User Review Real or Fake ? - Xiaomi 10400 mAh Power Bank

Hey guys,
Firstly to the mods, please move this to the appropriate section. I'm not sure where this one belongs.
Why this thread has gone up is because I recently got 2 Xiaomi 10400mAh Power Banks (XPB for short) from Ebay from the seller AllPhoneUnlock: http://stores.ebay.in/allphoneunlock/
The 1st one is the white model, which I procured from http://www.ebay.in/itm/271499716397?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 for 1100 bucks (using Axis coupon; was listed for 1299).
The 2nd one is a golden one (as the white went was going for crazy prices) from here http://www.ebay.in/itm/281357022775?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 (1300 bucks; same coupon; listed for 1499)
Got the 1st one around a week back and have been using it since. Works wonderfully. The 2nd one came 2 days back and just looking at the packing made me suspicious.
I looked at http://en.miui.com/thread-19104-1-1.html (pointers for figure real vs fake XPBs) and found the following differences (which warrant me to believe that the 2nd one is fake):
(P.S.: Before beginning, BOTH the packing came with Xiaomi stickers, which when scratched, revealed a code, which when checked on the Xiaomi verification website, said BOTH are genuine. However, I'm not convinced, so let's see the following points)
1) Packing: The 1st one i.e. the white/silver XPB came in a SEALED satin-ish paper, which had to be peeled away to reveal the PB. There was no way one could take out the PB without damaging the packing. Again, it was sealed. Moreover, the PB was then sealed inside another white plastic box. So double sealing. And exemplary packing.
The 2nd one i.e. golden XPB came in a cardboard box, UNSEALED. Huge difference in packing. One could just open the box and replace whatever was inside. No seals, no plastic box, nothing. Very strange.
2) Lights/LEDs: Please look at the picture below:
hArNLUq.jpg

If you notice carefully, the golden one has DARKER LEDs when compared to the white one. There seems to be some translucent covering behind the white one to minimize overglow.
Moreover, when we press the button to see the charging status, things become more clear:
1iUnzJx.jpg

The golden one has light bleeding, whereas
EerxCll.jpg

The white ones doesn't !
3) Ports/Paint:
8bc9MVn.jpg

As you can see, the golden PB's micro-USB port is NOT CENTERED, whereas the white one is perfectly centered in the casing (I'm not sure how far the pic can show this, but holding both the PB at eye level show this). Moreover, the golden one's PAINTJOB is CHIPPED at couple of places as marked. The white one is flawless all around.
4) Printing: Another pic:
ffGqvFH.jpg

If you see closely, you'll notice that the golden one has a darker printing as compared to the smoother one on the white PB.
Another pic to show the same:
APXEhPY.jpg

What do you guys think ? Can you compare your XPBs with the posted pics and see any similarities/differences ? Please chip in. Meanwhile, I'll try to have a word with the seller.[DOUBLEPOST=1406671086][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and the reason I'm putting it up (was asked on another forum as how does it matter, sab chinese hain), the difference is mucho. Xiaomi uses LG batteries and Texas Instruments chip to control power on board, making it safer. The cheaper ones using thin wiring and unverified chips which can cause explosions. Check here: http://en.miui.com/thread-19104-1-1.html
Can cause major fire hazard.

@Spacescreamer @piper[DOUBLEPOST=1406674365][/DOUBLEPOST]Just went through this video:
Looks like what I've is genuine. The usb cable is of the right color (and without logo as well). I haven't checked pass through charging. Will do it sometime later.

Last edited:
Do not buy from seller other than WS Retails, a friend got one fake as per the criteria given here...

On paytm, Ahmedabad seller sending fakes while Delhi seller sending real ones with free TPU cover...:cool:

Hi all I got my powerbank monday from flipkart.I have completely charged the powerbank overnight before using it.But i am facing problem while charging from the power bank.i tried multiple phones. when i connect it to phone and switch on all the 4 leds blink some 5 times and switch off.phones are not getting charged. Is the power bank is faulty?should i return it to FK. In in fk return form there only option i can see is refund of money.

