Reliance Jio Rollout

I used the myjio apk from the link provided in the other forum and activated the unlimited offer on my Redmi note 4g . I must mention here that I activated the initial 2gb and 100 min call offer on my Indian galaxy note 5 . But now I use the Jio SIM in my Redmi note 4g .

Mind sharing some .......
A friend used the sim from day one in a Redmi note 3 and he just gave the serial no and IMEI no of the samsung device to the call center. they activated the 90day free trial post the 2GB was over. It did take a day to activate but this can be done without actually using the sim card in a samsung phone. (But you do need the serial no and imei no of the actual samsung handset valid for this offer)

I went to check a lyf phone in local shop. It got 17/2 mbps but dling app itself took like 2min for 15mb. Didn't feel like checking from another server but will check if I go to an rd.

Also how is the ftth coverage of jio? I hope it can lower act etc and not be something like spectra.

Last edited:
Jio starts offering JioFi 2 hotspot device to HP laptop owners at Rs.2899 with 90-day preview offer

Jio is now offering newly launched second gen MiFi devices called as ‘JioFi 2’ at Rs 2899 to HP customers who can purchase the device from Reliance Digital stores to get early access to Jio network. Like LYF & Samsung preview offer; under ‘HP Preview Offer’, Jio is offering free 4G benefits including unlimited data, calls & SMS for 90 days to HP customers who are purchasing a new MiFi device or JioFi. Although to get the offer benefits, one requires an invite mail.

the company has imported a new improved MiFi device aka JioFi 2nd gen from China. The new MiFi device is manufactured by Rayson Technology & weights 204 gm. JioFi 2 devices sport a built-in battery and can last up to 6 hours on a single charge and takes 3 hours to get fully charged. It works as a WiFi hotspot which can offer 4G speeds to connected devices. Using as a Wi-Fi hot spot, the JioFi also supports making of HD voice and video calls using the Jio Join app. It comes in three colours – blue, black & red.

Compared to earlier launched MiFi devices which were only available to Reliance Employees at an rate of Rs 1999, this new device offers more battery and takes lesser time to get fully charged. Also JioFi 2 can connect more devices than older JioFi models. We’re also expecting Jio to offer the same MiFi device to customers once it announces commercial launch.

How to avail the HP-JIO Preview offer?
1. The HP users will receive a message and an email from HP about the offer. The email or message will contain a unique referral code.

2. Customers will visit the Reliance DX Mini or Reliance Digital stores with the unique referral code to avail the offer.

3. The referral code will be scanned and if the validation is successful, then the JioFi device will be invoiced to them at a retail price of Rs 2,899. In case the validation is not successful, the user will not be given a JioFi device.

4. Customer will need to fill a KYC form and submit an address proof and an identity proof before getting their JioFi device. The customer can apply for either prepaid or postpaid services.

5. The referral code will be used to activate the sim and the JioFi plan.

6. Customer will get a call on their registered number for tele-verification within 7 days of getting the device. Following which the device and offer will get activated.

Postpaid Comparison: Airtel myPlan Infinity vs Jio tentative plans
Airtel:

4G0wFX3.png

Reliance Jio:

XaLDFYv.jpg

My Jio connection has been very spotty over the last few days. Speed test works like a charm, but real world speeds are slowwwww.

Any idea what the issue could be?

So I just got the Samsung offer Sim and I activated it successfully. It asked me to install some apps to get the unlimited preview I even installed then and it said enjoy unlimited preview of jio.

How do i confirm the unlimited preview is active. When I check in my jio website it shows in summary "Enjoy Jio preview offer complementary unlimited access"
In my plans tab it shows 3 plans are active with one of the plans showing 2gb mobile data.

Hence I am confused, is the unlimited preview activated?

So I just got the Samsung offer Sim and I activated it successfully. It asked me to install some apps to get the unlimited preview I even installed then and it said enjoy unlimited preview of jio.

How do i confirm the unlimited preview is active. When I check in my jio website it shows in summary "Enjoy Jio preview offer complementary unlimited access"
In my plans tab it shows 3 plans are active with one of the plans showing 2gb mobile data.

Hence I am confused, is the unlimited preview activated?
On the first page of Myjio if it states complimentary access till XX date then u have unlimited every thing till XX date.

my local refrence just got a call to confrm if he knows me, and he confirmed.. now how much time it will take for that sim to get network ? Any idea?

Back