Recommended Car Driving Schools in Bangalore?

Otaku

Adept
Hi folks,

I want to get my Car DL prepared and have got around 7-8 weeks to get it done. As I understand, I will first have to get LL, wait for at least a month and then get permanent DL. I am complete noob in driving cars. Therefore request you recommend good driving schools (and their fees) in and around CV Raman Nagar and Indiranagar.

Many thanks!

Thanks,
O

Driving class fees are about 250 to 300 bucks per class(hour). Depends on the car you choose.

License extra.

Maruti has some professional schools. Otherwise its a hit and a miss with the others.

I would recommend get a learner's license.
Get hold of someone with a permanent/proper driver's license and hopefully knows how to drive, doesn't panic and not short tempered.
Learn to drive from that someone.
Don't forget to buy some red tape and put 'L's in front and back.

God knows how the people at driving school tune their cars because I was pushing the accelerator so hard (the pedal got bent a bit) but it would barely reach 20kmph. Thinking this is the amount of force required to drive a car I did it in our car front of my father only to get a hard slap on the back of my head (This is why you should have a cool headed person next to you when you are learning) <- True Story

prabs said:
Thinking this is the amount of force required to drive a car I did it in our car front of my father only to get a hard slap on the back of my head
LOL.. Deja vu, because I went through something similar :)

From experience:

Go for a learning license only though a driving school as the procedure is different from an individual person and driving school.

Driving school will give you a certificate for RTO and the remaining formalities are minimal in RTO where as individuals will have to take a written test ( based on the RTO location). Once you get the LL though a driving school, after certain duration, you can get the test done in driving school's vehicle and they will handle all the formalities. It is pretty straight forward !

If you get yourself an LL, then you need go in your personal vehicle for test with all certificates and submit a copy. The administration becomes much more difficult and it is difficult to get a broker for personal LL. Altogether, you will end up in wasting your time significantly. And most of the driving schools are crooked and it is very difficult to find a reliable one. I went through a personal LL + DL process and realized that I made a big mistake.

If I had to go again, I will go through Maruti.

I would say get your DL and other formalties completed through a driving school but also consider paying a driver to come in the mornings for an hour for a month and drive around till you are comfortable

Considering the cost of the maruti driving schools, I think thats why you might have given it a skip. PLus they make you sit in those simulators with 3 screens running something that looks like roadrash, only it has rickshaws and pretty much every car on the road is a maruti car.

Off topic:
I had got a LL some two years back. But I never applied for DL , and the time frame of 6 months for test has expired long back. I could never afford a vehicle, till now.
So should I get a new LL or renew the old LL.
I heard that if you don't give the test in that 6months time, than you can't get a DL for 5 years. I hope that is not true :(

Otaku said:
Joined a local driving school. Going tomorrow for LL.

Getting driving license in Bangalore is 1500/- rupees affair compared to $800 in NZ :p.

eggman said:
Off topic:

I had got a LL some two years back. But I never applied for DL , and the time frame of 6 months for test has expired long back. I could never afford a vehicle, till now.

I heard that if you don't give the test in that 6months time, than you can't get a DL for 5 years. I hope that is not true :(

Now where did u get that info?. There is no rule or regulation like what what u said in Bangalore atleast. Just go to RTO office tell themir LL is expired they will ask u to apple for a new one as they get more money doing so and a month later get ur DL.

eggman said:
Off topic:

Not true: Obtain Driving Licence - How do I: National Portal of India

eggman said:
Thaks :) But it doesn't say anything if you dont obtain license within 180 days. :(

I met a similar case today at Indiranagar RTO and he was applying for LL for the third time. So you shoukd be fine. :)

BTW, I applied for LL today with the help of Driving School person. Was a relatively smooth process....hope to get a DL in a month's time.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Metalspree said:
Getting driving license in Bangalore is 1500/- rupees affair compared to $800 in NZ :p.

Exactly the reason! :D

Maruti driving school charges around 6300 for a Maruti Swift Course with Driving License. But local schools charge something around 3500 for the same.

I am joining in locally as well in a few days. Also, no jhanjhat for license. :)

^ Same reason, I joined a local school. It was nearer and they are charging Rs.3700/- which includes driving lessons on different cars and assistance (guarantee? :p) with obtaining license.

Today was first lesson, and I enjoyed it.

So the classes are over and I will go for permanent DL test in a day or two. Wish me luck!
<

Back