Reliable preowned vendors for homelab hardware

We should always judge an e-commerce store based on how they handle their mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, if the customer support is non-existent or just plain bad, I would not risk my money.

The guy posting about the bad cable seems to have joined on that day and never logged back in, posting those reviews about the site is the only 2 posts he ever did.
Suspicious

I found Xfurbish to be very costly, and never bought anything from them, as always found it much cheaper in the local market.
e.g., the Dell Optiplex PC @avinandan012 bought can be purchased in the market for less than 9k.
Another example would be this Network card:
https://www.xfurbish.com/broadcom-5719-quad-port-pci-express-network-card-adapter-hy7rm-92in2vfkkm-Refurbished?search=quad port NIC&description=true
They list this @ Rs. 25000/- whereas I was selling this same card at @5000/- I bought it for a few hundred less.
Yeah sometimes similar cards(same controller) I have seen one listed above 20K+ and the other @4K.
That optiplex is from Hyderabad may be that's the price diff.

Please avoid Xrubbish if you value your hard earned money. If you really want to donate there are better causes out there even with IT exemption.
My personal experience with their customer care has been pathetic to say the least. I requested them for pictures and technical specs of an actual product (RAID Card) from a listing. They provided correct specs for the listed product but the pics were of an entirely different product. Sorry but I would not touch them with a 10 foot pole.
I have read horror stories about them in this forum and elsewhere about the delivered product being completely different from the listing and unusable.

I have purchased for quite a few servers/cards from them. I say good enough prices.
I wouldn't recommend buying anything released before 2011/12 cause the idle power consumption is too high. I mainly buy these for the chassis and accessories and replace the internals with 2 or 3 gen old consumer parts.
Now-a-days using those DELL/HP/Lenovo micro pcs mostly.
Few days back got a DELL optiplex 3050 from local market with 6th gen i5 16GB RAM 1 TB SSD + PSU for ~₹12000
Thanks for this information! Could I ask which local market you found the OptiPlex in?

Please avoid Xrubbish if you value your hard earned money. If you really want to donate there are better causes out there even with IT exemption.
My personal experience with their customer care has been pathetic to say the least. I requested them for pictures and technical specs of an actual product (RAID Card) from a listing. They provided correct specs for the listed product but the pics were of an entirely different product. Sorry but I would not touch them with a 10 foot pole.
I have read horror stories about them in this forum and elsewhere about the delivered product being completely different from the listing and unusable.
Thanks for the context on the site. It's quite hard to tell with sites when you don't have a community like this one to crowdsource reviews!

Are there any secondhand ecommerce sites in India that are reliable?

We should always judge an e-commerce store based on how they handle their mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, if the customer support is non-existent or just plain bad, I would not risk my money.
Definitely a useful standard for such things. You've previously recommended a user on here, but I was wondering if you've been able to find an ecommerce site with reliable aftersale support?

I bought a xeon cpu from a guy in delhi....he is also a used server hardware vendor.....will check nd share his number....he's got a website also but dealt with him directly...got his number from FB and just chatted with him and went and picked it up from the shop.
Guy's name is pawan and this his number- +91 9873073337.
Below is the shop detail,
*Dear Customer*
*Welcome to Riverstone Solutions India...*
*You can visit our Store at:*
*RIVERSTONE SOLUTIONS INDIA*
*ADDRESS: G-15 B, 1ST FLOOR, MAIN ROAD, KALKAJI, NEW DELHI 110019*
*Tel: 011 4912 1001 & 0114912 1002*
*Nearest Metro Station: Nehru Enclave Gate No 4*
*For Google Location:*

Last edited:
*RIVERSTONE SOLUTIONS INDIA*
*ADDRESS: G-15 B, 1ST FLOOR, MAIN ROAD, KALKAJI, NEW DELHI 110019*
*Tel: 011 4912 1001 & 0114912 1002*
*Nearest Metro Station: Nehru Enclave Gate No 4*
*For Google Location:*
Second this vendor. I've purchased a refurbed workstation from them back in the ebay.in days. It was a smooth, trouble free txn. The workstation is still going strong after all these years though I no longer have it with me.

Used Dell 2U Rack Server available at Throw away Price only

Processor x 2
Xeon E5 -2670V3 2.30 Ghz
12 Core & 24 Threads X 2

Ram - 128Gb Ram
( Max 768Gb )

480Gb x 2 ssd
4Tb Dell Enterprise Hdd x 1

10G Dual SFP+ And Ethernet Port card

Hardware Raid Controller Inbuilt

Dual Power Supply

90 day warranty by us
( 1 Year Warranty optional )

Market other vendor Approx Price @ 110000+ Gst

OUR Throw Away Price For Today @ 55000 + Gst only

Additional 32Gb Ram @ 3000+ Gst extra
Additional 4Tb Enterprise hdd @ 3000+ Gst extra

Thin PC - Lalit - +919664480001 - direct vendor

Will be going there to see the server. Apparently has 12 3.5 SATA slots or something. will share pictures. Might be picking up 2

Thin PC - Lalit - +919664480001 - direct vendor

This was one of my favorite sellers on eBay India, I got so much cool stuff from him (pico PSU clones, sata disk on chip modules, mini-itx enclosures) that I still have in use today.

That optiplex is from Hyderabad may be that's the price diff.

OLX sellers have good prices for Optiplex barebones, I bought a few from “Best Buy Laptop” in Attapur.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I am offered a Hpe dl 380 gen9 with Intel e5 2696 v4, 32gb ram for ~60k. Anyone know if this is a decent deal?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I am offered a Hpe dl 380 gen9 with Intel e5 2696 v4, 32gb ram for ~60k. Anyone know if this is a decent deal?
For reference:

It depends on your usage & budget whether it is worth it.

For reference:

It depends on your usage & budget whether it is worth it.
I'm planning to run a bunch of stuff on k8s on this. So I'll definitely utilize the CPUs and may need more RAM. As for the budget, I was thinking more around 50k.
I just wanted to ask around to make sure I'm not being ripped off lol

I'm planning to run a bunch of stuff on k8s on this. So I'll definitely utilize the CPUs and may need more RAM. As for the budget, I was thinking more around 50k.
I just wanted to ask around to make sure I'm not being ripped off lol
There aren't many reliable sources of used enterprise hardware in India so one can only guess based on prices abroad on sites like ebay.com or maybe ask in relevant reddit subs. Add ~18-20% to US prices for Indian price estimates. This is just my logic but the idea is that you definitely need to pay some premium for used enterprise hardware in India as the original new hardware itself sells for around 20-30% more than US prices I think.

Back