Car & Bike Pulsar 150 UG1 bike problems

Hello,

I own a blue colour Pulsar with mag wheels. Have a 120x80x17 MRF tubeless tyre. The problem is that of a recurring puncture. Air leaks out from this particular puncture (I have had two till now) and even after getting it fixed later the same problem reoccurs.
Wonder what to do to solve the problem? One thing i thought of was to to get the tuff up tubes but not sure if I will find the 120x80x17 tuff up tubes (or for that matter normal tubes).
Now the funny thing is, even after fixing the puncture, the air slowly oozes out reducing the tyre pressure over time. say from 32 it would come down to 20-24 in around 7 days.

Any suggestions on what should be the course of action?

Second problem is that one side of the rear tyre is worn out a lot more than the other. The right side of the tyre has worn out more than the left side. What could be the problem??

1. Check the rim of the wheel. If the location of the puncture is the same the problem might lie with the rim and the point of contact. Incase of bending or protrusion on the rim the same area may get affected. That is one of the common reasons of air leakage.

2. The rear tire needs balancing. The sign of wear on a particular side suggest issues with wheel balancing or in severe cases a bad rear hub. Try an experiment if possible.... get the rear tire wet. move the bike and get a complete 360 rotation of the wheel..... check the ground for the tread(pref. dark-- don't do it on marble). If the tread is uneven.... u will definitely need to get the wheel/hub checked out....

hey thanks for the reply.

1. for your first point, its interesting. I have three punctures (With one that happened this last week and has yet to be rectified) and all three of them have happened in the same area, all three are like a couple of centimeters apart from each other!!!!

2. hmm yes i did something similar on a beach. One side of the wheel wasnt as deep as the other side!

hey thanks for the reply.

1. for your first point, its interesting. I have three punctures (With one that happened this last week and has yet to be rectified) and all three of them have happened in the same area, all three are like a couple of centimeters apart from each other!!!!
2. hmm yes i did something similar on a beach. One side of the wheel wasnt as deep as the other side!

Why do you have 120/80?

Are you using it tubeless or with a tube?

What make are the alloy wheels- oem or 3rd party?

What if the tyre size is too big for the rim and the tubeless tyre is not forming a good seal at the edges?

Did that post-crash improper alignment issue get resolved fully- where something like maybe like a not-so-ok rim, swingarm or chassis may have been the issue?

Get a new bike and take care not to crash or mod it. :)

hello again..

have a bit of a problem. Where can I get wheel balancing done for bikes in mumbai? Everywhere I go I am told that they don't do wheel balancing for bikes! bah!.... kinda sucks. any help?

Back