Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

I really wonder if III parts were needed, or they are milking it.

They are milking it for sure. Have you read The Hobbit? I think ~5hrs are max what one needs to put the story out clearly. Maybe they're using the TV approach for the big screen here.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 8/10

I was a bit skeptical how Dr. Watson would portray the role of Bilbo Baggins knowing that he had some big shoes to fill since the role in the previous trilogy was played by the legendary Ian Holm. But he did quite well IMO. The costumes of the dwarves were fantastic! Without doubt, the movie is a definitive contender for the category of VFX and Costume Designs for the Oscars this year. But some parts of the movie felt a bit boring and stretched.

Andy Serkis - :hail:

The best mo-cap actor out there bar none! The gollum's sequences were just brilliant!

Hobbit : 9/10.. Loved it. The VFX were great, but the movie ended prematurely. The audience were just sitting thinking more will come and the movie ended. They are definitely milking it. But its not bad either having three movies as they are good to watch anytime.:)

They are milking it for sure. Have you read The Hobbit? I think ~5hrs are max what one needs to put the story out clearly. Maybe they're using the TV approach for the big screen here.

Yea, have read it all. That is why I feel it is going to be stretched at parts. Read that Thorin Oakenshield has been done well. Interested for that.

The Hobbit - 8/10. For anybody remotely interested in fantasy, it's a must watch. Definitely not at the scale of LoTR, but neither is the book. Movie doesn't takes itself very seriously, and does seem a bit stretched, specially in the beginning. But overall, great movie. Gollum's facial expressions = :scared14: Amazing !
And yeah, Thorin is done really well. Plus them orcs are so dumb. :p

You secretly like Himesh? :p

I liked the... um.. cinematography on the huge PVR screen... :ashamed: Lonely-Song-Wallpaper-Khiladi-786.jpg

anybody watched looper? watched it yesterday.. overall intelligent story but it's one of those movie wherein a little thinking is required. Also so many murders.. :(, 7.5/10

Finally saw, The Dark Knight Rises. Was like WTF, specially near the end. Such a dumb script, and why did we need red herrings in there. 5/10. And Bane, just vanishes to be replaced by another villain. Worst of the trio.

@sunny27 Sure it was over hyped, but to some consolation it was not horrible either.
That is what one can expect from Nolan average--overhyped movie.

On another thought will you put Prometheus in the same league as Dark Knight Rises, if not I can post pone it indefinitely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time well spent and enjoyment is after all what matters.
Have quite a lot of movies lined up to watch in the next three days making up for a weeks drought, so wanted to make sure there aren't any flash in the pan kinda movies.

Expendables 2, The (2012 R 7.1) - 6/10 - Great Yankee Action ,immensely entertaining
Savages (2012 R 6.6) - 5/10 - Been There Seen That
Ted (2012 R 7.4) - 7/10 - Freaking Hilarious
Total Recall (2012 PG-13 6.3) - 4/10 - (2 Marks Each for Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsle) ; S#it
ParaNorman (2012 PG 7.3) - 6.5/10 - Morbid and Funny,Climax is amazingly Non-Pixarish
Premium Rush (2012 PG-13 6.7) - 6.5/10 - Fancy,Reminded Me of Crank
Bourne Legacy, The (2012 PG-13 6.8) - 5/10 - No freaking Legacy this, I tell you that
Brave (2012 PG 7.3) - 6/10 - Same Old pixar Goodness...Yawn..
Hope Springs (2012 PG-13 6.5) - 6.5/10 - Maryl Streep <3 <3<3 Uffff...
Lawless (2012 R 7.4) - 6/10 - S#it I watched Boardwalk Empire Before :(

sunny27 Sure it was over hyped, but to some consolation it was not horrible either.
That is what one can expect from Nolan average--overhyped movie.

On another thought will you put Prometheus in the same league as Dark Knight Rises, if not I can post pone it indefinitely.

True, I found Inception to be in the category too, in which I almost fell asleep...may be I did not see the deep meaning which others saw in it...! :)

@asingh - I call it the apple effect - even if rubbish is peddled by nolan/apple/etc people lap it up and can see no further. they see deep meaning and extreme significance in all the minute things and changes(iterations in the case of apple) and read a lot into them. for most of us normal people with meaningful lives, we can but wonder at them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally saw, The Dark Knight Rises. Was like WTF, specially near the end. Such a dumb script, and why did we need red herrings in there. 5/10. And Bane, just vanishes to be replaced by another villain. Worst of the trio.

yeah the movie totally sucked wtf was going on
it was made just to milk $$$ from the fanboys

Prometheous , TDKR , Expendables 2 all in the same league
Too High expectations :annoyed:

Back