Recommend a touchpad driver for Lenovo Z580

I am so sick and tired of things continuously going wrong with this laptop that I am now contemplating getting rid of it altogether.

If you are having trouble with driver from the manufacturer itself, then something might be wrong with hardware, as suggested earlier.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver?

If the laptop is in warranty, get it checked?

Uninstalling and re-installing the driver?

Done it like a hundred million times.

And the hardware, I doubt it. Sometimes it stops working altogether. Sometimes it works but the scrolling wont work. Seems like the driver randomly crashes.

This is an issue with Synaptics driver for windows 8 in which synTPEnh.exe stops responding sometimes. You could also navigate in task manager & kill the process or disable it altogether. You'll however, loose scrolling and other gesture features if you disable it.

Hmm.. strange issue. Did you look in the Event Viewer to see any errors related to the driver, which might give a clue of the problem?

Had any luck with the generic driver?

Any other weird things going around in computer? If yes, then maybe you can consider a repair install, or a reinstall of the OS, if the problems are too much.

Today it went haywire again,, after installing a synaptics driver.

The cursor automatically started dancing from left to right and right to left without me doing anything.

Restarted the laptop and all was fine again.

All in all, this one has been a lemon.
Bought in February 2013
Replaced the laptop fan in june 2014, replaced the HDD in August 2014. And now this touchpad has been acting up. Well TBH it was acting up since long, but now it has become much more frequent.

Search on Google reveals several other links with Synaptics driver for other Lenovo models too. So, this problem seems to be common with Lenovo?

Well, since it's behaving that erratically, use an external mouse. I don't like using touchpad on laptops anyways.. I always use an external mouse... makes my work faster.

Hmm.. strange issue. Did you look in the Event Viewer to see any errors related to the driver, which might give a clue of the problem?

Had any luck with the generic driver?

Any other weird things going around in computer? If yes, then maybe you can consider a repair install, or a reinstall of the OS, if the problems are too much.

No luck with the generic driver either.
It also keeps going haywire.

Also it doesnt get back to working unless i shut it down and then re-start it.

Clicking on re-stard doesnt solve the issue. I have to go to shut down, and then press the power button to restart it.

Also today I guess the mobo conked off.

You can try a reinstall of Windows and see if that helps.

You can also get the laptop checked for any hardware issues.

Recently, one of my friends had a trouble with the hard drive of the laptop. We tried to troubleshoot it ourselves by opening the laptop. During the opening, we tried to take out the pin for the touchpad, but the top of the pin came off, by which you could hold it. We thought it wasn't so important since it was just the top, and the pin was still sitting there. But, it seems it did make a difference, as the touchpad stopped working after that. Guess that pin/wire has to be replaced now.

Maybe a similar issue with your hardware. Not likely, but worth a try, if Windows reinstall does not help.

Back