check the details and troubleshooting steps.

Once lineman saw that 2 cables were coming to my house, he is skeptical about that and said Internet sharing is not allowed and Only connection per household as per Reliance policy.

I told him innocently that its not sharing internet, its about Files Sharing and Playing Game on LAN with my friend pc in neighborhood.
Internet is add on, which I got later :p

Once lineman saw that 2 cables were coming to my house, he is skeptical about that and said Internet sharing is not allowed and Only connection per household as per Reliance policy.

Gosh..how can he even have the audacity to ask this. Do you all not feel, that we are made to feel obligated towards this ISP, even if we are paying them the due bills, and investing a HUGE amount of time to procure basic services, which were part of the initial contract.

Does anyone have any contact details of the Rapid Resolution Team of Reliance BB?
Looks like they are total moron and slow moving sloths ... But there is no way to directly interact with them.
You interact with the customer care which is basically the equivalent of parrot who has lernt a few sentences .

Back