Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

From what i heard, they are pretty much worth it. Watch it for the content and not the gfx. (as i was told. I havent seen them myself.)
Even the gfx in hollow man sucked when i watched it 2 days back.

Watch them in the order they came out. They were made according to a plan and you mustnt take any other route.

XTechManiac said:
Guys, I have never watched Star Wars movie, but had heard alot about them. :ashamed:

My question is, are they really worth watching? I mean, those special effects must be terrible by now? Also, I think there are 3 new films then 3 old films? So, in which order should I watch them? The names are just messing me up. Like the oldest movie is IV: A New Hope. :|

They are absolutely worth the watch, cause a whole new universe is created and spans a lot of galaxies. You should absolutely not watch them in the order they came out. The latter productions are actually prequels and tell about the childhood/life of Anakin Skywalker. Part three of the new batch ends with the birth of the hero of the first movie from the first batch. Basically when the initial movie came out (New Hope) people like Darth Vader much more than Han Solo and Luke Skywalker, Vader went on to get cult status.

Order would be:

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

Revenge of the Sith

A New Hope

Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

asingh said:
They are absolutely worth the watch, cause a whole new universe is created and spans a lot of galaxies. You should absolutely not watch them in the order they came out.
Yaar i rem pretty sure that a similar query was asked and it was clearly mentioned not to disturb the order..as in the way they were released.
Are you sure about this ?? :huh:

Many people say that the modern Star Wars movies - the prequels - are a pile of crap. Most recommend to just stick to the original trilogy and drop the new/recent ones. Basically, A New Hope > The Empire Strikes Back > Return of the Jedi. So guys, are the new one really worth watching? Don't want to waste time.

Confession time: I call myself movie buff, but had never watched Godfather either. Just LOTR(which I loved :p). FML.

Hehe.. Yes. Its hard to keep the expectation low once u read/hear so much praise and good reviews about a movie. But that high expectations can drive some people away if nothing happens in the movie for 15-20 minutes and whatever happens after that is not much. But still WARRIOR movie is the best for this year till now. Still some scenes are revolving in my head.
scottwilly said:
How can someone keep his expectations low with this kind of praise from you?
I also watched it and its really nice.
Warrior 9/10

Spacescreamer said:
Yaar i rem pretty sure that a similar query was asked and it was clearly mentioned not to disturb the order..as in the way they were released.

I am 100% sure about this. :)

Major Spoiler...so if not seen do not click. Just to kill the cat...

A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi tell about Luke Skywalker who is Anakin Skywalker's son [Darth Vader]. Now in these series it is told that Vader was a noble Jedi once upon a time, but people are never told how he went to the Dark Side. The hero of the movie is Luke Skywalker. Now, the latter movies (production wise) The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith show the childhood of Anakin, how he becomes a Jedi and how he actually become a dark Lord. So is it not correct to watch the 'newer' ones first. The last one RotS, shows the birth of Anakin Skywalker's kids but he is not aware of them.

XTechManiac said:
Many people say that the modern Star Wars movies - the prequels - are a pile of crap. Most recommend to just stick to the original trilogy and drop the new/recent ones. Basically, A New Hope > The Empire Strikes Back > Return of the Jedi. So guys, are the new one really worth watching? Don't want to waste time.

Confession time: I call myself movie buff, but had never watched Godfather either. Just LOTR(which I loved :p). FML.

The GF series are works of art. Believe me.

Altair said:
I should start with The Phantom menace or A new hope? :S

Skip the prequels. Watch the originals first. It's not necessary to watch them in chronological order to understand since the prequels were an after-thought in order to milk more money out of the franchise.

XTechManiac said:

You haven't watch'd God Father?? :O Man those were movies which are called GOLDEN one's.

P.S-WTH am i complaining even i haven't watch'd those.:ashamed: Have Blueray one's but the year 70's are stopping me.

Star Wars is Classic!

God Father (1 and 2) are Classic!

=========================================

Rise of The Planet of Apes - 8.75/10 (Excellent bordering superb)

Spacescreamer said:
You are right. The order should indeed not be disturbed. While you will obviously get the hang of the storyline from the beginning if you start with the prequels, it takes away the whole charm. Watching the character of Darth Vader develop from his childhood was thrilling for people like me who were absolutely floored by the Darth in Episode IV: A New Hope and in later sequels. The original trilogy had a fair bit of character development which the later prequel trilogy lacked. To be honest, Episode I and II sucked to the core with only Episode III being a bit rejuvenating (the only think i liked about those were the Master Yoda lightsaber fights and the emergence of Darth Vader). There is a reason why critics and fans alike vouch for the original trilogy over the later one. Start with the original and then watch the later parts, you'll get the point.
And the GFX are fine, certainly not great by todays standards but good enough. Overall even today i think the original trilogy offers a better movie watching experience than the later GFX-overloaded prequel trilogy.

Altair said:
You haven't watch'd God Father?? :O Man those were movies which are called GOLDEN one's.

P.S-WTH am i complaining even i haven't watch'd those.:ashamed: Have Blueray one's but the year 70's are stopping me.

Strange reason to skip a Classic. Get started with 70's at least. There are many good to great films from the 1960's all the way back to 1910's to catch up :p

Altair said:

Even if 40 years old, they are better than most of the stuff which has come out since then. Classic. Pure. They are not action movies though. If the genre satisfies your palate it is the way to go.

Other great movies from that era -

Dog day afternoon

Serpico

Scarface

Taxi Driver

All the presidents men

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Le Mans - Steve McQueen - 9/10 -the competition among drivers at the world's most fierce and famous 24 hour endurance race i.e. The LeMans - Pure racing action. Its more like a documentary with action - a bit like Ayrton Senna's documentary titled Senna.

The Porsche(917) with the gulf paint scheme has gone on to become the most loved and the most sought racing livery.

Bluffmaster said:
^Yes, 1970's was a golden period for films. Here check this out : Best/Worst "1970s" Titles

I know i have seen a very few of them...but most of them i found was a bit boring.

quixand said:
Other great movies from that era -

Dog day afternoon

Serpico

Scarface

Taxi Driver

All the presidents men

Yeah seen Scarface and Taxi driver...will look for the others.

asingh said:
Even if 40 years old, they are better than most of the stuff which has come out since then. Classic. Pure. They are not action movies though. If the genre satisfies your palate it is the way to go.

I know i found some of the movies good. But most of them are not of my taste actually.

esanthosh said:
Strange reason to skip a Classic. Get started with 70's at least. There are many good to great films from the 1960's all the way back to 1910's to catch up :p

max i've gone is 2 movies from 1970's,10-20 movies from 80's one of them i really liked was Back to the future series. :p 90's iv'e watched plenty.

And guys i know how good are the Godfather series even my dad also says so(Even read the novel) :|..Actually I will watch them. :) Also they are quite long 3 hours each.

Thanks for the reply guys.. Gonna watch the originals first and then the prequels. New Hope > The Empire Strikes Back > Return of the Jedi..right?

Rise of The Planet of Apes - 8/10. Better than expected.

Back