CXC 162037 R9G007

Bluetooth :
CXC 162058 R5A01

Organizer :
CXC 162036 R6D23
CDA version:
CDA 162007/2 R6D23

Thanks a ton TH, will flash tomorrow.

Btw, keep a lookout here for changelog info :)

Phones/P990i - UIQ3 open-source software

Edit :

CHANGES NOTICED SO FAR:

- On the shortcut screen, the icons are correct (prev. firmware had a missing icon, now it's Demo)

- Call register defaults to small zoom

- Contact app starts a bit faster

- Opera browser replaced with newer build

This page onwards has users reporting about their experience with R6, I'm surely upgrading tomorrow :D

My-Symbian.com Forum :: View topic - P990i firmware thread

since i'm a new user, i dont know much about the update process of this phone..so what are the things tht i need to look into b4 upgrading? i just downloaded the SEUS app from se site and installed it..its now doing an 'Application update download'....how do i go from here??

Private Ryan said:
help me out re ppl...:| akele akele updating...galat baat...:no:
back up your all data (contacts,calendar,bookmarks).
turn off your phone and press the C on flip and while pressing connect it to cradle and soft will detect your phone . and then just follow up the instruction.
:)

Private Ryan said:
anyone updated??what changes do you see?? Also TEch head, u'r the 1st to update it here..so wots ur take on the revision??
i ve updated mine .
startup time is fast now.
alarm bug is fixed .
pics thumbnails are better now.
wifi connects faster and its scanning range is now good .
thats all for now .
will update it .. :)

Private Ryan said:
anyone updated??what changes do you see?? Also TEch head, u'r the 1st to update it here..so wots ur take on the revision??

1)Faster start-up.

2) Quicker connection to my home wi-fi network.

3) Faster Opera..

4) Faster loading of contacts.

which app should be used to take perfect backup of the p990i including backup of contacts, settings, sms, calender etc.

is sony ericsson pc suite trust worthy ???
R's
Ashi

updated..:hap2:

As of now, the most notable difference to me is the boot up speed, contacts loading faster and pic thumbnails looking much better..will check the rest tomorrow..:)

Back