Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

A Serbian Film- This is madness!..Madness?..THIS IS A SERBIAN FILM!! I dont know how to rate this movie.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

^not that it is a bad movie, I just dont know how to rate it.

I Spit on your Grave (Unrated, 2010) - 5/10

My expectations were extremely low for this film. I have watched the original years ago and I don't claim to remember it except very vaguely. The first one came out during the explosion of 'exploitation' films and was part of the limited films that went on to have a cult following. This film made a few changes (characters) and turns it into a 'feminist' revenge film. The first half was brutal and not for everybody. The middle had a bit of suspense and the last 1/3rd is filled with revenge, which is just there for shocks. It went from 'this is bordering on good' to 'bordering between good and average' to 'ok! I liked it a bit, but'.

My main complaint about the last one-third is how Sarah Butler delivered her lines. It was neither from somebody who had grown cold without compassion nor from somebody who was filled to the brim with anger, hatred and a feeling of injustice. It was as if she was going through the motions. May be they were trying to do something different from the stereotypical acting you expect, didn't work for me. The other part has to do with the plot loopholes, logic etc., But, it must be said that despite all that it made you root for Jennifer to avenge, which is the whole point of the film.

I would still take "Martyrs" over any of the movies I've watched in the "Gore / Shock / Creepy" category in the past few weeks.

The Kings speech 9/10

Jackass 3D (in 2D) - 7/10 - Though it had many utterly `uber-gross` parts , some other stunts/whateva u call them were funny.

RS4 said:
Then watch "never back down", dont waste your 200 bucks on this pathetic POS.
watched never back down loads of times! Who said anything about wasting money - it was a hyperbole!

l33t said:
BTW , Hachiko - Definite 10 ! IMO.

I already rated this movie, but Iam quoting this again because I want more people to notice this. It deserves every digit of that 10 and more.:)

Back