Reliance threatening of Legal action for Rs. 2323

and i pay 949.00 per month for evwrything unlimited.. am sticking to reliance cdma for its excellent voice clarity.. though i have ported all my other nos. to other operators, but kept one..

I say take their threats with a pinch of salt. Faced this with Tikiona as well.

They will send the most legal sounding letters to threaten you.

Even if half the people coughed up the amount, their job is done.

So leave it at that and go ahead with your life. And yes, block her number for peace of mind.

I totally forgot about this issue happened with a Senior friend of mine few years ago. I may be missing some of the details but, It's apt to share it here.

My friend an emergency department physician went abroad for 10yrs, he was using a renowned bank credit card which he asked for closing and forgot it. There's no communication from bank for dues for 11yrs.

After which, He was troubled almost daily by third party bill recovery for 1L dues to be paid. His CiBil scores were reduced due to this issue, he couldn't get even 5L car loan because of it. He was very clear that he never used the credit card after going abroad and the outstanding amount was never more than 10k. Inspite of his repeated requests they were not able to provide the proper bill. But kept on harassing him for the payments.

Frustrated with all this, he sued the Bank for harassing him, two courts upheld his petition and was awarded 5L as total compensation from the bank. It was covered in local newspapers. The actual bill was not more than 7k, bank had inflated the bill with yearly fee, dues, interest etc. The bank finally paid for their mistakes.

What more? he bought the car with whole upfront payment, didn't require car loan.

I'm just planning to lay low for some time, problem is the address on the account is my parents, I shifted, but they still stay there, so just seeing how this progresses, have not received any calls recently

Don't pay heed to such threats. My sister also received such calls and so called summons from a similar case with Tata Docomo. She even received a so called " Legal Notice" .
One fine day, I just replied to same number from where she was getting calls/ sms that "If I receive any more call /SMS from this number I'm going to Cyber Crime Cell". This was enough.

These people often take advantage of fact that people are worried about court proceedinga and all. The court summons and legal action don't happen on call/sms or email. At least not in India. Plus summon is at a very later stage, first there has to be a legal notice nicely drafted on a stamp paper sent to you asking you to pay.

that is why, always have a prepaid number which you can always give for taking these kind of connections. I always give my office number to these internet and any other type of services, so that whenever I move, the number is also gone. or else keep a separate prepaid sim for these stuffs. Just a few months back I have left the TIKONA(shifted from Noida to Hyd), then they sent some final bill on email id by delaying in disconnection(btw again this email id for for these stuff only, immediately created a rule to move anything from Tikona to SPAM folder), Cell no was my office no from Noida, so that is also gone. Now I will never here from again. :) simple. If you get calls, block the number immediately, don't listen.

Interesting thing, when I left Hyderabad, I didn't pay last month bill(Beam telecom) and asked them to cut from security, said simply I won't pay, they can do whatever they want. Now when back to Hyderabad, Again took the same connection from them on the same old mobile no, still they never asked for old bill(though the incident was only 6 month old) and happily installed the extra box in the building to give me the connection.

that is why, always have a prepaid number which you can always give for taking these kind of connections. I always give my office number to these internet and any other type of services, so that whenever I move, the number is also gone. or else keep a separate prepaid sim for these stuffs. Just a few months back I have left the TIKONA(shifted from Noida to Hyd), then they sent some final bill on email id by delaying in disconnection(btw again this email id for for these stuff only, immediately created a rule to move anything from Tikona to SPAM folder), Cell no was my office no from Noida, so that is also gone. Now I will never here from again. :) simple. If you get calls, block the number immediately, don't listen.

Interesting thing, when I left Hyderabad, I didn't pay last month bill(Beam telecom) and asked them to cut from security, said simply I won't pay, they can do whatever they want. Now when back to Hyderabad, Again took the same connection from them on the same old mobile no, still they never asked for old bill(though the incident was only 6 month old) and happily installed the extra box in the building to give me the connection.

This goes into my Lessons learnt book!

So after no phone calls, got this email

Date: 19 September 2015 at 14:56
Subject: RELIANCE PAYMENT REMINDER
To: @

GREETING FOR THE DAY!!!!

To,

MR PRASHANT BHANJI BORICHA

Dear Customer,

Kindly refer to the Service Agreement entered into between Reliance Communications Ltd. and yourself for the provision of Reliance service.

In terms of the said agreement, you were required to make payments for the invoices raised for the said service(s) from time to time on due dates as mentioned in the agreement. Invoices for every month have been sent to you.

As on date, you are required to pay for BAN No. 100000108776724 a sum of Rs.2323.12/- as per agreement.

Hence, should you have any queries concerning this matter, please contact us on below mentioned contact number. We look forward to hearing from you to resolve this pending overdue amount at earliest.

PLEASE NOTE: -If already settled or A/c has been closed you are requested to please provide settlement letter or proof of payment.

Thanks & Regards

ALTAF KHAN

020-32346267

Timing: - 9:30am to 1:00pm & 3:00pm to 5.30pm

Last edited:
rofl. Remember my coca cola mail which came from a "@gmail.com"? XD
Let me share about my tikona issue. My old number which i registered with Tikona died long ago. So its impossible to call me now. And other than the "Legalcolls" (yes that was the subject) mail i didn't get any other mail. I'm also not aware of getting any physical mail/legal notice in my old address (my uncle's private flat) else i would've been told long ago. But I still have their equipment haha. Wont be even worth 500 bucks.
But that incident made me think about their lower-tier employees/staff. I dont think that their higher-ups know about any of these because 1. They were the ones at fault. I was innocent. 2. They didn't bother to send me any genuine legal notice from the Tikona HQ.
In the worst case scenario even if i was sued i would've won. I had enough evidences against them.
So now i can personally tell you to not worry about it. Dont let them piss you off. Dont lose your happiness over it. But if you have any other problem in life and want to vent your anger just yell at them and use them as punching bags. It helps. :evil:

Back