following
E6300
Asus P5W-DH Deluxe
Dell 2405 FPW
QuadroFx 4500

I need inputs from you all for below

1. Where in Mumbai are DDR2 667 and DDR2 800 Ram available
and at what price?

2. Which latest DVD Writer in Sony should I go for ( model no)

3. Which CPU is good and where in Mumbai can I get all the options

4. Is 430W enough for this system , I have an Antec 1080 with 430W

5. Is overclocking possible even with DDR2 533 Ram on this M/B.

Rgds
Vivek

With an E6300, get a P5B especially if you wanna overclock. P5W is good only for E6600 or higher. DDR2 800 ain't available anywhere. Since you don't seem to be budget limited, get an E6600 instead.

Yeo agrees with Chaos. Get the E66 if budget in not an Issue, or get a P5B deluxe instead n keep the E63.

4) Nope a 430W will be dangerous to ur PC. Get atleast 550 watts PSU.

5) Depends on how much u OC. Since most mobos have issues regarding memory dividers cannot be set lower. You need is a DDR2-667 atleast to use the full potential of ur Chip.

He either has or is getting a QuadroFX card, so clearly budget is not an issue :D So you can surely get an E6700 or even X6800 to pair with that board and graphics card :)

2. About DVDRW, the best in the market is the LG H10N which I bought for a friend for 2.1k a month ago.

3. E6600 is roughly 17.4k... about RAM, wait for Funky to post a dealer contact in Mumbai :)

4. Get an Antec NeoHE 500 (6.5k) or 550 (8.2k) from ITdepot

1 & 5. Yes, but get DDR2 667 Mhz RAM... it's available for 11.5-12k, and again, wait for Funky to post dealer contact :)

The stock cooler is nothing great, but if you plan to run an E6300/E6600 @ stock speeds and volts, you won't need an aftermarket cooler.

Hi.

I could have got the DDR2 667 2GB kit for 11750 till saturday as some old stock was remaining with my dealer.

Now prices have skyrocketed.

Its close to 13k now.

Its available at Mnemonic systems in borivali. Basically all you need can be had from this place.

Here is the phone no : 98200 63585.

If you have MSN, PM me the same. We can talk on msn messenger and i can forward you any details you need. :)

Hi,

Anyone purchased memory from Yatra Online?

Are they safe to deal with? and issues with warranty/returns.

Also if they send by courier, what about Octroi duty and sales tax?

They seem to have a good price on DDR2 667 1GB KITS.

Rgds
Vivek

:) It is pretty new...unlikely someone would have bought from it...from the looks seems pretty ok...they have a list of policies regarding warranty...standard issues regarding internet shopping will always be there...

14k for 2GB DDR2-800 memory is a good price, even though rated timings are 5-5-5... we'll just need to verify the company actually exists :) Maybe someone in Delhi can verify that for us, IceFusion around? :p

They're supposedly located at:

LD-26, Tower Apartments, Pitampura, Delhi - 110088

Tel/Fax: 011- 27313648

We can't help it...whether it is itdepot or anybody else till they have competition they will fleece the indian customers:( :( . One more thing itdepot does not include sales tax and several other taxes....net total in both the cases is again 14k...if someone in Delhi can verify the comp exists then the xms range would be better than ocz gold??

:) Even the kingston hyperx 8500(i.e 1000Mhz)correct me if I am wrong available in the registered dealers like transtek infoways...price is again in the 12+k for a 1gb module....so that seems to be a standard rate in India..this info is from this months chip

12k for 1gig of HyperX PC2-8500 is close to the US price, I wouldn't complain about that price if I wanted that memory :D

Back