Recommendations for a 43" FHD TV for the bedroom??

indy1811

Skilled
1. Budget. 30k

2. Viewing distance. 5 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. DTH

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. LED

5. Preference for brands. None

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? No

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. Dull

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. Android TV

Looking to buy a FHD 43" TV for the bedroom. Will be used by my mom who watches mostly STB content and maybe the occasional OTT content on Zee5 or Sonyliv. Definitely no 4k content.

Budget is up to 30k. The room isn't very bright and doesn't get direct sunlight so have decided to go with a VA panel.

Oneplus 43Y1s
Hisense 43A6GE
Redmi 43
Vu Premium 2021

Any opinions?

1. Budget. 30k

2. Viewing distance. 5 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. DTH

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. LED

5. Preference for brands. None

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? No

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. Dull

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. Android TV

Looking to buy a FHD 43" TV for the bedroom. Will be used by my mom who watches mostly STB content and maybe the occasional OTT content on Zee5 or Sonyliv. Definitely no 4k content.

Budget is up to 30k. The room isn't very bright and doesn't get direct sunlight so have decided to go with a VA panel.

Oneplus 43Y1s
Hisense 43A6GE
Redmi 43
Vu Premium 2021

Any opinions?
Go with Vu Tvs if you want Android TVs or else
LG, Samsung, Sony Bravia are the way to go.

I bought Samsung AUE60 for 32.7k from here https://www.samsung.com/in/tvs/uhd-4k-tv/aue60-uhd-4k-smart-tv-2021-43-inch-ua43aue60aklxl/
The quality of screen is awesome, 4k content are treat to watch. I was planning to buy Hisense 43A6GE but spent extra for Samsung and don't regret

Great! How do normal news channels (SD) look on the Samsung? How is the OS? Read a few reviews that the brightness isn't great compared to the Hisense. Also, spending another 2k for the voice assistant enabled model seems excessive to me.
Check this mi tv 43" full hd Android tv
Mi 108 cm (43 inches) Horizon Edition Full HD Android LED TV 4A | L43M6-EI (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08H883LR6/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_7ZF737TFKD55TS7F03P7
I went to the showroom and checked it out a week back. Look quite dull tbh.

Great! How do normal news channels (SD) look on the Samsung? How is the OS? Read a few reviews that the brightness isn't great compared to the Hisense. Also, spending another 2k for the voice assistant enabled model seems excessive to me.

I went to the showroom and checked it out a week back. Look quite dull tbh.
Vu & Hisense TVs use the same panel & they have the best panel for a budget TV, peak brightness goes to 450 nits or so. I will recommend Vu 43" 4K for 26k or so, if you live in a Tier 1/2 city with service centre, buy their extended warranty as well. Else go for Samsung, bit inferior panel, but no way bad.

Voice assistant may or may not help, depends on you. SD won't look that great on 4K that too at 43". Not enough details are available to save it with upscaling. 720p & 1080p would look great. Samsung's tizen OS is good enough, but android TV has a higher selection of apps, but Android TV is considered slower.

Redmi X43 or Mi TV 5's panel is bit inferior to Vu/Hisense, but still a good one. Redmi X43 has ALLM via HDMI 2.1 & maybe better speakers, I see no other advantage. Vu is considered to have decent after sales among small brands (Xiaomi, OP included).

I bought this TV to be used as monitor so haven't used any of the above features. The main selling point for me was panel and Hisense 43A6GE had best reviews but it was around 29k so spent ~3k more for Samsung.

Back