reduce fat from body ?

terminater said:
is SAUNA SLIM BELT helpful in reducing xtra fat from hips , back etc??? if not which belt 2 use??
Don't believe these products...go to gym...or cheaper option do brisk walking for atleast an hour everyday..:eek:hyeah:

well these products are waste of money....diet and cardio are the only thing u doing and worring.....here diet doesnot mean undereating it means eating clean.......clean means healthy food...........

btw:- .:there is no such thing as spot reduction; it is a myth!:.

is SAUNA SLIM BELT helpful in reducing xtra fat from hips , back etc??? if not which belt 2 use??

There are no shortcuts for loosing weight. If you dont like gym, you can try learning swimming its lot of fun too.

+1 for swimmimg....

a swim after office is the best relaxation ever....

on a side note quickest way to get thin is

Jaundice :bleh:

Proper diet + cardio , thats what took me to reduce 6Kg in the past two months, still working out to reduce further. Took an annual package in Gym, so arnd 10 months left now :p

+1 for Diet+WeightTraining+Cardio. But i would also like to add REST. it is also the most important part. cause unless u get enough rest , muscles wont develop and also will eventually cause fatigue.

There is talk of staying fit everywhere I go. Even TE. I thought most of you guys are mouse potatoes. Perhaps the time has finally come for me to join a gym, and live the typical IT employee lifestyle. Next up: salsa classes.

+1 for swimming though. Loads of fun.

I have lost 20lbs in the last 6-8 months, and have regained my 6 pack abs... how did I do this you may ask..... no secret formula ;) just CONSISTENT exercise (I put consistent in caps because it is the most important thing you can remember) and watching what I eat... if you are looking for a quick fix it will never work, you need to change your habits for life. Consistent means that you don't work out for 3 months and then stop... set yourself realistic goals and stick to them for the long term.

Another good thing to help you lose weight is to quit eating anything made of flour and all added sugar (added sugar... because natural sugars like fruit sugars are ok in moderation) Flour is refined, processed empty calories and the same with sugar. You can cut your daily calorie count tremendously by cutting these 2 things out of your diet.

This does not mean you have to cut out carbs... carbs are good, especially whole grains. Eat larger breakfasts, and lunches... snack during the day on healthy foods and have smaller dinners (not having large dinners late at night will really help)

Cardiovascular exercise is your goal...

I hate running, but I am now up to 5 miles per run, it was really easy too...

This is what a trainer taught my wife and I(btw she lost about 20lbs too) If running sounds hard and daunting, start off easy. Run for 2 mins and walk for 1 min and slowly add to the running and take off from the walking and you will see that you can build it up in no time.

Anyway forget the belt it's not going to help you change your habits to healthier ones and that is most important.

Good luck :D

BTW I just turned 44, so if I can do it at my age... so can you

If you want to lose weight, there is a 3-step program (formulated by me) that will, if adhered to strictly, give 100% results!!! I'm not joking, this actually works! You'll just have to trust me on this, because only my awesome brain could have come up with an idea so ingenious that my head would explode if I even began to think about it!

So here's how it works:

STEP 1: Eat less.

STEP 2: Move more.

STEP 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2.

Simple, isn't it? :p

nukeu666 said:
the belts will only dehydrate that part of the body...all the fat still remains

go do some exercise

exactly.

Those belts just cause temporary dehydration of ur body and people perceive the water loss as weight loss. However, the day you stop and drink proper water (and you SHOULD take water in good amounts, dehydration is NEVER good, even for weight loss), the weight will be immediately back on :p

the so called 100% exercise and following it religiously wont help some people.for eg: excessive obesity more than 100kgs considering the height(<5.7). for that ,you need liposuction.

many people cant run or even walk long distance esp obese men and women from middle ages upwards.same goes with asthma patients,heart patients etcetera .

this is one solution I can think.:) but it costs anywhere from Rs25000 to lakhs.medical tourism in kerala and all are much linked with liposuction services which are much cheaper in India.

praka123 said:
the so called 100% exercise and following it religiously wont help some people.for eg: excessive obesity more than 100kgs considering the height(<5.7). for that ,you need liposuction.

many people cant run or even walk long distance esp obese men and women from middle ages upwards.same goes with asthma patients,heart patients etcetera .

this is one solution I can think.:) but it costs anywhere from Rs25000 to lakhs.medical tourism in kerala and all are much linked with liposuction services which are much cheaper in India.

You have got to be joking... liposuction!! You have to change your eating habits and your exercise habits or you'll just end up putting the weight back on again. I have a female friend who did just that, she spent a fortune on "fixing" her overweight problem... within 8 months she had put most of it back on again because she did not change the bad habits that caused her to put the weight on in the first place..... She was wasn't obese, but definitely a little overweight.

OMG did you read the first page of the wiki that you so nicely gave us a link to... 4th line :huh: :huh:

"Liposuction is not a low-effort alternative to exercise and diet. It is a form of body contouring with significant attendant risks[1] and is not a weight loss method. The amount of fat removed varies by doctor, method, and patient, but is typically less than 10 pounds (5 kg)."

Liposuction is only for the vain trying to remove stubborn love handles or maybe up to 10lbs, not for people that are a little more than average weight. Larger overweight people can still exercise... they just have to start with less and build up more slowly. The key is to change bad eating and exercise habits. If it's Thyroid related there are many medications that can help with this, my wife takes thyroid medication it runs in her family and it's a very common medical problem and it's easy to fix with the properly prescribed medication. Liposuction can be extremely invasive and traumatizing to the body in that kind of larger scale use and is likely to be somewhat dangerous.

Along with this...

I suppose you would also recommend plastic surgery to remove all the extra skin...... OMFG !!! .... you should really check your facts before making these type of comments .... it could potentially be dangerous to someone that actually listened to you.....

Anyway I don't remember anyone saying they were obese... just a little weight loss was wanted.... :bleh:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People just don't gain weight because of eating a lot :p. Another common reason is thyroid! Best if you get a thyroid test as well.

As mentioned in my little tirade above :p you can actually take thyroid medication these days and it is easy and common... my wife takes thyroid meds and certainly does not have an obesity problem... in fact as I mentioned ... she lost 20 lbs by exercising and changing her eating habits... she looks great !!!

The bottom line ...people...... is that there is NO magic cure... only changing the bad habits at the root of the problem will allow you to change your health and become more healthy and losing weight will be a by product of being healthy.

Back