Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Finally saw, The Dark Knight Rises. Was like WTF, specially near the end. Such a dumb script, and why did we need red herrings in there. 5/10. And Bane, just vanishes to be replaced by another villain. Worst of the trio.

Come on dude.. it was Batman + Nolan.. :p
Frankly speaking, I had to pretend that i was reading a comic book to enjoy it. Tickets to theater dont come any cheap these days.. :)

Finally saw, The Dark Knight Rises. Was like WTF, specially near the end. Such a dumb script, and why did we need red herrings in there. 5/10. And Bane, just vanishes to be replaced by another villain. Worst of the trio.
I think this video will help you out, if you know what I mean ;)
Worst film from Nolan.

I hope Man of Steel doesnt turn this bad. New promos look good though.

True, I found Inception to be in the category too, in which I almost fell asleep...may be I did not see the deep meaning which others saw in it...! :)

Most of Nolan's movies are good enough to please the 'Smart Idiot'. But Memento and The Prestige are excellent and great, and I think Batman Begins is far better than the other two in the series.

True, I found Inception to be in the category too, in which I almost fell asleep...may be I did not see the deep meaning which others saw in it...! :)

You really fell asleep? On the contrary, I found it to be very engaging.
And I don't think there was any "deep meaning" to it.

And yeah I agree, Batman Begins and TDK were in a different league altogether as compared to TDKR, the latter being the only film I've seen of Nolan which was a disappointment.

Most of Nolan's movies are good enough to please the 'Smart Idiot'. But Memento and The Prestige are excellent and great, and I think Batman Begins is far better than the other two in the series.
Exactly. I find those three the best. In fact this week I shall be on a train for 5 hours. Plan to re-visit Batman Begins again, on my laptop. The Prestige is really well done.

You really fell asleep? On the contrary, I found it to be very engaging.
And I don't think there was any "deep meaning" to it.

Yea, it seemed to go, on and on. :)

main-qimg-67fac4490fe84fe5fa6a7ce9ce1cced1

Anyone here saw movie Sehar ? starring Arshad Warsi & Pankaj Kapoor, released in 2005 I guess.

Firstly it's based on a true story. from wikipedia :

And in the process, what unfolds is the ever-changing dynamics of Uttar Pradesh's Siyaasat: railway contracts, ISI involvement, Politician-Mafia-Police-Builder nexus, pro-activism of criminal gangs, sophisticated yet rigid red tape and criminalization of university students.

The amount of research they have done is really awesome. If you have seen & liked movies like Gulaal & GOW, this is a must watch for you.

An excellent movie. I give 8/10.

and this one track from Life of Pi :

I likey ;-)

Anyone here saw movie Sehar ? starring Arshad Warsi & Pankaj Kapoor, released in 2005 I guess.

The amount of research they have done is really awesome. If you have seen & liked movies like Gulaal & GOW, this is a must watch for you.

An excellent movie. I give 8/10.

Sehar is probably one of the most underrated movies in Bollywood. Arshad Warsi's performance and the no-nonsense direction is right up there with actors like Aamir Khan and his movie Sarfarosh(if that was the name). A classic case of how luck plays its part in deciding who rules the roost in Bollywood.

Anyone who reads this should procure it and watch it.

Anyone from UP(who grew up in that time) will tell you how well made Sehar was .. the formation of the STF and encounters that followed .. Loved the movie

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone from UP(who grew up in that time) will tell you how well made Sehar was .. the formation of the STF and encounters that followed .. Loved the movie

I have seen Gulaal .. Gulaal was intense and had no repeat value for me. Sehar on the other hand built itself slowly, and keeps a very consistent story. A movie to watch over and over again.

I am willing to purchase a proper BR disc of the movie once it shows up. I end up watching it once every 2-3 months. A very well made and an excellent movie. Cant rate it tbh.

The chaste language used will make any North Indian, who has been brought up on staple Hindustani dialect, admire it to the core.

I have seen Gulaal .. Gulaal was intense and had no repeat value for me. Sehar on the other hand built itself slowly, and keeps a very consistent story. A movie to watch over and over again.

I am willing to purchase a proper BR disc of the movie once it shows up. I end up watching it once every 2-3 months. A very well made and an excellent movie. Cant rate it tbh.

The chaste language used will make any North Indian, who has been brought up on staple Hindustani dialect, admire it to the core.

+1. Sehar is really well made movie. Thanks for reminding.

/Off to buy the DVD.

Gulaal started of well, than transitioned into utter stupidity, I guess you would agree to that. They seemed to keep changing the back drop, which was irritating, and the Rajput angle was way way over done. Not talking about correct/incorrect (that is PoV), but how they portrayed it...looked fictional and fabricated.

Never heard of Sehar. Is it 'UP-swear-word' free. Cause: else I will not watch it. I just cannot tolerate Hindi swear words in movies. That is why, Omkara is one of my most hated movies, till date.

Andy Serkis - :hail:

The best mo-cap actor out there bar none! The gollum's sequences were just brilliant!

I think you should be giving as much credit to the animators as well, if not more. Serkis' mo cap data is a starting point which is then refined by animators. So it's anybody's guess as to who should be given more credit.

Back