Reliance Jio Rollout

Update on the whole tower thing. I got another call from Jio support who apparently wanted to close the ticket ASAP. I had to tell them unless I get a confirmation that said tower is there I am not agreeing to them closing the ticket. They still insisted, so had to ask them to increase my free validity beyond 15-Aug.

Now the ticket has been closed and the preview offer shows up valid till 15 Sep
So with the extension of preview offer till November, Jio removed my 1 month extra preview offer. To make matters worse now I am facing frequent call drops and when trying to make calls using the Jio sim in slot1 on Moto G3 it somehow kills the connection on sim#2 too. So it causes both sim1 and sim2 to reset making it difficult to make calls.
I am also surprised by Jio support. Previously the closed the ticket and increased free validity but now they closed the ticket without even giving me a resolution. Tried opening another ticket for dropped calls, they tried calling me 3 times and every time call dropped mid sentence, they close the ticket without resolution.

So with the extension of preview offer till November, Jio removed my 1 month extra preview offer. To make matters worse now I am facing frequent call drops and when trying to make calls using the Jio sim in slot1 on Moto G3 it somehow kills the connection on sim#2 too. So it causes both sim1 and sim2 to reset making it difficult to make calls.
I am also surprised by Jio support. Previously the closed the ticket and increased free validity but now they closed the ticket without even giving me a resolution. Tried opening another ticket for dropped calls, they tried calling me 3 times and every time call dropped mid sentence, they close the ticket without resolution.
Indoor coverage is very bad with jio, which will improve only when LTE Band 5 is operational. I am able to connect using 2300 MHz band from rooftops and indoors I get 1800 MHz band (Despite being <1km from nearest tower) still I have troubles making calls. I am awaiting my repeater so that I can bring down 2300 MHz indoors. you certainly need a booster antenna for your home in order to use jio hassel free.

Indoor coverage is very bad with jio, which will improve only when LTE Band 5 is operational. I am able to connect using 2300 MHz band from rooftops and indoors I get 1800 MHz band (Despite being <1km from nearest tower) still I have troubles making calls. I am awaiting my repeater so that I can bring down 2300 MHz indoors. you certainly need a booster antenna for your home in order to use jio hassel free.
But the problem is not everyone would buy a booster antenna and spend extra money for it. And while I understand that I signed up for a 5.5k beta, I am bummed by their Customer Care response. Telling me firmly that extension was not possible would have been the way to go. Or even having their own support calls being dropped would have been an indication of an issue. But what they do instead? Close the ticket because customer did not respond.

And they release a new update rolling back the November preview offer. They are doing one public gaffe after other. Given the way they are handling themselves, will they be any better than Airtel, other than maybe with faster speeds?

I got an invite, going to buy Wind 4 purely to use it as wifi hotspot.

Guys are torrents (TPB, etc) working without any problem ? I am buying only to complete my AV library in next 3 months.

Please share your opinion.

Thanks.

I got an invite, going to buy Wind 4 purely to use it as wifi hotspot.

Guys are torrents (TPB, etc) working without any problem ? I am buying only to complete my AV library in next 3 months.

Please share your opinion.

Thanks.
Give me one invite too :3

Is there any link where details of the plan / Tariff etc....specially Data Plans rates.

Any Wi-Fi Data Dongle available...similar like Huwai 8231 ?

Back