Purchasing Term Insurance Plan

I am looking for purchasing Term Insurance Plan for my family. Can anybody suggest which Plan I should go with and is it better to buy online term plans?

How is HDFC online term plans.

Regards

Online term plans are much cheaper than LIC offline plans. I have been hearing about soon to be launched online term plans by LIC. You can and should take a term insurance for a really huge amount and split it between 2 or 3 players. One of them being LIC. HDFC is also reasonable. Prefer plans that require health check as chances of rejection at a later date is lesser. If you are below 30 yrs of age,none of the online plans will require health check. In such cases, do fill the online health history forms honestly.

Regards,
Mohit

amohit,
Any idea when LIC is coming with online plan ? damn they are talking about it from 6 months.

@OP
Best would be take 50-50; from Aviva iLife (50 lakh is around 3000 Rs per year) & 50 % from LIC (they cost around 9000 Rs per year)

I too am thinking about taking a term insurance plan for myself. How is ICICI prudential? i have an icici account thought i could buy one and link it there

Guys, i was checking out the LIC Term plan for my father. http://www.licindia.in/LICs_e-TERM_PLAN_eligibilty.html. It says maximum cover ceasing age is 75 years. However, when i am using premium calculator to calculate the sum assured, it is not letting me select beyond 70 years i.e. Im entering age as 58 and the term age is topping out at 12 years. What am i doing wrong ?[DOUBLEPOST=1416324958][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, as per terms, there is lesser premium for smoker vs non smoker, however the sum premium calculator does not take that into account. So, what are we supposed to enter in the sum assured category when registering?

Last edited:
Back