Reliance JioLink Indoor WiFi ; Preview offer and Tariff Plans

Spoke to my contact, will be available after a week or two. Let's see. At the moment, I don't see any benefits to this device instead of using a Jio phone + DIR 505 (with ROOTer firmware) except cost.

sms code RD JioLink to 561611
Check attachment

Attachments

• IMG-20160729-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20160729-WA0000.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 421
How come you guys are saying phones are better? I am thinking this JioLink will give better speeds and is actually cheaper than buying the LYF phone for 90 days free offer, no?

For voice, don't you have to use the new number (no MNP available right now, correct?) adding to the hassle?

Btw, as per my understanding.. MiFi devices are wireless only, right?
I plan to suggest this MiFi device to him. Will he be able to go online via desktop with this thing? If not, what procedure can be undertaken to get the desktop internet enabled via this Jio MiFi?
Wireless USB adaptors can be connected to desktop to avail WiFi facility
https://www.amazon.in/Wireless-USB-Adapters/b?ie=UTF8&node=1375441031
http://www.flipkart.com/computers/network-components/wireless-usb-adapters/pr?sid=6bo,70k,85j

Some of the MiFi devices have USB RNDIS support, which gives a Ethernet card. Depends from model to model.

The JioLink device is not portable. Secondly, no free calls. But maybe at the end of the 90 days, it would be on a cheaper plan compared to mobile devices.

At the moment, I don't see any benefits to this device instead of using a Jio phone + DIR 505 (with ROOTer firmware) except cost.

The device has it's own benefit for customers like me who are plagued with extremely poor to nil coverage indoors and even Jio is unable to help due to (non) approvals. This device hopefully can get decent signal and we can get JIO 4G signals inside our home. That will, possibly, enable us to use Jio Join on our JIO sim phone to make and receive voice calls as well.

Last edited:
Is anyone facing network congestion will making/placing outgoing calls? I get very frequent message "All lines in this route are busy" (Same like old BSNL days, don't know about now because it has been years I used BSNL). The call from Jio goes through only after 4 or 5 tries

Call me cynical or burned from the earlier Jio offer but I would take this with a pinch of salt. My understanding is they haven't been able to resolve the indoor coverage issue or rather they dint want to so that they can upsell these products.

To expand on the above point - 1. "Free access to Jio Digital" -- I haven't seen any web versions of the mentioned Play, VOD or magazine services. So non Jio users would need to download it on their phones, connect to this and then watch them. Question would be - Is that worth it?
2. The 3rd "advantage" - Boost your 4G signal. This again, if I am not mistaken can boost signal for Jio LTE only.

Last edited:
anyway to temporarily suspend my Gurgaon airtel landline to try this ? i get 60gb /month on airtel so if i can get like 80gb or more would be great. 2500/3 is just 833 and i pay 1199 to airtel.

Got this response (after couple of weeks) from Jio Care email:

Thank you for your interest in Jio.

I wish to inform you that the Jio Link device is available for Rs. 2500/- installation and 90 days trial period. However, the device is available only on the invitation basis.

Any person who receives this invitation will receive a call from the Jio team post which the connection will be installed after paying the requisite installation charges.

So does anyone know how/where or have any invites that I can get? I also asked via the Jio Care email :D

Last 4 days some issue, always gives error wrong username pwd.
Video used to come only on OR and not Chrome even after addon install.
Same username pwd works fine for app whereas
They have updated the play app & backend
Earlier one jio Hotspot & any number of same jio id were possible
Now only one jio id can be logged in any one time

Back