PC Peripherals Razer Deathadder Doubleclick Issue

greenhorn

Patron
I recently purchased a deathadder which apparently has the famous doubleclick issue ( which i guess the seller was blissfully unaware of or conveniently forgot about). A single click is sometimes registered as a doubleclick.

This becomes a problem if you shoot single shots ( cs 1.6, AK 47, tap-tap-tap instead of burst fire). every now and then, a singe shot becomes a burst.

I tried updating the firmware ( razer supposedly fixed this via firmware in the 1.31 release) - no luck, the mouse was running 1.34 anyway.

Tried opening it up and spraying WD 40. this reduced the number of accidental double clicks somewhat( from one out of 3 to one out of 10~15 clicks) , but its still there.

Any other solutions?

Just saw this thread.

The mouse was purchased by me. I appreciate greenhorn for not revealing the name by himself until he tried to correct the problem. :) But I must say it myself as it is my responsibility.

Just to state, that the mouse was working fine with me. Maybe because I don't keep the Razer drivers as they cause many strange problems. I am also not saying that greenhorn is lying, because I know it is a common problem with the Razer mice. So, it is not a deliberate attempt to sell you the wrong or defective product.

In case, you cannot rectify the problem, I will be happy to refund you the amount including shipping. No worries. :)

The firmware has nothing to do with the double-click issue - it's something to do with the hardware. I had the first generation DA and developed the same issue after a year of usage and had to RMA the mouse through KMD. Although it came to about 900 INR, it was well worth it. I sold it off as a brand new piece which still had a year of warranty left.

IINM Razer rodents have 2 years of warranty. The newer second-gen DA however seems to not have this issue.

In fact my MS IE 3.0 has this issue ATM and I'm looking forward to RMA it.

it seems to have improved over use after a few hours. Maybe the WD40 takes time to soak in :p

Let me ask someone who uses the DA regularly, and get his opinion.

lol.. I have had this issue in december...gave my DA for RMA and got a new one :D They'll replace it ! just give them back... but it will take 2 weeks to get it replaced..so have this thing in mind :)

lol.. I have had this issue in december...gave my DA for RMA and got a new one :D They'll replace it ! just give them back... but it will take 2 weeks to get it replaced..so have this thing in mind :)

Did you send it on your own or through KMD ? How much did it cost ? And did you get the 1800dpi one or the 3500dpi as replacement ? :p

Got one in the same condition here.

If not, the WD 40 fix seems reasonably effective. Just be careful removing the top two feel, and the sticker at the bottom. The one I got was out of warranty

wd40 fix is proper. i have already used it on 1 of the Da's i had. give it a day or 2 to settle.

also the issue will come back after 3-5 months.

Freaky said:
Did you send it on your own or through KMD ? How much did it cost ? And did you get the 1800dpi one or the 3500dpi as replacement ? :p

Got one in the same condition here.

well mine was 1800 and then i got 3500 as replacement :)
you can contact razer directly if u want or if u got it through Kmd then as him first. Or if u have the bill or any proof of purchase, you can directly go to nearby razer office and tell them about it !
I went to the razer guys directly !

It's strange how the Rs.600 ball mice of ages past never developed this issue.
Even the cheapo office use optical mice available today seem to be immune.

I am sticking to the latter from now onwards, this double-click issue imo is much worse than all the skipping one experiences with cheap optical mice. Specially if you aren't a heavy multiplayer gamer.

saumilsingh said:
It's strange how the Rs.600 ball mice of ages past never developed this issue.
Even the cheapo office use optical mice available today seem to be immune.

I am sticking to the latter from now onwards, this double-click issue imo is much worse than all the skipping one experiences with cheap optical mice. Specially if you aren't a heavy multiplayer gamer.

actually el'cheapo mice are more prone to such problem. The local gaming parlor here always buys cheap mice, and all of them will develop same problem within 3 months. Brands varies from intex, tech-com, iball, amigo and so on.

Logitech basic optical mice also has some other unique problem. The pointer will go for a walk by itself sometimes, even if mouse is still.

my razer salmosa is having the same issue in certain games. i bought it from prime abgb last may. whom do i contact to rma my razer mouse?

dOm1naTOr said:
actually el'cheapo mice are more prone to such problem. The local gaming parlor here always buys cheap mice, and all of them will develop same problem within 3 months. Brands varies from intex, tech-com, iball, amigo and so on.

Logitech basic optical mice also has some other unique problem. The pointer will go for a walk by itself sometimes, even if mouse is still.
Those are cyber-cafe mice used by who knows what kind of people and are never cleaned. God only knows what such mice may or may not do.

The other problem you mention is good ol' skipping. Usually keeping the mousepad clean keeps the tracking accurate.
Cheap mice will still skip when moved around too fast, but imo that's less annoying than random double-clicks.

I own a razer deathadder and i had this same problem just within a year of buying it. The warranty period was over so had to fix it myself. I knew the problem was with the microswitch, so i opened the mouse and went to Lamington Rd in mumbai and checked out few shops to get the switch replaced. I finally found a shop named " Music Masters" which had the exactly same micro switch. I purchased a few of them at just Rs.16 each!!! came home desoldered the faulty switch and soldered the new switch and the mouse is working just fine!!!

Hope this information is usefull.

arpan said:
I own a razer deathadder and i had this same problem just within a year of buying it. The warranty period was over so had to fix it myself. I knew the problem was with the microswitch, so i opened the mouse and went to Lamington Rd in mumbai and checked out few shops to get the switch replaced. I finally found a shop named " Music Masters" which had the exactly same micro switch. I purchased a few of them at just Rs.16 each!!! came home desoldered the faulty switch and soldered the new switch and the mouse is working just fine!!!
Hope this information is usefull.

Hmmm.. Now, which is better - Sending the mice to Razer or you ? :p

Btw, this is the reply that I've received from Razer support:

Hello,

We have released updated firmware for the DeathAdder that corrects the double-clicking issue. Please go to Razer DeathAdder Firmware v1.31(DC) to download and install the new firmware.

Your customer number is 400453243
Please refer to case #:: 401140843 if you have any further questions.

If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online at Razer Support. Please include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,
Matthew C. at Razer Technical Support
support-us@razersupport.com

The fw log does state that it fixes the issue. If its a h/w issue, how does it get fixed with a f/w update ? :S

read those links on debouncing that I posted. there is a bit of dsp done on the switch inputs. A little bit of changing the logic can make it less doubleclick prone ( at the cost of some speed)

My mouse was running 1.34 with DC. friends told me that NDC firmware was better. so reflashed to 1.33 NDC version FW. still no luck. Before you update your firmware, the sw will tell you your current FW version. if its higher, updating will not solve it. Also the updater did not work on win 7. had to do it on XP

tell them that you're already running a higher version FW if you are

Back