Q & A's for iTrust and TE Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipdude

Skilled
Dear Members,

From now on please post all your queries/doubts related to iTrust or TE Market in this thread.

Do not hesitate even if its the simplest of doubts. TE Staff and Senior Members of TE would be glad to help you out with your questions.

Must read threads to get you started -

iTrust Specific Rules -> Ground Rules for iTrade

For all the Trader feedback before the implementation of iTrust System -> http://www.techenclave.com/forums/trader-feedback-thread-65189.html

For Courier feedback -> http://www.techenclave.com/forums/courier-service-feedback-66698.html

Dealers/Distributors -> Click Here

iTrust Related Links -> iTrust Mainpage || Your iTrust Profile || My Market Watch

Market Rules - TE Rules - FAQ's

================

Q & A's

Some of the questions that have asked by members after the implementation of iTrust System -

1. Can i rate someone for an Older Deal -

Nope, please don't. Rating's come into force for all the deals done after the implementation of iTrust System.

[*]What happens to the positive feedback i received for my older trades -

They would be present in the our Discussion section in form of a Sticky. Members cannot add to it but they could always use that as a reference.

[*]Can i rate GO's -

Nope. Group Orders are exempt from Rating. Also all the GO's come outside of the purview of iTrust as they would have to be posted in the Hot Deals & Discussions Section.

[*]Are you being only Seller friendly by making sure that all off-topic banter stays out of a trade thread -

Of course not. At TE we believe in neutrality towards both the buyers and sellers.

We do concede that we are a community centric forum and to maintain that communtiy spirit going we would allow discussions to take place on any trade but only if its done in the right section, which in this case ought to be the Hot Deals & Discussions section.

So if you ever feel that someone is cheating, posting misleading/erroneous info, fleecing someone by quoting exorbitant prices, then just start a thread on the same in the discussions section pointing out the flaws in that trade and what you feel needs to be corrected.

[*]How many times can i rate someone for a trade. And what if a trade contains multiple products/items -

You can rate only once for a 'Single Trade Thread' even if the sale contains more than one item or product.

[*]What if rate someone and he does not reciprocate in kind -

He has 7 days grace period from the time you rate him to reciprocate. If for some reason he does not rate you back then just PM any of Mods and we would revert the rating back.

[*]If i get negative rating can i demand it to be taken back -

Nope you cannot with respect to staff. Once you get rated we(staff) would never change it for whatsoever reason. Only exception would be when for some reason both the buyer and seller agree that issues have been sorted out and they are at peace with each other and given the new developments the rating sounds unfair.

In such a scenario the ratings would be reverted or changed. But remember you can only get 'One rating Per month 'reverted.

Also, members being rated negatively are free to rate/reply the person back. Also, you are free to PM the person or even start a thread on the same in discussions section explaining why you think he was being unfair.

Note: Please do not rate someone in haste, if you want to rate someone in the negative - please consider PM/IM/EM'ng the person and getting his explanation - if that explanation does not satisfy you, then you can rate him.

[*]What about thread bumps -
    What about them - please avoid bumping threads. I am not going to buy something just because i see a particular sale thread is on top of the forums. And even if i am looking to buy something i would make sure that i buy it from a good seller and the deal is within my grasp financially. I would check out all the threads in Market and exhaust all the options before i buy.

But we do understand that being in the first page of market forum would get you good coverage and sometimes the speed at which the sale takes place matters to you as you would have other upgrade commitments to take care off.

So feel free to bump but only the author of the trade can do it, if he follows one important rule - the time gap between the last post in his trade thread and the bump should be at the least 24 hours.

Do not bump saying i won't be online today so let be bump now. That is not required - you can bump the thread once you come back online.

Three examples to make it crystal clear -

1. Author X creates a thread at 1.00 PM -

His next bump time would be 1.00 PM + 24 hours. Assuming no one else replies in that thread.

2. User Y replies at 5.00 PM -

X's next bump time would be 5.00 PM + 24 hours.

3. User Z replies the next day 11 AM -

X's next bump time would be 11 AM + 24 hours.

[*]Do i need to post in the trade thread to show my interest -

Nope. By just clicking the Interested Button your interest in the sale would be notified to the seller.