Edit:Found out that i have to push the usb cable real hard to properly insert it.so it was failing to charge

Last edited:
Received mine couple of minutes back. Thought it came with a cover but it wasn't to be. Anyways have put it on charging with the iPad charger. Hopefully that will charge it fast.

And yes this thing feels solid and is a scratch magnet.

Received mine couple of minutes back. Thought it came with a cover but it wasn't to be. Anyways have put it on charging with the iPad charger. Hopefully that will charge it fast.

I charged it with the charger bundled with the Mi3. Charged it for 5 hours as I wasn't sure how long it should take. I used it to charge the Mi3 and it took maybe 20% more time than charging with a wall charger, so initial impressions are good. However, when I checked the levels there were just 2 blinking LED's so maybe getting 2 full charges out of this for the Mi3 is all I am gonna get.

The design is exactly how the fruit company would have made a PowerBank methinks. It's so pretty, but will probably need to throw a condom on top of it.

Is this better than the Ambrane 10,400 mAh one ? Not from cost perspective. I know one can get the ambrane one also close to 1000 (above) after some deal or coupon etc.
Also anyone tried charging a device simultaneously when the power bank is charging ? Does that work ?

Is this better than the Ambrane 10,400 mAh one ? Not from cost perspective. I know one can get the ambrane one also close to 1000 (above) after some deal or coupon etc.
Also anyone tried charging a device simultaneously when the power bank is charging ? Does that work ?
I had a Camera been stucked twice on iphone 5 while the device was kept on charge via powerbank

I have been using Ambrane one for past around 1yr and it's very good for the price.
Torch and %display is a plus :)

TBH the build quality is great but I am finding its really hard to keep it scratch less. Maybe I need to buy one of those sock covers for this to last as this will get scratched really fast. Or maybe a lamination would help. Your suggestions guys.

This will mainly be used by my father and he doesn't follow the same passion as me for the gadgets.

Received faulty power bank from FK.
Battery indicator not working properly. All 4 light blinking even though its battery is below 10%[DOUBLEPOST=1410012509][/DOUBLEPOST]

Is your Battery indicator working properly ? Mine is always showing full (All 4 lights blinking)

There was no security sticker on the one received from WS Retail (Flipkart)! Does it mean its fake? Is there any way to check the authenticity of the product?
There is only a sticker of the Importer with a code that all!

This is the BEST power bank in the market... hands down!

Let's not even talk about the price right now.

• The build is solid.
  • The design is simplistic and elegant.
  • The output is 2.1A so it charges your phone superfast(hell yeah!)
  • It's quite small and light for a 10,400 mAh power bank.
  • It's Rs. 999 which blows every other power bank straight out of the water.

TBH the build quality is great but I am finding its really hard to keep it scratch less. Maybe I need to buy one of those sock covers for this to last as this will get scratched really fast. Or maybe a lamination would help. Your suggestions guys.

This will mainly be used by my father and he doesn't follow the same passion as me for the gadgets.

I suggest you do get a cover. I have a cover and it really helps with the small nicks/ scratches.

After the first wave of pre-orders did Flipkart ever bring the 10400mah in stock? I had seen the 5200mah come to stock for a few minutes for more than a few times now, but the 10400mah is gone for good. Damn flipkart should put a permanently discontinued sticker on it :rage::yuck:

After the first wave of pre-orders did Flipkart ever bring the 10400mah in stock? I had seen the 5200mah come to stock for a few minutes for more than a few times now, but the 10400mah is gone for good. Damn flipkart should put a permanently discontinued sticker on it :rage::yuck:
I did not see the 10400mAh in stock after the pre order sellout either.
Finally ordered the Ambrane 10400 at 50% cashback from PayTM yesterday just before the offer expired.

Finally ordered the Ambrane 10400 at 50% cashback from PayTM yesterday just before the offer expired.
Funny thing is that the 10400mah model is available practically everywhere from eBay to XiaomiWorld.

Review the Ambrane one will ya?

Damn...only if i knew about this offer. I want to buy 10400 mAh one and my brother uses ambrane one and is satisfied. But now everywhere cost is 1400 and above and I am also waiting for Xiaomi one to come in stock.

Back