Regarding Virtual Memory ...

intruder

Disciple
Friends I have a doubt regarding setting of the page file size as part of the virtual memory considerations.I'm using Windows Server 2003 OS and 384 MB DDR memory.

Can anyone just suggest the min: and max: values of page file size that I should provide?Currently I have allocated 256-384 MB on a relatively empty drive, so that the total paging size for all the drives account to 256 MB.

Also to mention, I have a primary partition( C ) and extended partition containing two logical drives( D & E ) of which I have set paging file size for D.

Waiting for ur reps.
intruder

ok intruder, here's the general rule of thumb, your paging file(virtual memory)
should be around 1.5 times of your physical memory, in your case it should be around 600 mb.

if free space is not limitation for you then keep both max & min constant 600 mb. also i hope your d: is mainly used for archiving :)

also if you want, you can split the chunks into 2*300mb on d:, e: respctvly, but i think a single chunk of 600mb would do just fine.

p.s. why are u against windows handling the paging file :(

And if u have a PATA hard disk its better to have the page file in C drive as it wud be faster than other drivers which might be at the end of the disk....

Back