Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

sabby

ex-Mod
Jun 13, 2009
Bangalore
Was watching some of the Avengers movie with my friends..this time with Subtitles On.

In Thor, initially when Thor is talking to Agent Coulson, he call him Son of Coul many times. Also, in Avengers near the end, when Iron Man is about to fly up with Hawkeye, to take him up to stark tower, he says - Clench up Legolas. I lost my shit laughing. :D

The whole Avengers movie had many such dialogues / scene. The best for me was - " Does mother know, you wereth her drapes?" :rofl:

kippu

Skilled
Dec 28, 2006
life of pi : absolute CG goodness ,if you can sit through the first hour which sets up the story ahead , but when the storm hits the boat , amazing ...... totally floored

ps:totally biased review as i have lots of friends who worked on it :p

sandy453

Adept
Nov 21, 2006
life of pi (3D) 9/10 for the absolute brilliant story telling and direction. -1 for the 3D effects were not as good as Avatar.

raptor3624

Adept
Sep 23, 2007
Jab Tak Hain Jaan - 3/10. What a shitty movie. Even the girls who I went with started yawning and cursing the movie post interval! I was like 'serves you right for blackmailing em to come with you guys".

hgps

Disciple
Oct 1, 2011
Shutter island 10/10
Madagascar 2 : 9/10
Madagascar 3 : 9/10
Up : 7/10
Enemy at gate : 6/10
Around the world in 80days: 5.5/10

Dark Star

ex-Mod
May 7, 2006
Brave - 4 / 10

A pathetic story except for the end, there is nothing strong about the movie. Even the graphics seems way off and isn't a bit attractive

Too much hyped ! Not worth watching !

prabs

Skilled
Jul 24, 2006
To all those who saw 'Jab Tak hai Jaan' - Kudos because you guys had the guts to watch a movie that I don't want to watch in my worse nightmare :hail:

To all those who plan to see 'Jab Tak hai Jaan' - Seriously - What are you a glutton for punishment? :annoyed:

Fortunately my last movie happens to be 'Well Done Abba' -

The movie seemed a share a few similarities with 'Khosla Ka Ghosla' -
In both movies they show the corruption and its' effect on the society in a very sarcastic manner.
They both show that corruption is wide spread, accepted and the common man generally rather really has no choice but to play by the rules of these corrupt individuals.
Each person in power irrespective of his/her position or amount of power likes to flex his/her muscles and benefit in any manner they can.
The victims then set out to outsmart this set of corrupt people and succeed.
In both cases the route the victims take to get what they want seems too far fetched but if you want to believe that it can work you can do that as well.
Overall both movies leave you with a good feeling that you watched something substantial and not another puke on the canvas they call a movie these days.

'Well Done Abba' is a good movie in my opinion and is definitely worth watching if you liked 'Khosla Ka Ghosla'.

Note - "What are you a glutton for punishment?" - was said by fake Arnie to fake Jesus in 'Terminator Parody'.