Queries related to passport

Would be better if you be there. Else, you might have to visit the Police station ASAP after the verification. It all depends upon the officer's attitude.

Had appointment for 26th and was shocked to see the guy come for police verification already! :eek:

Anyways, whats the next step?

Are we supposed to go to the police station or do they come home? My dad has been called to the district headquarters by CID, which is a long and tiresome journey & he is a senior citizen. What should I do in such situation?

Regarding the two references that we have to give in passport application, are there any restrictions like you have to give neighbors as references or something or can be anyone in the city like office colleagues etc can be given as references? I have to renew my passport and don't want to give neighbors as reference as they are frequently unavailable.

Regarding the two references that we have to give in passport application, are there any restrictions like you have to give neighbors as references or something or can be anyone in the city like office colleagues etc can be given as references? I have to renew my passport and don't want to give neighbors as reference as they are frequently unavailable.

In my case all he needed was one signed copy of id address of those people.

In my case all he needed was one signed copy of id address of those people.
Exactly. In my case they didn't even bother checking. I submitted their self-attested id proofs at the police station. It can be of anyone who can vouch for you.

Applied for kiddo on the 2nd of Jan, process done in 30 mins flat. They just took the documents, arranged them in a brown paper file, went through the file once, and that was all.
Got an SMS in minutes, stating that the passport is approved and sent for printing. By evening had got the message the passport has been printed and sent via post. 7th of Jan, passport in hand.

In my case, i wrote names of 2 of my relatives but they insisted on writing of someone in the same building. They made the change at the passport office at the desk where they take our picture.

I am applying for renewal of my passport and also getting my spouse name added.

For this, I will be submitting the marriage certificate copy. Issue is, my surname is mispelled in the marriage certificate.

Example:
Surname in Passport: abcde
Surname in marriage certificate: abde (c is missing)

Do i need to acquire any affidavit to show that name is mispelled in the marriage certificate?

Thanks.

^^ Will be an issue. However, I'm not sure if an affidavit will work. They might ask you to correct the marriage certificate itself.
My mother's surname was misspelled in my birth certificate. They put me on hold until I got it corrected.

The police verification for my dad's passport was completed in the end of December. But the status still shows "Status: Pending for physical police verification at your respective Thana under SP Office". What next?

Hello friends I'm applying for a fresh passport ! While filling the form I found this question confusing #Is either of your parent (in case of minor)/ spouse, a government servant? In my case my father is a government employee and my age is 21 so what should I tick yes or no ? because in case of parents they have mentioned for minors which I am not..... I would really appreciate if anyone can answer. Thanks !

A family friend recently applied for dubai tourist visa, and got a paper visa.

AFAIK, paper visa is illegal. So will it be stamped on arrival?

to confirm, what all documents do I need to take with me when visiting psk after applying online, other than the proofs?
The appointment form with date/time and the other one where you have to put a photo?

to confirm, what all documents do I need to take with me when visiting psk after applying online, other than the proofs?
The appointment form with date/time and the other one where you have to put a photo?
Take any document which you feel would support your cause. Address proofs, bank balance statements, etc.
Regarding photo, you need not paste any on the form, although it is safe to have a couple with you. Photos are always taken by the OFC , at the passport office when they record your biometrics.

http://www.immihelp.com/visitor-visa/visitor-documents.html
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-typeb1b2.asp#supportingdocs

EDIT: Sorry.. Got confused with the visa process. :p

Last edited:
Back