Android Queries related to Nexus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just use the all in one toolkit posted on xda. You will have to unlock the bootloader though which will erase everything on the device.

well i have updates 4.4 kit kat and was working fine but don't know what was the problem that it wont go into proper recover mode after pressing volume up and power (means i can't see the option of devilish cache and update from zip etc) ! problem arrived when i tried to rooting it
then i started doing R n D with tools and other thing and after running flash-all.bat ,i finally bricked it ! fast boot is still working but adb is not working anymore for this tab ! i m able to wipe cache n user data etc but not able to flash the tab anymore !its giving signature missing error during flashing ![DOUBLEPOST=1387691507][/DOUBLEPOST]i have unlocked the boot-loade before running the flashing etc but now i have locked it coz i wana do rma ! yup i tried tools and tricks posted at xda but seems its hardware fail ! side load command is also not working and WugFresh toolkit wont help me ! i even tried using old factory img from google but same error ! when ever tools tried to flash bootloader ,its always error
i want to do RMA before it completely dies ,if they refuse then i will do further RnD :nurse:[DOUBLEPOST=1387691702][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.androidbeat.com/2013/11/manually-update-nexus-7-android-4-4-kitkat/
Speaking of bricking, any links to a proper tutorial for rooting this

Last edited:
Does this all mean i am probably safe if i do not root and do custom ROMs or install any apps that may screw the hardware ?

Does this all mean i am probably safe if i do not root and do custom ROMs or install any apps that may screw the hardware ?
Nexus 7 hardware has got poor reviews in the long run i.e. becoming laggy due to the Nand memory filling up or something. I wanted to purchase a tablet for my little cousin but this has been a deterrent and nexus 7 2013 is out of my budget

Nexus 7 hardware has got poor reviews in the long run i.e. becoming laggy due to the Nand memory filling up or something. I wanted to purchase a tablet for my little cousin but this has been a deterrent and nexus 7 2013 is out of my budget

N7 is having yr old hardware so its not gonna be as good as current crop tablets. Still one cant get any better product, even Chinese tablet better than N7 at its current price. And recent android updates have have fixed lag due to memory issues IMO. I used N7 for an year and i observed sluggishness only while copying files from desktop to tab, didnt face any lag in operation.

but don't know what was the problem that it wont go into proper recover mode after pressing volume up and power (means i can't see the option of devilish cache and update from zip etc)
i want to do RMA before it completely dies ,if they refuse then i will do further RnD :nurse:

First, sequence to boot in recovery is volume down and power button. Not volume up.

Also even if your tablet dies completely, you will still be able to RMA it. As long as service guys cant trace that you have unlocked bootloader they will process your request. So dont worry.

First, sequence to boot in recovery is volume down and power button. Not volume up.
i know that pressing vol down n power i will get the menu(start,bootloaderetc) but after going into recovery mode ,i just see red exclamation mark ,so u need to press vol+power for further process ! well i only got red exclamation mark on android logo ,no option like wipe cache ,update from sd card etc etc
yup that's why i un rooted n locked the loader of the tab again,now i will try for RMA tomorrow ! don't know how much time they will take

i'm thinking about buying a tab as an ebook reader and for casual gaming under 10k. I'll use the tab for atleast 3 years before upgrading to another one.
What do you guys suggest? should i buy n7 or get something else? My primary requirement is : reliability. should last atleast 3 years.

i googled about 2012 nexus 7 reliability but many users reported issues like screen popping out of its body, unresponsive touch, multitouch issues, dead pixels etc. in long run.
did any of you suffered any problems?

No issues with my N7 1+ year on. It felt slightly laggy after the Kitkat 4.4.2 OTA update. Booted into recovery, cleared the cache and it was good to go again. It was rooted first day, used Xtreme Guard to protect the screen and has been in a case ever since. Rooting was only done because of annoying ads, and needing superuser access for shell and backups. Not everyone will need that.
Working well so far, as a web browser, ebook reader, for mail and as a mini substitute for when I'm not around the desktop.

I get about 3-5 hours (games for my son). Battery lasts much longer using it for other activities. The more software you install, the more the chances that some applications will keep making requests of the CPU leading to minor drain.

@blackperl : After getting the android triangle symbol, you need to press power + Vol Up button and release them to get to the recovery menu (for cache wipe options.

I feel the touch is not so sensitive when i first bought it anyone else has this issue ?

I feel the touch is not so sensitive when i first bought it anyone else has this issue ?
Over time, lag issues (depending on cache and applications) can creep up. If you have performed OTA updates, better to do a full reset after every OTA update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back