Security Software Quick Heal V/S KIS ?

dipen01

Skilled
Hi,

How is Quick Heal Antivirus Plus v10.00 compared to latest version of KIS..?

One thing that I know off is Quick Heal is very light on the system, not sure about KIS as used it long time back..

Thanks..

I don't know about Quick heal, but using KIS for the last two years and found it to be marvelous. No Virus problems so far. Previously used Norton and had all sorts of problems.

with KIS peace of mind guaranteed.

KIS is not very demanding but it is also not light on the machine.

lol.. I have been a quickheal fan for almost 3-4yrs.. :bleh:

Now have to share pendrives very often and even on infected machines..So facing problems with spyware every now and then... So I have an option to install some Antispyware.. or get a complete package in KIS..

Although my laptop config is modest, so i don't want the resources to get hogged..

download tweakUI(256kb) from filehippo.com
stop autorun of pendrive using this tool and thereafter never double click or open u'r pendrive and its folders ...just explore them and copy u'r required file .

hope this suggestion would help u if u'r demands are only to copy some files
and u can even scan a pendrive using any anti V. after disabling autorun feature..
it works great great
i haven't installed AV or formatted my PC for a year:)

Some cyber cafe people using P-III machines use quick heal as they say this is the lightest AV. I've never used it personally. Every geek i know swears by KIS so try that. Imo KIS takes a lot of updates and i am fine with avast.

log 1 = 0 said:
Hi,

How is Quick Heal Antivirus Plus v10.00 compared to latest version of KIS..?

One thing that I know off is Quick Heal is very light on the system, not sure about KIS as used it long time back..

Thanks..

hmm thanx..lets see... Laptop has 2 GB RAM but don't feel like using KIS... havent tried NOD 32 since couple of yrs.. might try it...

Why not give microsoft's security essentials a try. I'm using it and it works fine. I have used Kis 2010 and it is an excellent solution.

kushagra2008 said:
None of these
Bitdefender 2010 Total Security rocks :tongue:
Bit defernder is very heavy on the system
KIS is not that light but provides better protection
But if u want almost no load then use avira it is free and provides pretty decent protection

Norton is no more the resource hogger it once was reputed to be. But KIS has taken a march over it since the past few years. If you have a decent config by todays standards, KIS is excellent.
For a slightly older config, in this case the OP's lappy, both KIS and NIS wont do. I am not sure if Quick-Heal is that light on the system, most cafe owners use it out of ignorance, but having used ESET for a trial period, i can vouch for its lightness and simple UI.
BTW am using KIS.:bleh:

Back