Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Satyagraha - 5/10
After watching the movie it feels that it was inspired with the Lokpal movement by Shri Anna Hazare (The formation of the party at the end by Arjun Rampal) and the Father of the Nation Mr. Gandhi (Amitabh taking support by keeping his hands on the shoulders of Kareena and Amruta Rao) + Prakash Jha type Filmi Tadka. Manoj Bajpayee is such a fine actor but his acting skills were wasted in this film by giving him the same typecasted negative role as in Aarakshan.

Europa Report (2013) 8/10. If you like deep space movies, don't miss this one. Movie has strong casting and approach is fresh. A crew is sent to Europa (Jupiter's moon) to ET life forms.

Spoilers ahead -----------------------------------------

Europa report was fine, nothing special. For a low budget movie, the CGI was very good and the exploration/space lingo part was good. However, the way crew behaved in the abnormal fashion after arriving on Europa was totally bizarre. One girl walked into her own death pit because she was feeling all "transcendent" in that moment. Also, the ending was cliched as i was totally expecting a "Sea monster" at the end lingering beneath the ice.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Worlds End - 9/10.

Last part in the trilogy after Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz :)
I didn't know the third movie in the Cornetto trilogy was out! Loved the first two (have the DVDs of both) and wasn't keeping track of the release of this one. I'll have to get this now!

'Meghe Dhaka Tara' (2013) - Ironically is based on the Director's life who made 'Meghe Dhaka Tara' in 1960.

An excellent movie and those who subbed the movie did a great job but still there are instances where the sub-titles can't exactly convey what is being said. Not to mention the way the movie tells you the story makes it even more difficult to understand as there are 3/4 stories related to the same person being told concurrently. At first it was a bit difficult to figure out when the movie moved to the past or a hallucination or dream and it moved so seamlessly between them that you would be left confused if you didn't pay attention. Another thing is that to understand this movie you should have some knowledge of Bengal's past.

In short it is a fantastic movie but to understand it better you should have some knowledge of the backdrop, Ritwik Ghatak and understand Bengali as you will need to pay more attention on what is happening on screen than focus on the sub-titles.

Man of steel - 7/10
There were some prolonging fighting scenes which felt unnecessary and sort of fillers else it was a good one time watch movie.

After earth - 7/10
One time watch, felt it was much inspired from Avatar.

Last edited:
After earth - 7/10
One time watch, felt it was much inspired from Avatar.[/quote]

It was Will Smith tribute to his son :p
Crap Movie, and the kids acting was terrible.

Gravity - Holy Shit/10! AKA
stop-watching-movies-if-you-don't-watch-this/10.

Excellent! Even the critics seem to share the same opinion.

After watching the first trailer at the theater, we have our hopes set high. Unfortunately, it is releasing only on the next week, i.e. 11th.

Excellent! Even the critics seem to share the same opinion.

After watching the first trailer at the theater, we have our hopes set high. Unfortunately, it is releasing only on the next week, i.e. 11th.

I thought it was the 4th? A couple of friends were talking about going.

Where did you see this? I've heard comments like 3D was made for this and stuff.

I cant seem to locate any shows in Delhi, Release date is 4th Oct :facepalm:

I caught the early screening in the US on the 3rd.

And definitely watch it in 3D. The 3D added a lot to the feeling of isolation the movie is set up to create.

I thought it was the 4th? A couple of friends were talking about going.

It was 4th but these buggers haven't released it here in Surat this weekend. :( PVR says next change. It has released on all major cities and metros though.

Definitely on PVR Bombay because I checked today morn.

Back