Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Jakob

Skilled
May 13, 2011
Mumbai
Contagion-7/10,Good movie,story line could've been more interesting,Actors were good especially jude law,Lot of times it felt like i'm watching a documentary.

devesh38

Adept
Sep 11, 2008
Mumbai
Don 2.. 6/10.. better than most of the hindi movie released lately. Direction wise it takes up the bar. But everything fails. Didnt like it that much.

Spacescreamer

ex-Mod
Jan 23, 2006
Contagion - 7.3/10

Ip Man 1 - 7.6/10

Moneyball - 8.2/10

It's a wonderful life - 8.2/10

Undisputed 1,2,3 - Leave the first one. The other two are totally worth it. Scott Adkins is a revelation.. Tremendous!

pinga123 said:
I dont know how you guys tolerate SRK these days.....:S

1) Thanking God that he is either on tv/radio.

2) Turning the device's switch to off.

mathrisk

.: deleted :.
Adept
Mar 17, 2008
Bangalore
www.thefinsight.com
Don2 - I slept in theater after long time (last bolly flick I slept was LOC :p) 2/10

Contagion - decent watch - 7/10

Drive - I liked this movie. 7.5/10

MI4 - had high expectations which eventually ruined my experience. 6.5/10

Blitz - decent watch. 6/10

Super 8 - didn't liked much. 5.5/10

(movies watched in last 10/15 days)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

pinga123 said:
I dont know how you guys tolerate SRK these days.....:S

I went for D2 because of Farhan Akhtar. Damn...even he sucked with SRK.

phoenix844884

The Analyst
Skilled
Apr 5, 2009
New Delhi/Chicago
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - 9/10

Possibly one of the best movies of 2011. The lead female actor just might get an Oscar for her work. What a movie, what a story, what direction, what acting. Daniel Craig was, well, just like himself. The other cast was good too. Usually when movies based off books come out and by the time I go watch it, I have already read the book. The rare occasion when it so happens that I didn't read the book beforehand, then reading the book is somewhat boring. But not in this case, I am raring to buy that book tomorrow and read it. Awesome!

Dhrubo

Disciple
Apr 28, 2010
^the book might bore you at times, but I will say hang on for the good parts. This one has one heck of a story line. I finished it last week and into the sequel now.

Sei

Skilled
Aug 14, 2006
Pune
Don 2 - 1/10

I slept for good 10 minutes before I was woken up by the (not-required) chase sequences.

I should have known it was going to turn out bad when I saw Pooja Mishra entering the same theater to watch it.:'(

viralbug

Skilled
Mar 7, 2007
Navi Mumbai
phoenix844884 said:
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - 9/10

Possibly one of the best movies of 2011. The lead female actor just might get an Oscar for her work. What a movie, what a story, what direction, what acting. Daniel Craig was, well, just like himself. The other cast was good too. Usually when movies based off books come out and by the time I go watch it, I have already read the book. The rare occasion when it so happens that I didn't read the book beforehand, then reading the book is somewhat boring. But not in this case, I am raring to buy that book tomorrow and read it. Awesome!
Dhrubo said:
^the book might bore you at times, but I will say hang on for the good parts. This one has one heck of a story line. I finished it last week and into the sequel now.

The books are amazing and totally mindblowing!!!! I'm really eager to watch the movie and see to what extent they given justice to the books.

The story gets better as you read in the sequels. :D

rdst_1

Skilled
May 10, 2009
I have read all the books and they are truly insightful into investigative journalism.

However i can't get myself to watch the movie as you just cannot create the same effect in a movie.

All the HP and the Twilight movies are a testament to that fact.

It might be a good movie but the ones who have read the books will always come out of the hall a little dissapointed.

Sent from a Galaxy in the S2 system

Superbad

Skilled
May 26, 2009
Sei said:
Don 2 - 1/10

I slept for good 10 minutes before I was woken up by the (not-required) chase sequences.

I should have known it was going to turn out bad when I saw Pooja Mishra entering the same theater to watch it.:'(

:sos: :fear: spare me :p

eggman

Adept
Dec 4, 2007
Guys! I'm in that weird mood again !! I need some really really good psychological thriller specifically cerebral horrors. Like in the line of Videodrome,The Fly , Dead Ringers, Jacob's Ladder, The Game or so...Of course Cronenberg's and Lynch's works are already done with !! Any suggestions plz . Any language movie would do

Downloading Cronenberg's works again in desperation

quixand

Skilled
Mar 9, 2011
thegatekeeper said:
Contagion-7/10,Good movie,story line could've been more interesting,Actors were good especially jude law,Lot of times it felt like i'm watching a documentary.

I thought it was very interesting.

Underlined - That's Steven Soderbergh's trademark style.