[*]Can i post in a trade thread saying its awesome deal etc, nothing derogatory only goody goody stuff -

Nope you can't. The reason is simple, we won't allow any post which points out the flaws aka negative thing about that trade. So in the same vein - we cannot allow all the goody goody stuff too. Read the rules here.

Remember, if you feel so overjoyed about some trade you are free to start a thread on the same in Hot Deals & Discussions section.

[*]I am a dealer and i would like to use the TE Market Place -

Well TE's Market place is meant for all C2C transactions. So your best bet would be to come to us via the right route and that in case of Dealers/Distributors would be via this channel

[*]I need to test the new iTrust System without effecting anyone else's rating, how do i go about it. -

You can use this thread -> http://www.techenclave.com/forums/official-itrust-test-thread-83099.html

[*]What about thread prefixes -

As you know prefixes do not work anymore after the upgrade. But its in the interest of the communtiy to keep them going by manually adding the prefixes before creating a trade thread. Ofcourse Staff would also do the needful.

Prefixes to be followed and their meaning -

WTB -> Want to Buy

FS -> For Sale

IC -> Interest Check

GO -> Group Order

FT -> For Trade

DO -> Dealer Order

[*] Do i get banned for suspicious ratings -

Yep, there is an automated system which bans folks if they either rate non-existent/imaginary deals or if they try to rate someone repeatedly. Not to forget the Staff would always be watching. So please use the rating system with some prudence and discretion.

[*] What are the advantages of using Interests Button instead of posting a normal reply -

Well, your Interest for the trade would be kept under the wraps, other than you and the seller no one else would be privy to it. Its strictly For Your Eyes only.

[*] Can i Close/Open my own Trade threads -

Yes you can. Just go to your My Market Watch from there you can close/open your trade threads. We also recommend you close your trade threads once a deal is complete and rating given. Else, you can always leave a note for Mods to do the same.

[*] Can i reply to a negative feedback -

Yep. You can reply to a negative feedback so when the users see the reason for the negative feedback they would also get to read your side of the story under that -ve feedback.

[*]How would i come to know on when i get a feedback -

You would get an automated message, also you can check your iTrust Profile and iTrust Main page.

[*]Can i edit my trade at any time OR its only valid for first hour from the time of posting -

Yes you can edit your trade at anytime. Be it within first hour, 24 hours, days or weeks. Just go to your trade and click the edit button. Again we recommend that guys update your first post with revised prices, additional details etc as and when its required.

[*] How do i rate someone for an completed trade -

Go to that particular Trade, Click the dealer rating just below location, it would open up the particular members 'iTrust Profile.'

From there - just see below all the ratings for the 'Submit Feedback For XXXXX' link - click on it and you can rate him.

==============

We would keep appending to Q & A's to this thread. This in no way is comprehensive - the best source of questions would by you the user - so just feel free to shoot questions specifically regarding iTrust System or anything related to the TE Market.

Also, everyone is welcome to contribute to this thread be it vis a vis 'Questions or Answers.'

Thanks in advance,

TE Staff

Re: Q & A's for iTrader and TE Market

You guys need to rethink #7, that is negative rating. When someone is rated negatively, they should at least have the chance of responding to the negative comments - the rating doesn't have to change, but they should at least be able to explain their side of the story. Let's face it, some people are bound to leave negative ratings in haste.

^ I agree. You can rate him back and also reply to him. Also you are free to start a thread here on the same explaining why the user should rethink his rating or PM him - i think he should be free to edit his rating say within first hour.

Also, we would try to make sure that no one misuse's the rating power.

My humble request to everyone would be - Please do not rate someone in haste, if you want to rate someone in the negative - please consider PM/IM/EM'ng the person and getting his explanation - if that explanation does not satisfy you then you can rate him.

So do give him a chance to explain.

PS: Edited the question no:7 for better explanation.

Looks like there is still some confusion about

'8. What about thread bumps - '

So feel free to bump but only the author of the trade can do it, if he follows one important rule - the time gap between the last post in his trade thread and the bump should be at the least 24 hours.

Three examples to make it crystal clear -

1. Author X creates a thread at 1.00 PM -

His next bump time would be 1.00 PM + 24 hours. Assuming no one else posts replies in that thread.

