Rediff.com's BOL(Alpha) Reviewd

M

MysticYogi

Ok ! Here I am back to review the all new Rediff.com's BOL - The New Instant Messaging Client, which is still in Alpha stage.

What is an alpha version?

An alpha version is an early version of a software product released for testing. It may not have all of the features planned for the final version.

Rediff.com just laucnhed, so that the public could test the application. Firt of all to see the full details and download this application, you can visit the link given below, which has outlined the details and download link !

Complete Info & Download :

rediffbolalpha1eq.png

Check This Link : http://www.go4i.net/article377.html ( Download * Features)

Now talking about the features, I must say its a replica of Yahoo! and MSN in some ways. Infact MSN was a Replica and Yahoo! took some features from MSN. So its all a game.

But Rediff.com's BOL promises us to give some more addtional features.

The Main features Being :

- Say Hello
- Fun Avatars
- Send SMS
- Instant Messages
- Chatroom

Above are outline features of Rediff.com's BOL Instant Messanging System. Though Rediff.com's old messenger did not prove to be the best among other IM's. This new alpha version, will sure make a big hit among the Indian Community Specially, coz free SMS to most of the mobile operators !

You can send 3 Consecutive SMS to Particular mobile number until you receive a reply and upto 10 SMS totally

SMS Sending was really fast when compared to other services, a sms to a mobile (my mobile) took exaclt 3 seconds to recive the message

Rediff BOL supports the following GSM operators -

Airtel -
Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Mahrashtra & Goa, Mumbai, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Gujarat

BSNL -
Uttar Pradesh(W), Uttar Pradesh(W), Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, J&K, Maharashtra, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Bihar, Andaman Nicobar, Kolkata, West Bengal, Assam, North East, Orissa, Andra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Chennai, Kerala, Karnataka

Escotel -
Mumbai, Maharashtra, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Kerala

Hutch -
Delhi, Haryana, Mumbai (Orange), Gujarat, rajasthan, Kolkata, Uttar Pradesh(E), Uttar Pradesh(W), West Bengal, Chennai, Andra Pradesh, Karnataka, Punjab

Idea -
Maharashtra, Goa

MTNL -
Mumbai

Reliance (GSM) -
Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Bihar, Orissa, North East, Assam

Spice -
Karnataka

As you can see it supports alomost every mobile operators of the country. And I must say this features rocks a hell :cool2: ! So this features really does help Indian community a lot.

Next coming to Avatar's Facility. Exact replica of "Yahoo!" avatar. Rediff.com has opened a exclusive website for Avatar's that can be used in its IM ( a feature similar to yahoo).

Rediff.com's Avatar Site : http://avatars.rediff.com/avatars/index.asp

The site looks really neat and professional, and there are three ways of choosing avatars,

+ Customize you own avatar
+ Select from their Gallery
+ Upload your own image.

var7ur.png

Though Yahoo allows the same (but through their application only). Rediff.com allows ppl to do everything and store the setting in their Avatar Site. And this features is really cool.

In simple, Rediff.com's BOL inherits features from both MSN and Yahoo!, and extra advantage is that, I have seen no ads in Rediff.com's BOL :S . May be they would have forgot to add them, but in their final release, this will be implemented. :rofl:

You can check some additional screenshots that I took whike working with Rediff.com's BOL. The skinning feaures is also good, you have option of 3 skinning to take control of. And GUI is imply good.

All said and done, Now you have to download and see some cool features they do have provided and post your comments back here.

Download & More Features : http://www.go4i.net/article377.html ( Download * Features)

Addtional Screenies Added Today (17.1.2005)

File Transfer :
filetrasfer6jr.png

Up's : SMS, Skinning, Avtars and GUI
Down's : Connection Error ! :|

Its really worth for indian's specially ! :clap: Do check the attachments. I have also attached a Avtar tht I designed(customised) through their avatar site.

I will be providing more screenshots if possible. But this messenger is now allowing me, says "Unable to Connect to Network". We have to wait coz there always bugs in Alpha or Beta versions. :)

Lets wait for it anways ;)

additional screenshots added today ! probably the coonection problem have been fixed ! :lol:

Back