Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

I have read this 2-3 times. I absolutely enjoyed watching Brave. The kids did not have an American accent, there was loads of humour and brilliant animation. The climax could have been a tad bit better but it was still worth watching.
It was pretty meh and on par with the new Shrek movies. Not what people have come to expect from Pixar; the studio that gave us Ratatouille, Up and Toy Story.

Tbh, I don't know how that ridiculous script ever got greenlit in the first place. Then followed the firing of director Brenda Chapman half way through production which only reaffirms the feeling that Pixar themselves weren't satisfied with how it was turning out and tried to salvage whatever they could. And that's exactly what it feels like when you watch the movie, random bits and pieces that don't fit well together (hell even the title doesn't fit the plot).

Pixar releases used to be a must watch each year. Now after Cars 2 and Brave, I think they might be losing their touch. They're still good but very hit & miss like Dreamworks tends to be.

I love animated movies - both CG and stop motion - as it's the one area that has a consistently high rate of good quality movies produced as compared to the usual trash that Hollywood puts out.
So when mediocrity invades in here too, it just feels that much worse.

It was pretty meh and on par with the new Shrek movies. Not what people have come to expect from Pixar; the studio that gave us Ratatouille, Up and Toy Story.

Tbh, I don't know how that ridiculous script ever got greenlit in the first place. Then followed the firing of director Brenda Chapman half way through production which only reaffirms the feeling that Pixar themselves weren't satisfied with how it was turning out and tried to salvage whatever they could. And that's exactly what it feels like when you watch the movie, random bits and pieces that don't fit well together (hell even the title doesn't fit the plot).

Pixar releases used to be a must watch each year. Now after Cars 2 and Brave, I think they might be losing their touch. They're still good but very hit & miss like Dreamworks tends to be.

I love animated movies - both CG and stop motion - as it's the one area that has a consistently high rate of good quality movies produced as compared to the usual trash that Hollywood puts out.

Wow, you are involved on another level with these animation movies. No arguments from me here. For me, a few jokes, some heartfelt moments and good animation is usually enough.

Not to incite you more, but I really felt that UP was hyped way more than it should have been. Ratatouille and Toy Story are right there on top of my list though.

I found Cars 2 to be pretty good. And I couldn't remember any Dreamworks SKG movie that was subpar from the last few yrs. I think they actually might take over the best animation studio place from Pixar

Can't agree more. Its very rare to find an animated movie to be bad.

Life of Pi - 9/10

It's a story of innocence of a child, how he sees the world, explores religions...then, ships, storms and shipwreck and a great survival story.

It's a 4D movie, because Ang Lee to introduces us an entirely new dimension of visual experience. There are so many visually enchanting frames, colors and animals. The 3D effects are not as great as Avatar, however it is computer graphics which takes it to an entirely new level. The lush 3D cinematography and seamless visual effects combine to creat an abundance of powerful imagery. Two eyes are not just enough to see it. Ang Lee has set a new bar. Main attraction of the movie is a computer generated Tiger. Just leaves you speechless.

The movie is about faith, perception and truth.

In midst of all mind blowing graphics and visually stunning images, the movie asks about faith in God and it tries to explain in its own way and leaves audience in a question.

Please do NOT watch in dabba theatres / screens, it's makes a diffrence. A lot.

Life Of Pi, a visually stunning brilliant masterpiece which you shouldn't even think of missing it. A must watch !!

(via my FB status)

21 Jump Street : 7/10

Comedy bombs one after another. Really did not expect this one to be as good as it was, I was expecting yet another tired forced comedy.
Even Ice Cube was good in this movie!

Not to incite you more, but I really felt that UP was hyped way more than it should have been. Ratatouille and Toy Story are right there on top of my list though.
The issue with Up is it had to live up to itself. The first 10 minutes of Up are one of the most well executed moments in movies. Then comes the rest of the movie which as good as it was couldn't hope to top the beginning. Any time one watches the movie, they can't help but compare it to the beginning.

The issue with Up is it had to live up to itself. The first 10 minutes of Up are one of the most well executed moments in movies. Then comes the rest of the movie which as good as it was couldn't hope to top the beginning. Any time one watches the movie, they can't help but compare it to the beginning.

They made me shed man-tears. :(

Saw Life of Pi again ! Same extraordinary experience :D

Can't get enough of this movie. Is it possible to have a memory chip inside my brain which could store all the visual imagery which I see ? Because that would be awesome.

This is the first song :

In Time
9/10
Absolutely novel concept and breath taking story, its good for people who love to watch something out of the box.

Skyfall
Not worth rating as I wasted 3 hours of my life wondering "Whats with this?"

Saints & Soldiers (Something like that sorry saw some time back :s)
9/10
A world War 2 based movie showing that humanity exists in the middle of the a war

Red Tails
8/10
Sorta fine movie, its about black pilots protecting and serving america during the war

- - - Updated - - -

I'm thinking of watching Life of Pie.But I'm watching it in 2D for sure.I hate 3D.

Its "pi" and not Apple Pie.

Back