PC Peripherals Reliable mouse

Try out g402 for around 2k, a lot of people i know have been using it for approx 5yr. yesterday i saw someone post their 6yr old g402 in r/ig.
Do check if they have ****ed with it in the recent years though.
mine has seen atleast 3k hours of csgo+ 1-2k (daily usage)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-18 192400.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-18 192400.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 44
Just made a video for you, in dark as well as in light.. The blue or orange tinge are from the monitor screen and cpu cooler through transparent side panel of the cabinet.
20231218_154105.mp4 - 51.7 MB

The mouse has no light, no switch, it goes to sleep after may be 2 min of inactivity and once you click it, it comes back to life..

I didnt know where to upload the video, had to search a lot to upload to this host.. Hope you are able to download
unable to download video, it show link to upload video.. anyway thanks for help.. no need to upload video I can trust your words .. thanks for

So my logitech G402 just died. Does not power on.
dmesg on linux shows that mouse gets recognized and then disconnects immediately. Tried on desktop and laptop, damn thing is dead. Lasted 2.5 years.

Same shit happened last time. Before that i have faced switch issue but this sudden death only with g402 - 2nd time in a row. MX518 had lasted 6-7 years ...

Anyone have any idea why this happens? Anyway to fix this?
Don't like adding e-waste but i really really like this mouse too and my hand is just very comfortable with its size/weight and its extra button placement.

dmesg on linux shows that mouse gets recognized and then disconnects immediately. Tried on desktop and laptop, damn thing is dead. Lasted 2.5 years.

Same shit happened last time. Before that i have faced switch issue but this sudden death only with g402 - 2nd time in a row. MX518 had lasted 6-7 years ...

Don't like adding e-waste but i really really like this mouse too and my hand is just very comfortable with its size/weight and its extra button placement.
try disassembling and checking if wires are broken/loose.
in the past i have soldered the wires after cutting a small amount, but that was in a 150rs local mouse.

Not a common issue like the double click issue AFAIK.

My friend's Glorious model O died similarly after 2 years or so. It is likely a case of planned obsolescence which is hurting the quality of all products these days. This is a major reason why I don't want to spend 5k+ on accessories like KB or mouse. My KB did in fact cost 5.5k, but has been working fine for 2.5 years+, sadly a new 100% KB will cost 9k.

I'm too skeptical of Logitech to spend 5000 on a mouse.
the trick is to not spend more than 2k in any mouse. best is to get ~500/- microsoft/HP optical mouse.
out of all the brands i have used logitech only lasts long, (stil regularly using 402, purchased in 2016/17).
Don't know about the quality of present day though, in general quality has declined massively. across brands.

Since you don't have any preference for cheap or expensive, I would suggest you the Logitech M90 Wired USB Mouse.
According to my personal anecdotal experience, I've had 2 of them and they still work without any issues. The older one is from 2018 and 2020 for the newer one.
Only for the past year or so have kept them in the shelf after upgrading to a more work focused mouse.

try disassembling and checking if wires are broken/loose.
in the past i have soldered the wires after cutting a small amount, but that was in a 150rs local mouse.
Thing is, it does connect to the desktop, linux recognizes it there are some logs around it with mouse name too. And then it disconnects.
Its consistent and not intermittent. Perhaps could be some circuit board issue. I am no expert with these things, long ago i had an issue with MX518 with the cables and had to open it up and fix it following some guide and then it lasted few more years. That was a great mouse.

I will buy another soon and then try to fix this one if possible if a guide is available for this issue. Could be use for backup then.

Not a common issue like the double click issue AFAIK.
Yeah, that's what i thought last time and now it has happened again. Logitech support is great, so you are covered for 2 years. Last time, i actually had another cheaper mouse die and they replaced it with G402 which then lasted 2-3 years and died just like this one.

the trick is to not spend more than 2k in any mouse. best is to get ~500/- microsoft/HP optical mouse.
Yeah, not practical for me though as i use a lot, just wished this /similar mouse would last better.
Switches we can try to replace, but no idea on what to do with a dead mouse.

G502 has same 2 year warranty so i don't consider it + its heavier. But cant go below g402. Currently using G102, my backup mouse. But just does not feel as comfortable.

Whichever mouse you like, check if it has optical switches. If it doesn't, look for another one.

I got myself Cooler Master MM720 and I liked it so much I bought an extra, just in case.

This is basically what happened, except that it wasn't working from the start of day and was fine yesterday night. I had unplugged it recently while cleaning up desktop, maybe that somehow triggered it.

No idea if this could be usb wire issue, perhaps not powering the device or motherboard issue. Few hours back i would get some hint that the mouse was there looking at os logs, but now even that's stopped.
Will order new from amazon but maybe will also try to see if there is any guide available to fix this. Not finding any so far.

My KB did in fact cost 5.5k, but has been working fine for 2.5 years+, sadly a new 100% KB will cost 9k.
It has its quirks, but i am using Redgear Invador Mk881 since late 2019 with brown switches and am happy with it. Has helped reduce strain on fingers. Had bought it for 2.5k then with discounts, is now 3k.

Last edited:
Back