Recommendation for internet security application

moggab

Disciple
Apr 14, 2009
Hi guys,

I am currently using multiple programs for security as in : Malwarebytes anti malware, zonealarm firewall and Bitdefender anti virus 2011.
The problem is that whenever i start playing online games like Age of Empires.
There's this vsmon.exe and vsserv.exe who bleed my proccy to death.
I couldnt even move my mouse in the games, it becomes that slow.
I exit from zonealarm and put my BD AV to game mode but still its the same.
I cannot even kill vsserv.

Now my only option is to uninstall bitdefender and zonealarm.
Is there any other program out there which can take care of my whole internet security including firewall/anti virus etc. which is a little light on resources at least in game mode.

Pls suggest.
Thx in advance.

moggab

Disciple
Apr 14, 2009
So many votes for KIS. Do you guys have any lag during online gaming.
My games lag so much not because of bandwidth but because of processor use :(

chiragsthakur

Skilled
Apr 20, 2011
Mumbai
No, KIS doesnt affect online gaming. Atleast I have never faced issues while playing online with KIS running. Lag might be due to various reasons. System config needs to be checked or else disabling your existing firewall might let you sort out your issue.

moggab

Disciple
Apr 14, 2009
I always exit from zonealarm before starting the game.
so its not their issue. I dont know why bitdefender couldnt sort out this issue of vsserv :(
Otherwise its quite good software.

moggab

Disciple
Apr 14, 2009
I have 3 GB of RAM will that be enough ?? I just want my proccy to be left alone, when I am in game mode, while online gaming.

moggab

Disciple
Apr 14, 2009
...But firewall activity means it will check all the bits/bytes/packets entering the system. And while in gaming you do need to send quite a bit of data to and fro .. which result in high processor usage... am i wrong ??

chiragsthakur

Skilled
Apr 20, 2011
Mumbai
It doesnt use much CPU during this activity bro. Trust me, many of us have played online games using KIS without any lag. If you dont want to buy it, then you can always get a trial version of KIS2012 and check your systems performance during games. If you dont find any lag then you can go ahead and buy KIS. BTW which processor are you using?

killerz2

Recruit
Apr 11, 2011
Dehrdun
[font="arial, sans-serif"]u can use eset nod smart security its better then kis in my opinion ..[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] [/font][font="arial, sans-serif"]
<
[/font]

vishalk

Adept
Mar 15, 2005
Hi,

Eset Smart Security is good enuff for all your needs. Its got anti-virus, anti-spyware, ant-spam and ofc a 2 way HIPS compatable firewall. As far as havhing another anti-spyware goes, stick with malwarebytes anti-malware and super anti-spyware. Eset is light on resources, never hogs cpu and accurate. I have used kaspersky and known it to be a cpu hogger and find it just to be very bulky.