Reliance Jio Rollout

After 2 weeks I finally got my SIM for Jiofi activated for data. Now I am not getting the OTP SMS from Jio to create my JIO ID. I am on Airtel. Any clues what the solution could be?

Last edited:
Reliance Jio might be extending it’s Free Data services after the Welcome Offer ends on January 1st 2017. Mukesh Ambani, Chairman & Managing Director of Reliance Industries Limited announced the availability of JIO SIM cards to everyone in the country at their Annual General Meeting. It is being reported that the young telecom giant might be extending its free unlimited data, voice and premium apps services access once the current Welcome Offer expires.

http://phoneradar.com/expect-price-drops-reliance-jio-pricing-free-data-january-1st-2017/

They would subsidize the plans. I doubt them continuing plans of unlimited[DOUBLEPOST=1473153142][/DOUBLEPOST]4gb would go to 6gb for preview kind offer.

Last edited:
I've downloaded My Jio app, but dont see any banner to create new code. Any help pls.
i think you should use signup option and enter your jio number as user id and give an email address and create a password.then they will send an otp to verify your alternate mobile number

It looks unlikely.

Here's what people forget about the previous Reliance attempt. The launch offer was - Free phone + Free incoming + Free SMS + STD @ 40p/min
A gross simplification but Free SMS on a nominal packs dint stick, neither did cheap STD rates

Currently, with Jio's IP technology they can afford most of what they promised - Free calling + Free SMS + data charges on video calling. But the problem lies with minimum 150 pack which is nearly at high end of average revenue per customer. While many should be able to afford, rural areas this might prove to be an issue. They do have 19rs pack but the validity is too low, so they might have to push for cheaper plans with maybe not so many freebies. The affect will be that they might end up pushing prices for 150 pack.
Obviously this might not happen as soon as Jan 2017.

I do not get the OTP when I sign up from my mobile phone. I have the Jio sim in my Jiofi device. Only data is enabled. I need to create a Jio ID to access other services on my mobile. Please help. Please see the attached picture.
Screenshot_20160907-112559.png

I do not get the OTP SMS on my Airtel Mobile.

I thought so too. But then I did receive the SMS from JIO informing me that my SIM is ready for tele verification for Data services. They cannot be blocking all the SMSes, right. So far I must have asked for OPT to be sent at least 20 times.

Guys, I was able to generate code for JIO sim on a different phone (not mine). Now, when I visit the reliance store, do I need the phone on which the code was generated?

Can I get the SIM and activate on my phone?

Guys, I was able to generate code for JIO sim on a different phone (not mine). Now, when I visit the reliance store, do I need the phone on which the code was generated?

Can I get the SIM and activate on my phone?
Carry any 4g looking phone. They don't verify the imei.
Right now it's an open offer. So I don't think you need the code even.
You just need to reach the distribution counter.

Back