Recommend a Relaxing Driving Game

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Hello Folks,

I need a recommendation for a relaxing Driving game where you don't have to participate in the Racing Challenges but can just choose a car of your choice and drive around different locations. Is there any title out there having this? (I don't want any Online/ Multiplayer options).

I can get into the Racing part of the game at some point but just want to keep a relaxing driving title on the gaming drive for times when I don't want to take the tension of modern day Single Player games and just drive through some nice looking roads in beautiful locations.

I don't have a steering wheel and will be using my Xbox One controller for driving.

Thanks!

Beam NG.drive

Freeroam (Game Mode)​

Don't want to feel limited? Take any vehicle to a destination of choice and start exploring. Experimentation is also key in this game mode, as objects and environmental conditions can be manipulated. Try revving up wind speeds for a challenge, or altering gravity!

Hello Folks,

I need a recommendation for a relaxing Driving game where you don't have to participate in the Racing Challenges but can just choose a car of your choice and drive around different locations. Is there any title out there having this? (I don't want any Online/ Multiplayer options).

I can get into the Racing part of the game at some point but just want to keep a relaxing driving title on the gaming drive for times when I don't want to take the tension of modern day Single Player games and just drive through some nice looking roads in beautiful locations.

I don't have a steering wheel and will be using my Xbox One controller for driving.

Thanks!
If you have already completed any previous games, you can simply switch to free-roam mode and enjoy with any car.

Thank-you guys for the recommendations, appreciate it!

I wanted to ask... does Forza Horizon 4 have such a free roam option?
Yes, Forza Horizon games have free roam. You can play it just for free roam without doing any races After you are done with the introduction. Better get some higher edition if you don't want to grind currency to buy cars as you get plenty in those. You get 3 maps in FH4 ultimate edition. The base game map, a Lego map and 3rd one is fortune island. FH5 has Mexico, Hot Wheels and another one which is mostly off-road kind.

Euro truck simulator 2 and American truck simulator and for something a little more challenging Snowrunner.

But my go to game for relaxation is ETS2, nothing relaxes me more than doing a long haul from Paris to Germany.

Euro truck simulator etc. games utilizes much of the keyboard. I'm not sure hows he gonna handle the controls with the controllers limited keys unless he only prefers to drive and give upon the rest of the enjoyment!

Assetto Corsa with Mods, Shutoku (I think that's right) track and tons of other tracks but nothing beats ETS 2 and ATS. Just sit back, drive casually through the highways and occasionally, some beautiful visuals. Assetto Corsa offers the same, not free roam per see but just cruising in some tracks. Mod support is amazing.

BIG thanks guys... I think I have some great options to try now:

FH 4 or FH 5
BeamNG.drive
Euro Truck Simulator 2
American Truck Simulator

@nRiTeCh : Regarding ETS 2... will it be easier to play it with a KB + Mouse combo vis-a-vis playing with a controller?

FH 4 or FH 5
BeamNG.drive
Euro Truck Simulator 2
American Truck Simulator

@nRiTeCh : Regarding ETS 2... will it be easier to play it with a KB + Mouse combo vis-a-vis playing with a controller?
Yeah. You'll need the keyboard for a bunch of other functionality to be honest. MKB+Controller is what I do.

FH4: It's relaxing and exciting at the same time!

screenshot_20231207231503.jpg

FH 4 or FH 5
BeamNG.drive
Euro Truck Simulator 2
American Truck Simulator

From my exp of ETS2, I will recommend KB mouse as well, or a steering wheel setup (I have been lucky to try the latter as well on ETS2 & FH4)

Back