Recommend Stay in Mumbai for Visa appointment

ashish

Adept
My in-laws have Visa appointment next month in Mumbai.

They are 5 people incl. a newborn baby looking for a budget stay for 4-5 days but the prices near to BKC Visa office area bring tears in eyes!

They tried Airbnb and hotels online but prices are insane and 5 days stay is costing them 60k or more which is obviously insane. The other budget hotels are just 2 stars and located near slum zones so obviously can't even think about them.

They do got relatives but in Thane and Mira rd side so not feasible to travel nor staying at their places is convenient due to family space issues.

Can someone having knowledge especially from Mumbai or those who have ever traveled there for the same purpose recommend a good budget-friendly stay in the nearby zone ?

1702839489679.png

IF you know anyone in Mumbai or can personal visit property,
Find some hotels in Mumbai suburbs Goregaon west to Vile Parle West or near Kalina in East
You will have plenty of option, specify your requirements to them (lodging, laundary, food etc.)

have marked two location one of the top office used to have maybe one process over there and than later on interviews in the bottom .The food restaurants over their are damn expensive nothing in vfm side .you`ll have to cross tthe bridge ( mainly nonveg) to have something. in the evening i would recommend going to maybe bandstand .While returning to hotel at night one could try multiple eateries joints in bandra west hill road /linking road .

I would highly recommend staying near kurla station ( bus no 310 and Bus no. i think bkc spl bus no. 1 or 2) . plethora of food option veg /non veg street food etc .Connectivity is good .Hire two rickshaw and you are there
the black one is kurla station are very crowded but very well connected. The blue line is another option sion/chunnabhatti bkc is connected through new bridge so one could reach consulate quickly

1702840428337.png

Last edited:
First of all you need to very clearly tell what day and time the appointments are.
Both biometrics as well as interview.
Without this info every recommendation is just trash. BKC is a quagmire and you need to have a day and time information to make intelligent choices.

Christmas Festival Dates, clashing with your in-laws visa dates.. little chance you will get any budget hotel as all those low cost hotels too may have increase price 2-3 times.

Some Dharmshala & Samaj Guest Houses are there at low cost but you need to know someone from those Community to book rooms, in Jogeshwari (East), 1 min. walking distance from station, near East-West Flyover, there is Prakash Guest House and Hotel Ganga .. (search google) check if their charges are in your budget.

Last edited:
You could book service apartments in the BKC area. As it is a corporate area, there are corporate service apartments available that at least cost less than hotels.

I just made a random search for one with random dates to just give an idea. There should be cheaper options available otherwise.

Thanks, will check on such options. Reviews are saying something else but yet comparatively fine from other suggestions.
View attachment 185649
Very bad terrible reviews in fact paid positive reviews.
Christmas Festival Dates, clashing with your in-laws visa dates.. little chance you will get any budget hotel as all those low cost hotels too may have increase price 2-3 times.
Which Christmas falls in Jan ?

Thanks, will check on such options. Reviews are saying something else but yet comparatively fine from other suggestions.

Very bad terrible reviews in fact paid positive reviews.

Which Christmas falls in Jan ?
well you will have to understand that BKC has big-name , but worst place to be travelling to and its totally commercial .As i have said the goal should be stay near the consulate get the work done and buzz off.

One more important thing is one of the lady members is pregnant so will she as well have to stand in the queue for hours or is there any waiting rooms etc. for such people.
So Tuesday and Wednesday on the long weekend week; what about time? Still unknown?
If you are referring to 26th jan weekend the long weekends are anything but from 24th not prior to that unless the employee is the director, ceo or at least some senior manager.

With respect to waiting & pregnant lady - you reach the venue and form a queue for 15 minutes of so. Thats to collect all the people from the same slot. The security guy checks the documents cursory and time slot allocated, and then the whole lot moves inside the embassy. There are all the provisions there like seating area, water, toilet etc.

~~~

Since you are not mentioning about the scheduled time, I assume that you don't have that knowledge.
Nevertheless, the only decent places for staying and reaching BKC is Bandra, Khar and Santa Cruz (increasing distance). The eastern part of these localities is much better for connectivity however usually lacking in good Hotels. The western parts are more distant (due to road crossing over railway line) but better hotels.
The region around airport is also good for hotel - but they might be expensive due to proximity to airport.
Bandra Khar Sana Cruz take less than 30 minutes to reach US Embassy area; airport will take longer because of longer distance, but it really depends highly on time of the day, that info you have not provided.
I have deliberately chosen to ignore the Kurla side, because of the shadiness of that area compared to the Bandra side.
Hotels in BKC are either extremely expensive or extremely low class.

I remarked long weekend, because traffic around BKC is slightly less on the weeks of long weekend - many people DO take entire week off or work from home. Also because many BKC offices are back-end for US/Europe they will slack - hence I expect a better traffic situation that week in BKC compared to the usual hell.

~~~

Here, the map is a better representation.
In my experience and opinion, any place less than 5000 per night is going to give a shady experience.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Since you are not mentioning about the scheduled time, I assume that you don't have that knowledge.
First day the appointment is at 11am
Second day its 9:am

Do we still need to be there as early as 7am in the morning even for 11 am appointment ?
The world is so fake these days, if someone reads google reviews of some hotels its all 5 stars on google all paid spam fake reviews while the actual reviews reflects on makemytrip and similar sites.
All golmaal.

Last edited:
The world is so fake these days, if someone reads google reviews of some hotels its all 5 stars on google all paid spam fake reviews while the actual reviews reflects on makemytrip and similar sites.
All golmaal.
This is happening due to spammers approaching everyone on whatsapp and offering a bribe of 100-150bucks to give 5 star ratings. Soon, the market is going to be like this only with hardly anything genuine...sadly!
Biggest joke is people are falling and selling themselves for such an alm!

This is happening due to spammers approaching everyone on whatsapp and offering a bribe of 100-150bucks to give 5 star ratings. Soon, the market is going to be like this only with hardly anything genuine...sadly!
Biggest joke is people are falling and selling themselves for such an alm!
Well with 1.4 Billion population this is but natural. It's so easy to get reviews for your business, I think the going rate is 300-500 per review out which 150 goes to individuals and rest is profit. And given that it's so easy, business specially in dining, lodging and hospitality have no incentive to do anything. They are gonna do a bare minimum that's all. Any industry that has non-refundable booking is basically fraud in general. The middle and budget segment hospitality industry in India shouldn't exist. The rule of thumb is, any business/industry that doesn't have a refund policy is predatory, doing all sorts of illegal stuff and scamming people right and left.

And whosoever is lobbying for the illegal theater food pricing is pure unadulterated scum.

First day the appointment is at 11am
Second day its 9:am

Do we still need to be there as early as 7am in the morning even for 11 am appointment ?
All golmaal.
I am not sure how early you have to be at the venue before the appointment time.
The only sure shot way it to read reviews on dedicated sites like Booking.com, Makemytrip, Zomato (for food) etc.
Google reviews are mostly paid and fake.

Back