Recommend a mobile under 10k

Hey all,

Recommend me a mobile under 10k.

Features I want are:
3G
Wifi

I am considering Nokia e63 as it has push mail also. But I am confused whether I want a touch screen or qwerty.

This seems promising to me:
Samsung Wave525 S5253
Samsung Wave533 S5330

But I am confused which one to go for.

saqib_khan said:
Hey all,

Recommend me a mobile under 10k.

Features I want are:

3G

Wifi

I am considering Nokia e63 as it has push mail also. But I am confused whether I want a touch screen or qwerty.

This seems promising to me:

Samsung Wave525 S5253

Samsung Wave533 S5330

But I am confused which one to go for.

E63 is a bit old model and has older symbian OS while Wave S5253 is a newer model and has Bada OS which has more apps and samsung is providing good support for Bada

well if you have more multimedia use then get wave 5253 or else if you have more business use then get E 63

Nokia E63 just has UMTS 384 kbps. So its a no go if u want 3G speeds of HSDPA 3.6Mbps or above.
Nokia E63 - Full phone specifications

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Samsung Wave525 S5253 Price in India: Metallic Black Color | Flipkart Mobiles
Samsung Wave533 S5330 Price in India: Metallic Black Color | Flipkart Mobiles

The two samsung wave's have wifi but lack 3G. Not even 384Kbps UMTS. They only have Edge only.

Your best bet would be Monte ~ 8.4k or Galaxy 5 ~ 8.9k in case of touchscreen phones.
If non-touch screen ones u can consider the SE Hazel for ~ 10.4k

Also check out the Spice MI-300 Android phone for ~9.9k. Seems to be Foxconn OEM and the same phone as the Moto Quench. Good specs for the price.

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone-buying-advice/spice-mi-300-a-174543.html

Hey thanks all. I went to mobile shop today and found Samsung monte quite good.

Does anyone know which OS is used monte ? I like the touch screen, its apps and features. So anyone have a comment on Samsung monte ?

saqib_khan said:
Hey thanks all. I went to mobile shop today and found Samsung monte quite good.

Does anyone know which OS is used monte ? I like the touch screen, its apps and features. So anyone have a comment on Samsung monte ?
monte is a good phone but if does not have any os

So if you want a multimedia phone then its a good one

^^ Oh..

I read in the reviews that I can install additional apps.. so thats good I think. 3G + Wifi + GPS + 3.2 MP camera at this price point seems good. Its java enabled, so I can install Opera browser in it, right ?

saqib_khan said:
^^ Oh..

I read in the reviews that I can install additional apps.. so thats good I think. 3G + Wifi + GPS + 3.2 MP camera at this price point seems good. Its java enabled, so I can install Opera browser in it, right ?

ya opera may work and you can also install java games

If I was in your place I would have got wave 525 which has bada os and support for many applications.

Lack of 3g does not sounds like a con to me.

And if you are thinking spice is a low quality brand then let me inform you that Spice Mi-300 is same as Motorola Quench which is again a OEM Foxconn Mobile Phone.

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
If I was in your place I would have got wave 525 which has bada os and support for many applications.

Lack of 3g does not sounds like a con to me.

And if you are thinking spice is a low quality brand then let me inform you that Spice Mi-300 is same as Motorola Quench which is again a OEM Foxconn Mobile Phone.

the spice mi 300 is not that bad but its cam is a bit low quality i think

E52- 11.4k on ebay. Was amazing deal with free Diwali HDD worth Rs. 2500 so effective cost was around 9k only. Anyway you can still apply some sort of coupons and make it better. IMHO wave 525 is a no go without 3G and monte got absolutely no useful applications.

saqib_khan said:
ok, which one from two ?

Samsung wave 525

OR

Samsung monte

I like the 3G feature in monte but wave has bada os.

of these two i would have gone for wave 5253

you can choose as per you needs i.e 3g or applications

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

and if increasing your budget then get wave 7233 instead

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone-buying-advice/samsung-star-renamed-as-wave-s5253-176956.html

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-wave723-s7233-titan-gray-mobile-mobcsygz6zpupgkf

Back