mayank0623

Disciple
I'm looking to get a pair of wireless earbuds within 1.5-2k to use when I go to the gym. Accordingly, the most important features to me are a long battery life, snug fit so they don't fall out or start irritating the ear after too long, and slight water proofing/resistance in case I sweat too much(which honestly I don't). Not too concerned with sound quality, in fact I bought a Rs.900 pair of pTrons 2 years ago that were fine for me, just so you know how much I can actually judge the sound. Been looking on reddit and Youtube for recommendations so far. These are what I've gotten(in no particular order):

1) realme Buds Q2 Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) in-Ear TWS Earphones:

2) realme Buds Air 2

3) Redmi Earbuds 3 Pro

4) Mi TWS 2C Bluetooth Headset

5) Edifier X3 Truly Wireless Bluetooth In Ear Earbuds with Mic

6) Edifier X3 to U Series Truly Wireless Bluetooth In Ear Earbuds with Mic

7) Soundcore by Anker Life Note True Wireless Bluetooth Headset

8) boAt Airdopes 411 True Wireless Earbuds

9) BOAT Airdopes 441 Pro - Bluetooth Wireless Earbuds

10) Boult Audio AirBass PowerBuds TWS Earbuds

I realise some of these are out of the 2k range I specified, and some are unavailable currently, but apparently during sale they go below 2k, and I have no problem waiting. I should emphasise again that I'm not as concerned with audiophile grade sound quality as I am with the longest possible battery life and longevity. That being said, I'd like to hear you guys' recommendations and experiences with these or any other pair you've bought in this price range. Currently I'm planning to get a renewed pair of realme Buds Q2 from Amazon for 1.8k that I can return for a refund within 6 months, while waiting for more recommendations and deals. Thanks

Last edited:
I would rather go with Oppo Enco M31. This one will definitely last longer than these TWS buds that cannot escape from sweat.
Right now I'm only looking for earbuds cuz my experience with these neckband type earphones hasn't been great in the past in terms of durability, but if nothing else satisfies my needs I will give these a shot. Thanks
I should add that sweat resistance is still a secondary concern since I haven't been sweating much from the ears/head. My main concerns are still longest possible battery life, snug fit and longevity/durability

Last edited:
5) Edifier X3 Truly Wireless Bluetooth In Ear Earbuds with Mic

7) Soundcore by Anker Life Note True Wireless Bluetooth Headset
Own both of these. 2xSoundcore for 1.5 years and 1xEdifier for 1 year.

Soundcore - sound quality isn't good, battery life isn't great (but case battery is bigger) and there has been visible deterioration in their mic quality in one piece. But has better button controls.

Edifier - quite good SQ, better battery life (case battery is smaller than Soundcore), no glaring issues till now. Touch control isn't the best and the odd shape makes them stick out.

I think Xiaomi does cut corners in crucial places and end result is less durable product. Don't have any experience with Oppo, someone else can chip in.

Own both of these. 2xSoundcore for 1.5 years and 1xEdifier for 1 year.

Soundcore - sound quality isn't good, battery life isn't great (but case battery is bigger) and there has been visible deterioration in their mic quality in one piece. But has better button controls.

Edifier - quite good SQ, better battery life (case battery is smaller than Soundcore), no glaring issues till now. Touch control isn't the best and the odd shape makes them stick out.

I think Xiaomi does cut corners in crucial places and end result is less durable product. Don't have any experience with Oppo, someone else can chip in.
Sounds like Edifier might be the better choice for me given the better battery life and absence of glaring issues, although tbf I'm gonna use my phone for calls and music control anyway, so mic quality is low on the totem pole of priorities, as are button controls and aesthetics. Would you say either of them begin to cause any fatigue or pain in the ear after prolonged use, like for example as long as their battery life allows in one sitting? And is there a problem of either of them being a loose enough fit to fall out of the ears during moderate physical activity?

tbf I'm gonna use my phone for calls and music control anyway, so mic quality is low on the totem pole of priorities, as are button controls and aesthetics.
Yep, I do the same.
Would you say either of them begin to cause any fatigue or pain in the ear after prolonged use, like for example as long as their battery life allows in one sitting?
In one sitting? I don't think so.
And is there a problem of either of them being a loose enough fit to fall out of the ears during moderate physical activity?
As long as you are using the right-sized eartip, they remain intact.. but haven't used them much while doing any physical activity so would refrain from commenting on that.

Ps - you can also use one earpiece at a time to prolong the usage.

Yep, I do the same.

In one sitting? I don't think so.

As long as you are using the right-sized eartip, they remain intact.. but haven't used them much while doing any physical activity so would refrain from commenting on that.

Ps - you can also use one earpiece at a time to prolong the usage.
Okay thank you very much :smiley:

I'd like to point out that the Edifier X3-To-U has a type c port, and the regular X3 has micro usb. If that's important to you. I'm thinking of buying one soon too.

I'd like to point out that the Edifier X3-To-U has a type c port, and the regular X3 has micro usb. If that's important to you. I'm thinking of buying one soon too.
I did notice that, and while it doesn't matter to me because my phone actually uses micro usb, I did add both into the list just in case there's other meaningful differences that would make me prefer the X3-to-U

Back