Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Dhamaka - https://www.netflix.com/title/81423086
Good movie to watch . the first half of the move is amazing but somehow not able to end it that way, due to the political environment in India. Showing a true reflection of Indian TV channels.
Definitely worth watch.

i was skipping this movie for some obvious reason . wil give it a try..
Dhamaka first half was really good, later half they screwed.. Even climax was something expected..

I watched the whole Star Wars series again after a long time and, I know I am going to ruffle a few feathers with this statement, but again, I felt that I/II/III were far better than the original IV/V/VI.
In fact the original movies had so little story that they felt only slightly better than the recently launched ones.

I guess, I just feel that the story of Anakin Skywalker has been told much better than that of Luke Skywalker. In fact, even the new movies show a lot of details about Jedi life whereas the training part shown for Luke was barely for a few minutes. The original movies felt a little bit rushed to me as they tried to cram a lot of stuff into just 3 movies. Of course, all of this only holds true because of the way the later movies and then the awesome animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars got made and gave us a lot more insight into Anakin's life whereas Luke only got those 3 movies. If only treating the first 3 movies as standalone, then they definitely are pretty good.

I watched the whole Star Wars series again after a long time and, I know I am going to ruffle a few feathers with this statement, but again, I felt that I/II/III were far better than the original IV/V/VI.
In fact the original movies had so little story that they felt only slightly better than the recently launched ones.

I guess, I just feel that the story of Anakin Skywalker has been told much better than that of Luke Skywalker. In fact, even the new movies show a lot of details about Jedi life whereas the training part shown for Luke was barely for a few minutes. The original movies felt a little bit rushed to me as they tried to cram a lot of stuff into just 3 movies. Of course, all of this only holds true because of the way the later movies and then the awesome animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars got made and gave us a lot more insight into Anakin's life whereas Luke only got those 3 movies. If only treating the first 3 movies as standalone, then they definitely are pretty good.
If you are doing a comparison between only the story board for Luke and Anakin, then maybe although the latter ones were atrocious when it came to the actual script and acting. The latter three were mostly to do with the transition of Anakin to Darth. The only character I remember from those was the jarring Jar Jar Binks..eh. The original three were not just about Luke but the struggle for the resistance. Then you gotta consider the production values, budget and advances made. No wonder the originals deserve their cult status as they brought so many memorable characters to life. My favourite will always be the Return of the Jedi. The recent ones except perhaps for Rogue One were meh. I mean the best they could come up with was Babu Frik.

Last edited:
MDb score
Lol please don't check IMDB in this year 2021. It's a paid services just like google play store, twitter trends, etc. better check KRK reviews :D
The PR companies are taking all over the internet rating and reviews. everything is paid.

Rotten tomatoes is good., TMDB was somewhat good, but now its invaded by 2/- per rating guys due to its open platform and implementation in many apps.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dhamaka - had given it 4/10

Lol please don't check IMDB in this year 2021. It's a paid services just like google play store, twitter trends, etc. better check KRK reviews :D
The PR companies are taking all over the internet rating and reviews. everything is paid.

Rotten tomatoes is good., TMDB was somewhat good, but now its invaded by 2/- per rating guys due to its open platform and implementation in many apps.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dhamaka - had given it 4/10
Yeah, the rating mechanism of these sites have gone to the dogs. Ratings and reviews turn up even before the movie is released .. lol. Need to take those with loads of salt .. I tend to look at the critics ratings even though those are paid / biased; at least they have greater number of lines than the one liners. Any links to decent spoiler free movie critic sites are welcome even if they are paid/biased.

If you are doing a comparison between only the story board for Luke and Anakin, then maybe although the latter ones were atrocious when it came to the actual script and acting. The latter three were mostly to do with the transition of Anakin to Darth. The only character I remember from those was the jarring Jar Jar Binks..eh. The original three were not just about Luke but the struggle for the resistance. Then you gotta consider the production values, budget and advances made. No wonder the originals deserve their cult status as they brought so many memorable characters to life. My favourite will always be the Return of the Jedi. The recent ones except perhaps for Rogue One were meh. I mean the best they could come up with was Babu Frik.
It is said by many people that it also depends on which trilogy you watched first. People who watched in the release order always felt that 4/5/6 were better whereas people like me who watched in chronological order felt 1/2/3 were better. Like I said, for me, the story of Anakin is more fleshed out, especially if one goes on to watch the animated series, whereas Luke's story is a little limited. I am guessing it is more about the Rebel forces than Luke in the former releases whereas Anakin is the clear central character in the later releases.
And you are right, the production development that had happened which allowed hugely better CGI in the later releases does definitely factor in, but it's more about which order one watched the movies in.

Venom : Let there be Carnage .. More like Let there be garbage. Not even 5% of the original. The Eddie-Venom bromance kind of gets on your nerves. Wasted opportunity. Probably the most interesting bit was the after credits. Please skip over to that even if it does not reveal much.

Venom : Let there be Carnage .. More like Let there be garbage. Not even 5% of the original. The Eddie-Venom bromance kind of gets on your nerves. Wasted opportunity. Probably the most interesting bit was the after credits. Please skip over to that even if it does not reveal much.
Totally agree, I was waiting for this movie for a long time and watched during business hours dam it was such a mistake. Original Venom don't have the powers that his bi-product have :banghead: senseless. If they brought few alians from there planet and let them fight with venom that would have been much better plot then what they made.

The Last Duel- 8/10

I daresay Ridley Scott made a great movie again.

Thanks to the person on previous page for suggesting Army of Thieves, it's a fantastic movie. 9/10

And, Tick Tick Boom: 10/10. Didn't know Andrew Garfield could sing.

Watched it and liked it pretty well which is a bit odd for me as I don't usually like musicals.

The last one that I tried watching was the Lin Manuel Miranda movie about Brooklyn which I gave up on halfway through.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Last edited:
Finally watched Suicide Squad, and dare I say it's so ridiculous that it's good. A way better watch than that Shang Ching Ring Ring Marvel crap.

The Last Duel- 8/10

I daresay Ridley Scott made a great movie again.

Watched it and liked it pretty well which is a bit odd for me as I don't usually like musicals.

The last one that I tried watching was the Lin Manuel Miranda movie about Brooklyn which I gave up on halfway through.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
You are welcome. I myself don't like musicals much.

Watched The Last Duel few days back and didn't really like it. I mean it's well presented and all, but couldn't quite fit Bourne and Affleck in their respective characters. Jodie Comer was the reason I didn't give up in middle while Adam Driver was just fine. A 6/10 from me. Would have been less if it weren't for the emotion for Ridley Scott.

House of Gucci : 6/10. Ok watch. More style than substance. Ensemble casting but felt some of the performances were not upto the mark. A wooden Adam Driver and an unrecognizable Jared Leto.

Back