Recommendations for watches for thin wrists

agentmilo

Disciple
Hey to the watch aficionados here,

I'm looking to get a watch- I have not owned any before (other than a simple watch for the gym). I'm not very knowledgeable about this scene. Went to a couple malls and tried some on and really like the G-Shock line up, particularly this design. But I have very thin wrists and I feel the Gshocks look a bit bulky. This one was more compact, but I prefer analogue watches.

My budget is 15k. Don't know if that's less, but I don't want to spend too much on my first watch.

Can't go wrong with the Casioak you liked. Also the Gshock G5600ue-1dr tough solar (costs abt 5300 on Amazon. Currently out of stock) is similar size as the black gshock u chose.

I have both these and they look great on thin wrists.

Can't go wrong with the Casioak you liked. Also the Gshock G5600ue-1dr tough solar (costs abt 5300 on Amazon. Currently out of stock) is similar size as the black gshock u chose.

I have both these and they look great on thin wrists.
Thanks for the suggestion- I like the design and spotted this as a recommendation on that page. Casio DW5600BB. Looks great.

Though I'm still pining for analogue, this design makes me want to reconsider. Doesn't look as premium as the analogues though.

If you like the analog then the casioak is an excellent choice. It's a global hit.

Keep a lookout on flipkart for the military green solar casioak. It was selling for just arnd 8700/- a couple of days ago with fk coins. It's showing a higher price now tho.

Take a look at this CASIO GA-B2100-3ADR G-Shock Bluetooth Connect Carbon Core Guard Analog-Digital Watch - For Men on Flipkart

This is my favourite gshock. Looks so good. I wear it almost everyday. It’s way less bulky and perfect for thin wrists.
What is the difference between this and the watch I linked to? Even the model number is the same but the price is almost close to half! I would definitely go for this if its simply just a different listing, its similar to what @The Pain suggested.

EDIT: My bad, the part number isn't the same- one is G1242 and the other is G987. But still not sure what the difference is.

What is the difference between this and the watch I linked to? Even the model number is the same but the price is almost close to half! I would definitely go for this if its simply just a different listing, its similar to what @The Pain suggested.

EDIT: My bad, the part number isn't the same- one is G1242 and the other is G987. But still not sure what the difference is.
The difference is the model you linked to and the green one I shared have bluetooth and are solar + battery powered

Technically it should not require a battery change at all for at least 10+ years. The bluetooth features are to sync time and find phone etc. No fitness features

The cheaper model has no bluetooth and runs off a standard battery with a life of approx 3 years.

The solar version is a better buy. Get it and forget abt maintenance kinda deal.

Take a look at this CASIO GA-B2100-3ADR G-Shock Bluetooth Connect Carbon Core Guard Analog-Digital Watch - For Men on Flipkart
A decent recommend I would think given the requirement. I watched a review and it's half as chunky as my gd-350

The BT for time sync working around the lack of atomic radio sync is a good addition as is the solar charge. As for liking the UI that will be another matter. It took me a long while to zero in on the gd-350 based on the features. This really is the hardest part with picking gshocks I find. My gd-350 is perfect for my needs. Wish it had the bt sync thing but no biggie. The time keeping is very good.

One bit of trivia I learnt from this watch. The Indian subcontinent has more time zones than the continental US :oops:

Negative display was a new thing to get used to. Perfectly legible under direct sun.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I ended up going for the 5600BB for now (and I got a sweet discount on it), since its the only one imho that looks alright on my slender wrists. All the others are sticking out a bit on the strap connection sides. Got to try some of them at a mall.

Will look into getting another analogue Casio in the coming couple months- will keep these suggestions in mind. The S108D looks really nice, might consider that as my first analogue.

Last edited:
Back