Reliance introduces 3G Tablet for Rs 12999

Is it compulsory to take 3g plans? Or we can buy it for 12999 only and use it as a wifi device and not take any monthly/yearly 3g plans

I believe that it is bought for 12,999 without any plans. With plans you save more. But this is locked to Reliance only. Since you are wanting to use it as WiFi device, you do not need to worry about the lock. Please correct me if I am wrong, as I am also interested in purchasing this for the price and demo.

aradhakr84 said:
I believe that it is bought for 12,999 without any plans. With plans you save more. But this is locked to Reliance only. Since you are wanting to use it as WiFi device, you do not need to worry about the lock. Please correct me if I am wrong, as I am also interested in purchasing this for the price and demo.

I too think so. I want to use it for wifi only as of now so that should not be a problem.And later if i want to use 3G i have that option too. So all in all pretty good specifications at very reasonable price.

I think galaxy tab 7 inch price has to reduce to around 19-20k since it offers better screen(resolution), proccy, more memory thats it.So it doesnt justify double price 24-25k which its retailing now.

^^ Yes you can buy the tablet only and use it on Wifi. :)

However do note that you get many Wifi only tablets with much better specifications.

Angry birds works fine but Angry birds Rio and Angry birds Seasons lagged quite a bit on the Reliance Tab.

distro said:
^^ most places are not mentioning component specific specs:
Google gave this:
A closer look at Reliance 3G Tab - Latest Mobile Phone & Mobiles Reviews | Features in India

However a detailed search gives this from ZTE
ZTE Launches a 7? Touch Screen 3G Android Tablet PC - ZTE Corporation

Could this be the Reliance's Tablet ? 512 RAM and 512 ROM ?

Most reviews of reliance's tablet mentioning super fast gaming and super fast WiFi internet seem to be pretty biased towards Reliance !!
The model of the cpu will make a lot of difference. If its an ARMv6 overclocked to 800 Mhz then its sort of pointless. it will be pretty slow. but if its an ARMv7 based processor, it should be good VFM.

This tablet is really worth it but there is a better one released by Beetel for 9999 rs and that is said to have 1 ghz snapdragon QSD8250 processor. Only thing is that Beetel tablet has resistive screen.

So my suggestion is to wait for detailed review of both the tablets and then decide. Because Beetel seems to be better in performance than Reliance 3G Tablet.

Its obvious the product will be worth the money hardware way.But reliance tag is for sure they will be discounting it so that they can screw you with their data plans.

Btw zet corp and huawei are the biggest name in china in electronics.So dont expect it to be any other chinese product.

Any idea whether reliance 3g tab can be unlocked to work with other SIMs (BSNL/Idea) ?

Beetel is good for the price but the resistive screen and measly 2200 mAh battery kills the deal.

Back