Queries related to passport

Anyone knows how much time it takes for the PV go ahead to reach passport office once police verification has been done at the local police station and at home ?
Mine was done in the week of Diwali (on 23rd October) and I had visited the local police station also.
The police guy there told me that now the file goes to CID office and then it is cleared. He said that the CID office first clears the backlog and then whenever my file comes up it will be cleared.
I checked the Mumbai Police website but my file number does not show up on it. But I was myself able to go to local police station and get the PV done. This I did after I received a SMS on 22nd October from "DM-CPMUMB' with text as follows...

"Dear Applicant, your passport file , is sent to Borivali(W) police station for verification. Kindly visit police station withing next three days for your verification........"

Calling 1090, they say my file was last updated sometime in January 2014, which is sort of weird. So what are my options ?
Should I keep calling 1090 every 2 days to know the status.
The policeman at the local police station mentioned to me that once file goes ahead from CID then I shall get a SMS. Is it true ?
Has anyone done POST Police verification ?

I got an email after police verification. I dont remember if I got an sms.

Dear XX

Your passport has been dispatched on 2013-07-09 through speed post.

Your passport details are given below:

Passport No.:

File No.:

Tracking No.:

Thank You!!

Disclaimer:- This is a system generated email. Please do not reply to this email.
*** This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system

I got an email after police verification. I dont remember if I got an sms.

Dear XX

Your passport has been dispatched on 2013-07-09 through speed post.

Your passport details are given below:

Passport No.:

File No.:

Tracking No.:

Thank You!!

Disclaimer:- This is a system generated email. Please do not reply to this email.
*** This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system

Nah this is different. I had got this already in 2013 since I have passport since then. I just want to know whether the "ADVERSE" police verification remark has been removed from against my File# and I am in clear.

Better to Visit Worli You will get all the details very clearly and crisply

The thing is when to visit Worli, even if I have to. I did visit Worli in the Diwali week since I had got a notice from regional passport office about no PV done yet (check last page for the pic of notice). So they initiated my PV again and told me to wait for the SMS and intimation that when I should go to police station. I received that SMS on 22nd and I went to police station on 23rd and everything was done on 24th. The police station officer told me that now after someone else will sign file and it will be sent to main CID office and once it is cleared from there we get SMS that PV is done and passport office is intimated.
He did mention it will be take a month to do it and CID office has backlog and such things.
But still since new passports with PV done come within a month, I thought this will also be done quickly since I already have the passport with me since one year.

Guys I just received this SMS. I had got my police verification done on around 25th Oct 2014 (I already have passport received back in 2013). It was a POST verification.
The below doesn't mean it is good or bad right ? I called up passport toll free number and they tell me to go to regional passport office to enquire.

Here is the SMS...

Dear Applicant , Your Passport Verification is done and report is submitted to RPO MUMBAI- MUMBAI POLICE.

Dont worry, its a standard SMS for everyone. If everything went smooth during police verification, you will get passport soon.

See the thing is. I did get my passport back in 2013 only. It was just addition of spouse name and hence it was POST verification. But then in 2013, I never went to police station (my dumb mistake) and hence after more than 1 Year the passport office sends me notice (In October of 2014 means this year) that i did not attend police verification.
So i went to worli and they re-initiated my police verification and now finally it seems to be done.
I want to ensure that the report is fine and the notice against my passport that "Police verification Unclear" is removed.
Because I was told that until and unless this is sorted, I cannot travel anywhere. I would be either rejected entry at the time of boarding (when passport is scanned at airport) or they may confiscate passport and tell me to contact the passport office.

I am planning to go to RPO, Worli next friday to get this sorted.

Okay.
So I downloaded the form. And I'll fill it up. And then I suppose there is a provision to submit it online(?).

So when does the take appointment thingy come in handy? What is its use?

So here is an update. I checked the Mumbai police website for my File Number and now it is indeed appearing. Here is the link of that website..

https://mumbaipolice.maharashtra.gov.in/passportstatus.asp

Here is what the status says....

Applicant Name XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Date of Birth.XX/XX/XX Gender M
Application Date. 12/8/2013
Police Station M.H.B COLONY
Inward Date 1/11/2014
Outward No. XXXXX
Outward Date 11/11/2014
NR No.
Is File Received By SB-II From Passport Office:
Status From Internal Branches:
PSR
Is File Send Back To Regional Passport Office: 21-11-2014

Can someone help me decrypt it ?

It does appear that the file was sent back to RPO on 21st November. I got SMS (mentioned 2 posts above) on 20th evening.

I am planning to go to RPO on this friday to ask them though.

Apparently the e-form that you download for normal passport is problematic. No matter what DOB I enter, it shows invalid date, cannot be a future date. So, if anyone have a valid e-form, kindly share.

Thanks

Back