Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Watched 'I Am Sam' yesterday. Great acting by Sean Penn. Story is average. Very much liked it.
7/10.
Watched 'Mud' the day before. Beautiful.
7.5/10.
Watched 'Oblivion' last week. No comments.
4/10.

'Wreck it Ralph' - A so-so movie very much like 'Megamind' where bad guys can be good guys.

'The Last Stand'
Been a while since I saw an Arnie flick.

With an exception to a few films like Terminator 1 & 2, Total Recall etc., most of his movies have a missing script, bad acting, ham-fisted dialogues and loads of ACTION. All this make his movies fun to watch (I am sorry like horrible movies like - 'Dinocroc vs. Supergator' at times).

This movie too didn't disappoint on those grounds but could have used a bit more action. Everything is ridiculous in this movie.

List of Ridiculous stuff.
After a fantastic rescue operation the idiot decides to drive out of the country because he likes to drive.
Dumb FBI agents chasing a Corvette with nightvision in an helicopter without nightvision or heatvision. The spotter using Binoculars.
Treating a Corvette as if it was a Batmobile. Why didn't they send an FBI agent in a Viper?
The Bad guy know exactly where the road block will be. I know he had an informer but he didn't get real time data.
A similar scene later on where he takes out 2 SUVs.
How many bullets did the baddie have in his gun?
Nothing can match the batmobile oh wait a Camaro can.
1 minute there is no one on the bridge the baddie runs to the bridge and Arnie appears out of nowhere. I bet even Chuck Norris was laughing when he saw this.
Arnie takes out the knife out of his leg and puts it in the baddie's leg. I just couldn't stop laughing at this scene it was so juvenile. School kids fighting - You ate my cake I will eat yours...

A fun watch. If you don't like do what the FBI chief kept doing - Make a very angry face and get off your chair jerking it behind.

Wolverine - 4/10
mostly because of crappy 3D rendering by Spice cinemas, second half of the movie was so badly rendered that 3d glasses were causing intense blurring, many people were seen removing their 3d glasses. Also saw many incorrectly rendered scenes - (1 was when a lady's hand passed through a door !!)

Surprised no one here has seen/posted about Ship of Theseus

There are not many theaters that is showing the movie unfortunately. And they have been heavily banking on the crowd support for the release in some of the regions.

One of my seniors from graduation college was the assistant director for the movie. And he has been promoting it madly thru FB and Twitter. :p

EDIT: Latest update from him-

lzgZffY.png

Going this weekend!

wolverine : 6/10 : overall disappointed... but better than previous wolverine movie.

Mere dad ki maruti : 6.5/10 : entertaining, but was expecting more from it.

D-Day : 7.5/10 : good movie. Liked it. Ending though was a bit downer.

Aurangzeb : 7/10 : Good one time watch

Turbo : 7/10 : Good one time watch. The concept was bit extreme i.e. snail racing in F1 :-S, but enjoyable.

Loved the Wolverine. Jackman has really understood how to convey a wide range of emotions in just a few words - awesome. Can't imagine him in anything else! Plus the fact they captured the essence of Japan so well. Without being overbearing, you were constantly made aware of the fact that you were in Japan. Loved that bit.

A solid 8.5/10 from my side too.

OT: I am hoping against hope that they make a R rated Deadpool movie with Ryan Reynolds in it.

Ship of Theseus - went with a senior colleague who believes a lot in life, spirituality, philosophy and is yet logical and very practical (I know, difficult mix :p).

It was a wonderful experience. There aren't many movies out there that make you stop and think. The Theseus Paradox set the tone for the movie right from beginning to end. Wouldn't say this is a feel good movie but definitely one that makes you wonder

Wolverine - 7/10

It was a decent one time watch to be honest. The plot was very true to the comic and Jackman did the best he could with limited storyline to play with. I think people could see the end coming and hence it didn't catch the audience's attention as they had hoped. The 3D in this movie was average i felt.

'Bullet To The Head'

The movie was not so bad that you put a bullet through your head. There is nothing in this movie that you have not seen before. My only beef with this movie is the unnecessary nudity, don't get me wrong but you just can't recommend it to someone in case... or watch it in the Living room.

Conjuring - 7/10. Good but similar storyline has been done before many times by now. Slow first half, Lot of jumpy moments but nothing too scary, gory.

PS: Whats with guys nowdays screaming like little girls in theatre when a scary scene comes o_O

The Conjuring : 8/10... acting, graphics, cinematography was awesome. But story line could have been a little better. May be it was so because it was based on true story. Dont know that but it was said so in the movie.

Back