RAGE - Discussion thread

dinjo said:
Wondering whether daytime could be possible for Arkham City

Very much possible if Rocksteady had considered portraying Bruce Wayne and all the wealth he inherits. During the day i.e. :p

I have just installed Rage. The default resolution is 1024*768. Can I play at 1920*1080 with medium/high settings? I own Quad Core Q6600 + GTX 260 + 4GB ram.

simforgotten said:
I have just installed Rage. The default resolution is 1024*768. Can I play at 1920*1080 with medium/high settings? I own Quad Core Q6600 + GTX 260 + 4GB ram.

Why don't you try it out? If you have it installed, then resolution change is just one-click away. :p

Today Rage is slowing down like hell,hanging every few seconds.It was running absolutely fine last time. Rage conf. is there in the base folder and patch 1 is applied. :S

Wrapped things up.
Disappointed by the ending, like pretty much everyone else.

I was hoping to take on some gigantic monster mutant thingy at the very least.

stalker said:
Wrapped things up.

Disappointed by the ending, like pretty much everyone else.

I was hoping to take on some gigantic monster mutant thingy at the very least.

Exactly my thoughts when I had completed it.

Gannu said:
I think I spoke too soon. Guys, be prepared for an even bigger disappointment i.e. the ending! :(

The game just concluded and without a fcuking boss battle! This wasn't so id! I was expecting a big bad ass mutant or some Authority chief to turn up towards the end and it all happened in a matter of minutes. There were few authority soldiers and heavies to be taken down. And some of them mutants and that's it. The player uploads some data into the Nexus core and BAM! That's it, a small cutscene ensues and the credits sequence begins rolling out. :(

To make matters worse there is no cutscene shown after the credits roll out.

Gannu said:
Exactly my thoughts when I had completed it.

This was one of the most disappointing endings ever in a game. The graphical/technical glitches didn't bother me much as I found the gameplay really astounding. And I too really really expected a big bas ass boss battle in the end. :(

My playthrough was hardly 10 hrs. I was so craving few more hours of this game. damn!

I really liked the gameplay and am still going at it...and really enjoying it. I dont know why everyone was upset, but this is a classic FPS, with none of that, "you can carry only 2 guns" and stuff like that. I dont know about the ending yet, so I guess I have been forewarned anyway.

Dead city had a nice scary atmosphere, with mutants jumping out of no where..

mav2000 said:
I dont know why everyone was upset

Blame it on the crappy drivers which were released prior to the release of the game and the limited in-game graphics settings available before the update is applied. Most reviewers had to play it with limited tweaks which resulted in the lowly ratings.

Well, I still think all the textures really suck...but then the game play makes up for it in a large way.

BTW, anyway to improve on the textures?

Completed the game few minutes back and I thought it was OK'ish. Most of the missions were repetitive and barely posed any challenge. Disappointed with the boss fights. I loved the AI and the way they reacted to our weapon shots. Also, the graphics were amazing on the 360 and the performance was always 60fps. Character detailing was spot on. The end was poorly laid out. Over-all, I'd say id could have done much better had they conceived a good storyline and variety in missions.

Everything is running nicely with Catalyst 11.10 prev 3 drivers. People(with amd cards) having problems with textures etc should try it out.

Is there any DLC's coming out for the PC?

i couldn't agree more with the ending, I save that BFG's bullets for the big bad boy in the end. But nothing ever turned up. However i enjoyed the gaming experience apart from the graphics side.

Just started this game and it's very good. Love games like this. But some textures are very bad there's no option to keep the game zoomed in when you press right click, that is a bit irritating :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Not to mention a shit load of image tearing. Too much of it.

Not the best PC port this is, but getting constant 60 fps.

Guy's does "Rage Update 1" help with certain issues?

Back