Punekars need your suggestions for party event

el33t

Adept
Hello Punekars on TE,

Please suggest good hotels/clubs for organizing new year party event. We'll be having the party after 5th Jan only.

Budget:

900 / person

Requirements:

1) Location: Kalyani Nagar/koregan park or Chandni Chowk. Open space

2) Expecting around 100 guests

3) Food should be excellent: Veg and Non-Veg. Fish is also preferred. Desserts

5) Liquor and Fruit Juice: We prefer to get liquor from our end.

6) DJ music

We have already checked the following hotels in past

1) Ambrosia - Bavhdan

2) ABC Farms - koregan park

3) Sohos - kalyani nagar

4) Garden court - Chandni chowk

5) Pride - University circle

Thanks!

Ambrosia would be an excellent place if you could book it all for yourselves. It has a nice big pool, tables all around the pool. The food is simply superb. Pune Mirror gave it a rating of 9+ in all the 5 sections it rates the restaurants on.

I didn't like the ambience of Sohos. Feels a bit suffocating. As it is, i dont like such partied, i prefer hang out joints more. Its not open space either. Food was also not that great.

DO NOT GO TO PRIDE. The food there sucks big time! Hate the food over there.

Another options is Riverside somewhere ahead of Bashos. It also has a pool and a nice ambience. Open roof place. They have a big room sort of a structure too for a dance floor. You can get your own liquor too.

alsiladka said:
Ambrosia would be an excellent place if you could book it all for yourselves. It has a nice big pool, tables all around the pool. The food is simply superb. Pune Mirror gave it a rating of 9+ in all the 5 sections it rates the restaurants on.

Sohos would be too clubbing / drinks sort of a place. Food is not that good though.

DO NOT GO TO PRIDE. The food there sucks big time! Hate the food over there.

Another options is Riverside somewhere ahead of Bashos. It also has a pool and a nice ambience. Open roof place. They have a big room sort of a structure too for a dance floor. You can get your own liquor too.
riverside sticks for parties.
The service is horrendous.

Ambrosia is a great place, a little on the costlier side but worth every penny, and the food there is best among the places mentioned here.

ABC farms is too crowded for my taste and way overpriced for the fair on offer.

Garden court is also affordable and very flexible on the choice of menu. Food is 6/10, but nothing beats ambrosia especially if there are gonna be family members accompanying you.

You can book Soul/Curve one of my friend did his office party there his overall budget was 50k. They gave free beer to everyone.

May be you can get better deal cuz ur budget is around 90K

Hi Guys,

I'm very sorry I was not clear at the end of my post. The hotels i listed, we had our past diwali and new year parties there. Looking for a different cool place. Sorry Again!

Thanks for your suggestions anyways. please keep them coming.

el33t said:
Post 91 offers excellent food, although scores low on ambience and free space. It is more preferred for executive or formal buffets.
techie_007 said:
Its run by the same ppl as Malaka Spice I believe. Going by Malaka Spice, I would say it should be good :)

I did not like the food from Malaka Spice on bit :no:

alsiladka said:
Post 91 offers excellent food, although scores low on ambience and free space. It is more preferred for executive or formal buffets.
I did not like the food from Malaka Spice on bit :no:

I would disagree on that one. :) To each his own I guess. But for Thai food, its the best I have seen here.

Oh, and for the suggesting a good place part, apart from the previously talked about Post 91, you can try this place called "One" opposite Elysium, and if nothing else works, and you are "dead set" on anything this side of town aka KP/Kalyani Nagar, maybe Barbeque Nation (although their food quality has really dropped since they opened up)

Then there's Exotica/Laguna in the IBM Building on Nagar Road, but i think they are a bit on the pricey side.

And then on the Chandni Chowk side maybe you want to look at Club Oasis

Oasis has nice food, though the ambience is not all that great.

Why don't you go for Ambrossia only? That would be the best place. And it far off from the city too, so you would get a quiet environment.

alsiladka said:
Oasis has nice food, though the ambience is not all that great.

Why don't you go for Ambrossia only? That would be the best place. And it far off from the city too, so you would get a quiet environment.

Hes already been there na. So wants a new place for the next party.

Hie fellas,

Thanks a ton for all the inputs :D . My event team have decided to checkout Post91 next week.

Ya I have been to malaka spices. I love thai food and malaka was good with Nice Red wine ;).

Hey techie and Powersurege have you'll tried "Thai house" at Bhau Patil Road near Khadki? It's run by a thai couple. A must visit for thai food lovers :)

Thai House pune - Google Maps

Again thanks for all the inputs. Appreciated!

el33t said:
Hey techie and Powersurege have you'll tried "Thai house" at Bhau Patil Road near Khadki? It's run by a thai couple. A must visit for thai food lovers :)

Thai House pune - Google Maps

Again thanks for all the inputs. Appreciated!

I've heard good things about this place, but i rarely venture out of Kalyani Nagar/KP, but hey, for good food, i shall travel! Thanks for the recco, this deserves a trip to Khadki :eek:hyeah:

Powersurge said:
I've heard good things about this place, but i rarely venture out of Kalyani Nagar/KP, but hey, for good food, i shall travel! Thanks for the recco, this deserves a trip to Khadki :eek:hyeah:

+1. For good food, I travel too, If I can go Pashan to KP, Khadki shouldnt be a problem :rofl:

EDIT: Can someone gimme updated map co-ordinates though? :ashamed:

The ones in the above link put it near the corporation bus stand near JM :rofl:

Judging by the pics in that Google maps link, i do recall they had another restaurant open next to Just Baked on DP road? Where Brugge is currently?

techie_007 said:
+1. For good food, I travel too, If I can go Pashan to KP, Khadki shouldnt be a problem :rofl:

techie, next time you come to KP, go to this small bakery called "Indulgence" which has the best cheesecake. ever. They only sell cheesecakes, but man oh man.

Its diagonally opposite Silk Route/Mad House Grill.

Back