2. User Y replies at 5.00 PM -

X's next bump time would be 5.00 PM + 24 hours.

3. User Z replies the next day 11 AM -

X's next bump time would be 11 AM + 24 hours.

So basically word Time Gap in our context is defined as 'The time gap between the last reply(anyone's reply) in that thread and your bump should be at least 24 hours.'

Looks like Market can be viewed by guests as well now...

^ Yep, before guests could only see the first post in a thread - now they can see the whole thread.

How do i leave a rating for a seller or purchaser?

How do i leave a rating / feedback for a seller or purchaser?
Cant seem to find it anywhere

Re: How do i leave a rating for a seller or purchaser?

Go to the trade, Click the dealer rating just below location, would open up the Buyer/Sellers - iTrust profile.

From there - just see below the ratings for 'Submit Feedback For XXXXX' link - click on it for rating that particular trader.

Moving thread to Q & A.

It's almost impossible for leave feedback for buyers - you guys need to make that more intuitive.

^ Two ways to go about it depending on when you want to rate someone.

1. Rating a Buyer/Seller 'After' he leaves a rating for you -

In this case the solution is fairly simple. Just go your iTrust profile page, check the feedbacks received for that traders rating - check in the options column for 'Submit Rating for this Deal - Yellow Icon' - click on it and just fill in your ratings for that trader.

2. Rating a Buyer 'Before' he leaves a rating for you -

This is a difficult but not an impossible scenario to deal with. You cannot go via the Trade thread to rate him because he is a buyer. So we have to find another way to get to his iTrust Profile page so that we can rate him.

The solution is - get his TE UserId Number. The easiest way to get anyone's user-id no is go to his profile or click his username and do a mouse hover over Send the user a PM or Send the user a Email fields. You would get something like this in your browser status bar -

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=3

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=3

Now 3 in the above case is the user id no of the buyer we want to rate. Now just enter this in the URL field of your browser - http://www.techenclave.com/forums/itrust.php?u=3

where Blue is common for all iTrust profiles, Red is the userid no of a particular trader.

Once his iTrust profile page loads up - you can rate him via the submit feedback button. If the member has been rated before then it is easier for you to go this iTrust profile page - just click on any of the ratings given to him on the iTrust Main Page.

-------------

So best thing to do is wait for buyers rating. Else just get his userid no append it to that iTrust Profile String and rate him.

We would surely think of a simpler solution, in the meantime - you can follow this.

Thanks, I was caught up in user case #2 and the solution is not obvious to anyone. It's typical that a seller leaves feedback for the buyer first, because the buyer fulfills his part of the deal once payment is made. Would be good if you guys added the leave feedback option in the profile or iTrust profile page itself.

Yep it would be better if the there is direct link to person's i trader profile somewhere in the info bar. maybe something similar to the rig gallery link.

I wanted to rate chic_magnet for the ep 630 thread, but its not allowed because it was a GO :(

isnt it a bit unfair, especially after all the trouble he went to :huh:

^ Depends on how you want to view it. But i do understand & appreciate your point of view.

GO's are a community service taken up by noble members for the benefit of all the TE members. So the best way to reciprocate their gesture would be by showing them our thanks and adding to their reputations via our 'Rep System.'

iTrader/Market system is not a community service. Members trading having an personal stake/interest in what they sell/buy. At the end of the day - we need to give both buyers/sellers an tool to measure/rate each other after every deal via our 'iTrader Rating System.'

To sum it up -
Reputation System - Tool to display to our thanks to a certain invidiual for their contributions.
Rating System - Tool to measure/rate someone on their trading prowess & integrity.

Lets see - for now GO's are exempt from 'Rating' maybe in future we would include them. Thanks for your feedback.

hw does one delete a thread put by mistake in the market section???
it done by mistake...i need to get it off before ppl respond to it....

I want to sell a few items, lying around in my home. I need to know following things:
  1. How to get the payment if one doesn't have a bank account, ruling out all the possibilities of Wire Transfer or Bank Deposit?
  2. Are screenshots necessary?
Right these 2 are bugging me the most. :S

hi ,

I need to float a adv for WTB notice for a HD 4850, but i m unable to do so .

even though i have made 35 posts.

How can i do that.

Ekam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back