User Review Razer Mamba 4G wireless gaming mouse

I have been on the search for a good keyboard and mouse ever since my old Logitech combo's mouse died. I bought a Razer orochi about two months back online but it proved to be a mistake the mouse is just too small to hold. I saved up for Mamba and just 5-6 days back ordered it off after selling the Orochi locally.

Meet the Mamba

photo sharing

picture hosting

image sharing

image sharing

upload

image upload

upload

As you might surmise the box is plastic and see thru so its no wonder why its covered with scratches. I liked the Mamba a lot but i could not find the 4G one anywhere all i found was the old laser one with itdepo and a few other sites.

I had almost given hope and posted a thread here about a Microsoft combo. Then out of the blue i got a PM proclaiming that SMC has the Mamba 4G and i called found it out and ordered. It took about 5 days to arrive. I jot it in my hands on Sat would have gotten it on Mon but drove to the office and got it myself.

The box is impressive and very pretty i cant through it out kinnda impressive.

The mouse has a good grip but thumb support could be better, The mouse has lots of light which can be switched of with the software and which is in my to-do list. I mean the light on the wheel is distracting when a finger is hovering just above it.

The DPI is toggle enabled for now i have it set around 1000 or 1800 i think. The best thing is that it works on any surface i am using it now on my dark glass desk without a mouse pad. The other impressive thing is the arc the mouse is at the mid is high but its still a little small for my hands and i cant rest my whole hand on it but its 100 times better than the oroch.

Now on to the base of the mouse along with the battery. Please note that the 4G dual system uses two sensors one optical and another laser.

online photo sharing

image hosting

upload foto

As you can see it has 4G system which includes a laser and a optical sensor. I was a bit worried because i cant see the red light of the laser only the blue light of the optical sensor and in haste i made another thread on that :p

Seems i may be over reacting since it works fine. The mouse so far works fine.

Here is a look at the software side of things:

free image hosting

photo storage

pic hosting

Conclusion:

Its wheel is smooth and very sensitive its a pain while using it with Crysis 3 for weapon changing so had to retask the scroller with notting for crysis 3. Will see the software and search for a solution overall its a very good mouse a bit expensive but its a once a long time buy. I have full intensio0ns to use this for the foreseeable future say 5 years :p . It fits my hand very well and is very comfortable to hold. Its a proper gaming mouse which is also wireless the best of the world in every sense. The only bad is that it has lousy battery life with continuous use since sat the battery is almost gone that from a full battery, Will see how it performs in the future.[DOUBLEPOST=1363534637][/DOUBLEPOST]Still searching for gaming worthy wireless keyboard so suggest away...

Thinking of Logitech K800

Back