Android Redmi to Redmi phone all data transfer

The easiest method to transfer data from your Redmi 5 to your Redmi 12 is by using Xiaomi's built-in "Mi Mover" app. Mi Mover is designed specifically for Xiaomi devices and offers a straightforward way to transfer various types of data. Here's how to do it:
  1. On your Redmi 5:a. Make sure both devices are charged or connected to power sources. b. Ensure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
  2. On both your Redmi 5 and Redmi 12A. Open the "Mi Mover" app. If it's not pre-installed, you can download it from the Google Play Store.
  3. On your Redmi 5:a. Select "Send."b. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up a connection method. You can choose between "Wi-Fi hotspot" and "QR code."
  4. On your Redmi 12:a. Select "Receive."b. Use the same connection method chosen on your Redmi 5.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions on both devices to connect them using the chosen method (either Wi-Fi hotspot or QR code).
  6. Once connected, you can select the types of data you want to transfer (contacts, messages, apps, photos, videos, etc.).
  7. Start the transfer, and Mi Mover will begin transferring your selected data from your Redmi 5 to your Redmi 12.
I hope that this will work for you.

The easiest method to transfer data from your Redmi 5 to your Redmi 12 is by using Xiaomi's built-in "Mi Mover" app. Mi Mover is designed specifically for Xiaomi devices and offers a straightforward way to transfer various types of data. Here's how to do it:
  1. On your Redmi 5:a. Make sure both devices are charged or connected to power sources. b. Ensure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
  2. On both your Redmi 5 and Redmi 12A. Open the "Mi Mover" app. If it's not pre-installed, you can download it from the Google Play Store.
  3. On your Redmi 5:a. Select "Send."b. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up a connection method. You can choose between "Wi-Fi hotspot" and "QR code."
  4. On your Redmi 12:a. Select "Receive."b. Use the same connection method chosen on your Redmi 5.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions on both devices to connect them using the chosen method (either Wi-Fi hotspot or QR code).
  6. Once connected, you can select the types of data you want to transfer (contacts, messages, apps, photos, videos, etc.).
  7. Start the transfer, and Mi Mover will begin transferring your selected data from your Redmi 5 to your Redmi 12.
I hope that this will work for you.
The Mi Mover shows setting app crashed every time I insert the phone lock passcode and the settings also crashes when I tried to open password and security menu in settings.

Will the Mi mover clone my phone same as previous phone like the iTunes backup does in iPhones
Will it move the call recordings to the recorder app

Last edited:
Better not to move/copy data automatically.. Do it manually, using Redmi for 3+ years and this never worked.
There is a chance of successful copy/move only if both handsets are same config/model.

Back