Budget 21-30k Refurbished ThinkPad X390 (or T480)

how is the thinkpad x1 carbon gen 6?
I am thinking of getting it as it is very lightweight and still fast enough for my needs (college).

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
I5 8th Gen. / 16Gb Ram / 256GB SSD
With Adapter
Price: ₹26000/-
this is the exact message he sent me. Considering the specs it should be a gen 6 or gen 7. He does seem like a vendor tbh although the pics were looking like they were clicked in a house(?).

this is the exact message he sent me. Considering the specs it should be a gen 6 or gen 7. He does seem like a vendor tbh although the pics were looking like they were clicked in a house(?).
Solid choice for the price if you ask me, especially with 16GB RAM. Soldered RAM is not so nice but in a laptop so light it feel it's worth the trade-off, ditto with the ethernet port. I don't think you can go wrong with the laptop itself, just make sure the seller is up to scratch

Solid choice for the price if you ask me, especially with 16GB RAM. Soldered RAM is not so nice but in a laptop so light it feel it's worth the trade-off, ditto with the ethernet port. I don't think you can go wrong with the laptop itself, just make sure the seller is up to scratch
Yes my thoughts exactly.
Will be visiting the shop tomorrow and check the condition physically.
As I only need it for college, it only needs to be fast and light and be able to handle a shitload of browser tabs and spotify.

You can't go wrong with this X1C6. I've the same version with i7 config. Sturdy build, one of the best keyboard, lightweight. It can handle 15-20 tab easily.

You can't go wrong with this X1C6. I've the same version with i7 config. Sturdy build, one of the best keyboard, lightweight. It can handle 15-20 tab easily.
Is it still snappy? Well I will be using linux anyway so i doubt that will be an issue. The build quality and the weight being the main reasons I am looking at this laptop.

We need to have a dealer in TE for the used laptops who can give reliable used laptop with good VFM. We have dealers in this group already doing good service in the areas of software licenses, openbox items and so on. This is another area for a dealer to pitch in.

Isn't this config came with one RAM soldered and only one slot available for expansion?
Most (if not all) modern X and X1 series have soldered RAM, that's pretty much the only way they could make such thin laptops. I looked at the X1C 6th and 7th Gens, the X280, and the X390, and all of them have fully soldered RAM. It used to be the case that the slim models would get one free slot and non-s would get two, but they started soldering one RAM even on the non-s models (like the T14 Gen 4 and my E14 Gen 5). The upcoming models are remedying this though
We need to have a dealer in TE for the used laptops who can give reliable used laptop with good VFM. We have dealers in this group already doing good service in the areas of software licenses, openbox items and so on. This is another area for a dealer to pitch in.
Or at least some kind of database/list with good reputable sellers

I would recommend touch screen only if you really need it. Touchscreen displays are tn panels and non touchscreens are generally ips. You should checkout a video on youtube atleast before choosing one of these displays. IPS panel looks miles better than a tn panel from different viewing angles and in general too.
Strongly recommend getting a thinkpad with an ips panel.

I would recommend touch screen only if you really need it. Touchscreen displays are tn panels and non touchscreens are generally ips. You should checkout a video on youtube atleast before choosing one of these displays. IPS panel looks miles better than a tn panel from different viewing angles and in general too.
Strongly recommend getting a thinkpad with an ips panel.
This is incorrect. Maybe on a few models but I believe most of the modern thinkpads (my t480s atleast) is IPS touchscreen, there is no TN touchscreen. I mean practically there isn't that much day to day use for the touch but I have used it for presentations before.

He was quoting 17.5k but also he has t480 for 18k . I might go for t480...
i5 8th gen, 16gb Ram,256 Nvme , with Touch
Price - 18k
that's very good for the price but if you can find a t480s, go for that. The lighter weight is such a relief.

Back