Query on making full payment on Credit Card

technofast

Huh?
Adept
Aug 26, 2011
Chennai
I have got refund from Amazon of around Rs.7000 to my SBI CC for some of the products I bought and then returned for refund. Since I have this credit balance of 7K in the CC will the refund from Amazon get adjusted for the payments I have to make or do I need to make a full payment again? I do not want to make a minimum amount due payment and would like to pay the entire amount in full.

t3chg33k

Skilled
Jun 3, 2008
I have got refund from Amazon of around Rs.7000 to my SBI CC for some of the products I bought and then returned for refund. Since I have this credit balance of 7K in the CC will the refund from Amazon get adjusted for the payments I have to make or do I need to make a full payment again? I do not want to make a minimum amount due payment and would like to pay the entire amount in full.
SBI has a real issue where they will not consider the refund against the bill payment, even if you pay remainder of the outstanding after the refund and apply late payment charges instead.

It happened twice to me in the past but each time I got them to reverse the late payment charges, simply because I was not going to spend the refunded amount again anytime soon.

Other card providers don't do this as they are fine with the outstanding being 0 on the payment date. This, along with the annual charges for even basic cards, made me dump SBI for good.

technofast

Huh?
Adept
Aug 26, 2011
Chennai
SBI has a real issue where they will not consider the refund against the bill payment, even if you pay remainder of the outstanding after the refund and apply late payment charges instead.
Yes, the refund amount just gets adjusted to the available limit. Incase if any purchase is not made anytime soon it is a loss to us. This is where the debit card scores over the CC.

bigbyte

Skilled
May 14, 2007

It happened twice to me in the past but each time I got them to reverse the late payment charges, simply because I was not going to spend the refunded amount again anytime soon.

Other card providers don't do this as they are fine with the outstanding being 0 on the payment date. This, along with the annual charges for even basic cards, made me dump SBI for good.
Even I dumped SBI card for this reason few years back. But later all my card providers introduced this clause except Citibank.