Razer Copperhead Gaming Mouse Review

Blade_Runner

Skilled
Razer Copperhead Gaming Mouse Review @ VRZone

We were very interested in this mouse as we wanted to see if it lives up to the hype surrounding it. Unlike the DiamondBack LE, this mouse uses Laser technology to power it's 2000 dpi sensor engine. This is one big step upwards, considering the Diamondback LE is only 1600dpi comparatively.

Also, the Copperhead features a 32K onboard non volatile memory. What does memory have to do with a mouse you might ask? This mouse can retain 5 of your gaming profiles set into the mouse. The next time you plug this same mouse into a different PC these profiles can be reloaded with the help of Razer Configurator software. That is quite a smart mouse eh?

Conclusion:

VrZone said:
Conclusion

The Razer Copperhead is surely a technological leader in the gaming peripheral industry. It excels in almost all fields, be it looks, technology, feel and comfort. With all the features and customizable options of this mouse, I'm pretty sure it will satisfy even the fussiest of the hardcore gamers.

With the special onboard memory, it removes the hassle of reprogramming the mouse when it gets ported over to another computer. A first of its kind for a mouse for sure. The pulsating beam on the logo is a nice touch in my opinion. In short, if you examine it closely, there are so many different assets its posesses when you compare it to the mouse you use at the office.

After that 5 pages on a mouse, many may be thinking "Overkill"? While this may ring true for some of us casual gamers... for the serious and aspiring professional gamers however, I can say for sure this IS the mouse to own.

95 Vrmarks and Editors Choice Gold Award :D

Source

saumilsingh said:
How much will this be priced at over the diamondback?
Have to decide between the the 2 before december.
The Msrp is said to be arnd 80$. 2k dpi is useless unless one is playing at insane resolutions in the excess of 1600*1200.

It seems it will only be available in October or so. Am planning to get the diamondback frm Icefusion if everything works out fine...dnt think i can wait so long for the copperhead. It looks really neat though

SunMysore said:
perfect for right handers....fits in perfectly.....the resolution switcher is a real boon....

Its more of a pain than boon if u are playing a really fast fps such as qw/q3/painkiller... if you touch it accidently (which happens very often since u'd be clicking the middle mouse quite a bit), everything goes haywire and its a perfect recipe for disaster! Best to disable it while playing twich fps games like that. For CS and the ilk, its perfect though! The basic reason why i got an MX510 and not 518 is this problem. Also most mx mice have this wierd problem of the left button sticking for the first week or two :p. After that, its a non issue. Also there is the negative acceleration issue if u use USB (using usb is a must if u want 800/1600 dpi). When turning the mouse at high speeds. If you move it too fast, it accelerates in the opposite direction making it feel horribly awkward. This can be solved by overclocking the usb report rate from the default 125 to 250 or 500. However all these problems are only a small sacrifice for the accuracy and speed you get with an mx. I can never go back to a normal optical mouse now.... not even the best microsoft mice like IE/IE3/IE4. The difference is way too much.

SunMysore said:
518 is 2800-2900 AFAIK....510 phased out i think..not sure
510 is not phased out yet... atleast all e-tailers abroad seem to have it in stock. However 510 ain't available in India. 518 can be had for <2500 bucks if u search hard enuf ;).

lol chaos the on the go resolution fly buttons are not that easily accesible and there is no way that you cud click them by accident while playing games. Atleast i havent had any problems with this.

@ switch: I got it for 2.5k sometime back. there is one for sale in the market as well.

Back