Reliance introduces 3G Tablet for Rs 12999

Reliance Communications introduces 3G Tablet | Teleguru.in

Reliance Communications has introduced its own tablet. This is for the first time that any 3G operator has introduced its own 3G tablet. It’s a Android 2.3 powered tablet with 7 inch capacitive touch screen , 512 MB RAM ,micro SD external storage upto 32 GB and 2 mega pixel front and rear camera. The device is priced attractively at 13k and further bundled with discounts on the monthly and annual data plans to enhance the value proposition. Reliance 3G Tab has been launched in Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata and will be available in Reliance World and Reliance Mobile stores across the 13 3G circles in the next few days.
almost looks like the Galaxy Tab 7.
Someone plz. check this out, the 20k plus barrier for 3G tabs is breaking !!

No information on which processor this one has! For all we know, it might be just another Chinese tablet from which I would advise everyone to stay away!

Excellent pricing...esp with warranty :)

Reliance 3G FAQs

I hope it's not tied to a 1 year contract (i.e 12,999 + 1 year plan charges)- website mentions monthly plan as well - so I hope I can buy just the device alone for 12,999.

And I'm 200% sure it will be locked to reliance network (so I can't plug in my BSNL SIM) :(

This is from ZTE and not a cheap chinese make :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I know ZTE is also a chinese company, but not cheap one atleast..
urssriks said:
This is from ZTE and not a cheap chinese make :)

ZTE has quite a repution for making decent low price OEM stuffs.
For this price the 800MHz proc is good enough and its probably the same as the MSM7227 turbo+Adreno 200 SoC of Galaxy Ace.
The inclusion of 3G radio and RCom brand makes it quite a deal.

Hey guys its a ZTE V9c tablet. Specs are decent for the price - Android 2.3, 512 MB ram, 4 GB micro SD card bundled, 7" capacitive, GPS, Wifi (only b/g though no N), camera is crap but I don't think too many people use the camera on a tablet. :p

And it can be bought without plan but its locked to the Reliance network.

Freaky said:
Good to hear all that from the horse's mouth :D

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Hmph ! :no:

Ill have you know I was the one that demoed the tablet to the press. Hardly anyone in my dept knew anything about Android. :p

^^ Nope, the ZTE V9c is not available in India as of now except through Reliance.

Of course you do get a plethora of other Chinese branded tablets but do note that there is zero support whatsoever for them in India. You will have to spend on shipping it back to China.

Also please share with us these 7k - 8k tablets that are available on ebay India that support 3G connectivity as well. It will be a lot of help to everyone here since 3G built in tablets are a bit expensive. :)

its better than other cheap chinese tablets. But only concern is processor. It would have better if it had 1ghz processor. ZTE V9C has resistive screen i think but this one has capacitive.

Back